Kittel

Coquard

Groenewegen

Sagan

Kristoff

Going to say Gorilla but lets see.

Lol

I tdf hubby.. Greipel ftw tomorrow..

Let's see.. the 200m incline at the end is nothing Greipel can't handle.

Of course a Sagan double would be great.. [emoji6]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“.... Nobody cares. It’s as if they lost their brains. I don’t know what has happened. There are stupid crashes in the group. Before there was respect; when some did something, they threw bottles at him or beat him with a pump but cycling has lost this...”

Sagan, reflecting on the risks taken within the peloton

And one last one.. small celebration, good to see Contador smiling at least.. sure there is a lot of pain though

6c905465e5128be15c7eb576ae06aaf4.jpg

"I can’t be downbeat but my morale is not intact."

AC

Fixed

Schleck's misfortune occurred just after he had launched what he obviously hoped would be the attack to increase his 31sec lead over Contador by a significant margin, thus weatherproofing him against his expected losses in Saturday's time trial. The chain came off when Contador was about 20m behind, and the Spaniard's claim that he was unaware that anything was wrong with Schleck did not have the ring of truth, not least because in the process he also overtook his own team-mate, Alexandre Vinokourov, who certainly knew what was happening.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2010/jul/20/albert-contador-tour-de-france

I must say I feel for RP. Nearly 2 mins down after 2 days.

Really bad luck for him, and I don't see he has any way of marking the big boys now. Unless they all have some really bad luck of course.

I must say I feel for RP. Nearly 2 mins down after 2 days.

Really bad luck for him, and I don't see he has any way of marking the big boys now. Unless they all have some really bad luck of course.

His TdF might actually be over before it's even started. Two minutes is a huge gap and I don't see him reeling that in before the first high mountain stages. He has to hope that there's another shake up before then otherwise he'll too much to do in the two ITT's and the climbing stages.

Realistically his TdF is now about getting a top 10 finish.

Edit: I see that stage 5 is perfectly set up for RP to regain lost ground, the wait will be to see if he has the tactical know how to actually do so.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Yip.. watch him at Roubaix.

RVV as well hey Gen. Liked what I saw from him today. Has an appetite for hard work which generally breeds opportunities for wins. Today he missed out because of his day long break. He definitely has the raw goods for a great classics rider a la Tommeke or Spartacus.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

We will see if Contador can come back and if Porte can get some time back. At the moment it looks like a Froome Quintana showdown is looming. Much can still happen.

Great stage, got to feel for Jasper.

Cmc1cYfUsAAYl1t.jpg

Roman Kreuziger- Destroying young German hopes in 4 kms!

That was one serious pull he did.

“.... Nobody cares. It’s as if they lost their brains. I don’t know what has happened. There are stupid crashes in the group. Before there was respect; when some did something, they threw bottles at him or beat him with a pump but cycling has lost this...

Sagan, reflecting on the risks taken within the peloton

Did not know they now carry pumps along with them. 

Is it to pump their own wheels when they get flats, or for the sole purpose of beating delinquents? :whistling:  :ph34r:

edit: They used to carry pumps in yesteryears, but Sagan is too young to have been part of that. 

Roman Kreuziger- Destroying young German hopes in 4 kms!

That was one serious pull he did.

100% - it was a hugely important effort by him there, really earned his salary yesterday.

Archived