Rocket Ron or Nobby Nic upfront

Lukep

They are great tyres, but the sidewalls are like paper and they are very soft and therefore, wear quickly. The vittoria is a fair amount heavier, but has much thicker side walls and lasts a lot longer.

Snakeskin is what you want, in the new casing. Older casing snakeskin in the more XC tyres tended to weep a bit. 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snakeskin is what you want, in the new casing. Older casing snakeskin in the more XC tyres tended to weep a bit. 

Indeed, but the price of the new casing in snakeskin makes me weep a bit...

The Vittoria Barzo and Saguero combo is great for XC style riding - lots of grip, fast rolling, wears well and has decent strength sidewalls.

Indeed, but the price of the new casing in snakeskin makes me weep a bit...

The Vittoria Barzo and Saguero combo is great for XC style riding - lots of grip, fast rolling, wears well and has decent strength sidewalls.

Easybike has specials on em every now and then. 

My Rocket Ron rear tire died on Saturday - porcupine quill :thumbdown:

I have a Nobby Nic on the front... and I have another new Nobby Nic on the shelf, which I could fit to the rear.

Any idea how much worse the rolling resistance would be with the Nobby Nic on the rear?

Nobby Nick is more trail oriented so it will roll heavier and wear faster.

As Fatbastard says, evolution casing Snakeskin with addix compound is where you want to be. Even the Nobby Nic rolls well

My Rocket Ron rear tire died on Saturday - porcupine quill :thumbdown:

I have a Nobby Nic on the front... and I have another new Nobby Nic on the shelf, which I could fit to the rear.

Any idea how much worse the rolling resistance would be with the Nobby Nic on the rear?

Fit the old Nic to the back, new at the front. Front is where you want the best tyre with teh most grip. 

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a go. Will Definitely but the new one on the front :thumbup:

The one's I have are 29 x 2.35 EVO Snakeskin PaceStar.

It has held up well on the front, but we'll see how it goes as a rear :lol:

My other thought was to buy an Ardent Race or something like that...

Archived