RIP cradle MTB route

Furbz

might as well pave it and create a cycle lane. thats how dumbed down it is.

Don't you see the cunning plan of a MTB track next to the road in the cradle.... is so that you can see how much of a good time the roadies are having and become a roadie rather than a MTBiker  :ph34r:  :whistling:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might as well pave it and create a cycle lane. thats how dumbed down it is.

Dude, go around the corner to Kings...but don't ride the "dumbed down" green or blue, I think they actually ARE paved....go all out on the red and black! :thumbup: ... just remember to dress the part and try avoid RocknRolla passing you on the ups ...AND downs.. on his SS.

Bud, then go get involved.

Go sit in meetings between Hero and the municipality or whoever is doing the decision making, and convince them to make 2 lines, one for the less skilled/beginners, and one for you and Furbz. Tell them you'll be there on Saturdays in the rainy season with your weed eater, cutting grass and branches that are hanging into the singletrack and maintaining the variety you're keen on.

Try to look at a bigger picture. They're (Hero) getting in the mix with a lot of land owners and creating places to ride. If that happens with more places in that area, soon you might be able to utilize this "dumbed down" section of trail to link parks/riding venues together.

Starting threads here about it serves no purpose but to voice complaints that fall on deaf ears, and to show the people putting in all the effort that people like you dont appreciate it.

Maybe they should pm Dflip and see if they can come help swing a spade. Just so they can hear first hand the frustration of dealing with government departments, even those interested in doing something for the people they serve!

Maybe they should pm Dflip and see if they can come help swing a spade. Just so they can hear first hand the frustration of dealing with government departments, even those interested in doing something for the people they serve!

Haha, as if they'll actually get involved in more than bitching on the hub...

Haha, as if they'll actually get involved in more than bitching on the hub...

Based on the evidence I'm inclined to agree.

That said I think it was really good of Dflip to communicate with everyone what's happening and what the plan is for the cradle route. Twelve months is a long time and he should be given a chance to complete the work then a judgment could be made on a basis of the intended use of the trail. No point in judging it as a tech trail when, from Dflip's posts, it's clearly to assist beginners and families in having a good time on the bike.

Based on the evidence I'm inclined to agree.

That said I think it was really good of Dflip to communicate with everyone what's happening and what the plan is for the cradle route. Twelve months is a long time and he should be given a chance to complete the work then a judgment could be made on a basis of the intended use of the trail. No point in judging it as a tech trail when, from Dflip's posts, it's clearly to assist beginners and families in having a good time on the bike.

Or as these haters would call them, NOOBS!

before this gets more out of hand.

the path looked something like this before:

http://mtb4her.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wilder-singletrack.jpg

it now looks more like this:

http://mountainbikegeezer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/double-track-mn-river-bottoms.jpg

as for the mad skillz, i didn't say anything about them being needed. the trolls on here did. 

seriously. i voiced an opinion and got hammered for it. 

some members here are acting like our beloved government.

someone raises a point that you don't agree with and you shut them down. this is not the first time i have seem this on the hub. in fact its alway the same members doing it.

it seriously was not technical piece that needed changing. 

before this gets more out of hand.

the path looked something like this before:

http://mtb4her.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wilder-singletrack.jpg

it now looks more like this:

http://mountainbikegeezer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/double-track-mn-river-bottoms.jpg

as for the mad skillz, i didn't say anything about them being needed. the trolls on here did. 

seriously. i voiced an opinion and got hammered for it. 

some members here are acting like our beloved government.

someone raises a point that you don't agree with and you shut them down. this is not the first time i have seem this on the hub. in fact its alway the same members doing it.

it seriously was not technical piece that needed changing. 

Dude did you even read Dflip's response. I have highlighted a few areas for you:

Re Cradle Trail :

This is a project owned and run by Government. Hero Adventure have been contracted very recently to take over the maintenance on the trails . We are VERY STRICTLY guided by a book of specifications from the client as to what we must do and how the trail must be managed and maintained. We are constantly working with the relevant people to discuss changes but at this point we are still in the very beginning of the project.

At this point we are in the middle of phase 1 which is a “clean up phase” in our specification the 1st 5 odd kms are designed for families and newbies . The trail width needs to be 1-1,2m wide with a further 0.5 low cut vegetation on either side. This section of the trail needs to be easy and doable for everyone. From there it will narrow to about 0.6 m and so on. We are currently ensuring these specifications are implemented through the entire 18km and should be done in the next few weeks. Together with this we will be spraying and doing a few other things to ensure the growth and potential dangerous obstacles on this trail are managed. it must be noted that the rains have not yet hit us and there will be a natural narrowing of the trail and this will then ensure that all sharp dangerous rocks and so on have been removed once this happens .

Once this phase is done we will then move on to remoulding some of the sections of the trail and making some changes that include flow sections, Berms, camber changes and so on .

i give up.

No, you were proven wrong by the facts presented by the trail builders.

Dont feel bad though. The people here had two choices.

Side with an ungrateful moany MTBer or side with a guy who builds pretty cool trails that we can take our friends and kids on for no extra cost, as best he can to makes MOST people happy.

Easy choice.... you were never going to win :thumbup:

Nice people support nice people, and fortunately most cyclists are nice people.

so you follow rules. good for you. so did the german soldiers in 1944 but hey who's judging.

so you follow rules. good for you. so did the german soldiers in 1944 but hey who's judging.

And now this is a PROPER internet forum topic....now that the Nazi's have been brought up.

Yay Godwin's Law get proven right again.

Now we might as well resort to name calling.

all i am saying: 107 posts within a few days.

seems a lot of people care about this trail.

i'd like it to remain the same, you'd like it to become easier.

maybe it should become easier.

anyone care to create a pole?

Title it "should the cradle route be made technically easier"

@patchelicious and co. - you are clearly fighting for it to be easier.

how often do you ride the trail a month?

do you find it to technically challenging?

the old trail rated out of 10. 1 being riding on a tarred rode and 10 being Nation XCO level track. how difficult was the trail before the alterations according to you?

and how difficult is the trail after?

on this note, if it was easy before and they felt the need to change it, is this not misappropriation of funds? there is a far more gnarly bit further up the rode that poses a far bigger threat to new MTBers health and safety.

i think we could learn a lot from a pole. rather than going on what a book tells us to do.

further to this:

who wrote the rule book? does the person mountain bike?

just because i write something in a book doesn't automatically make it right. you seem to want to defend the rule book without knowing anything about it?

please @patchelicious, fill me in on the above. i want to know if your argument has solid backing.

Archived