And Movistart bitchin how unsafe the route was yesterday ... only because they slipped up. Joining Etix as wingers of the tour so far...

Adverse conditions brings out the real champs.

Ja I see now that Tony MARTIN and Greipel aren't happy lol.. funny thing had any of those teams gotten the win the story would've been different. It wouldn't have been too dangerous but it would've been tough lol

In all fairness though. It was a hectic stage.. just looking at the gopro footage it is clear to see.. crashes all over the place.. half not even picked up by TV crew.

I would love to see more footage from Bodnar's gopro, he had one under his saddle.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely.. he is definitely not waiting for certain things before making his move.. seizing every opportunity.

Now I am not sure if he is a little concerned about Nairo in the mtns that he is taking this approach.. but hell it is entertaining to watch.

I think Froome has concidered Quantana as his biggest threat from the start of the TDF.  And movistar was preparing for a duel in the mountains.  With Contador and Porte having bad luck in the first week, it gave Sky the advantage to only worry about Movistar.  Surprise attacking to gain seconds and unsettling Movistar is becomming very effective.

I personally get the idea as if Movistar was banking on Ventoux to attack Froome big time and take a demanding position to defend over the rest of the mountain stages.  Now already over 30 seconds down and having to suffer a blow that todays stage is shortened leaves Movistar with nothing more than sour grapes.

Froome actually only have to mark Quantana today and stay on his wheel.  Let him do all the work.  Froome should be putting more time into him with the time trials.  Should Quantana have a bad day and Froome can benefit from it I think that Froome can bag the TDF2016 today.

Ja I see now that Tony MARTIN and Greipel aren't happy lol.. funny thing had any of those teams gotten the win the story would've been different. It wouldn't have been too dangerous but it would've been tough lol

In all fairness though. It was a hectic stage.. just looking at the gopro footage it is clear to see.. crashes all over the place.. half not even picked up by TV crew.

I would love to see more footage from Bodnar's gopro, he had one under his saddle.

Time for some training camps in the South easter for these guys.

I am suddenly very excited about watching Sagan on a Mountain bike in Rio.

LOL

Rumour has it that he will be doing the xco event in Boston as prep for Rio and also hoping to score some more points for a better start position.  

Anything Sagan enters has the potential to be damn entertaining...

Time for some training camps in the South easter for these guys.

it's not so much the wind... it's the narrow roads, and the stress in the general peloton that adds to the danger.. Greipel and Martin know all about wind.. 

It was a really tough day out there, riders would've been very tired hence the frustration.

Whether one likes Froome or not, he certainly has made for an interesting few stage finishes. Yesterday he saw an opportunity and took it, and succeeded - and that's as the guy with the Maillot Jaune - good, old-school type of racing.

Whether that comes back to haunt him in the 3rd week, time will tell, as will Quintana's decision to suck wheel and not attempt anything (yet). 

At the end of the Tour, we'll look back and "judge" their performance(s). So far, this Tour has been better than I had hoped for - although the lack of attacks in the mountains IS disappointing. But we're only just passed the halfway point. Mont Ventoux today, the ITT tomorrow and some more big mountains to come.

Personally, I prefer not to put them (sporting heroes) up on a pedestal only to be disappointed when they come crashing down due to some illegal methods. Except Louis - he's a local and has plenty talent, and I'll support him for as long as I can.

edit: spelling

I must say, seeing where Froome is performing tells me one thing, he trained for one hell of a TT, knowing that even if NQ can put out a proper TT, he can still take about a minute out of him. On the flat stages you can see that CF has the speed in his legs. His climbing is paying for that, but unlike last year, he just has to be able to stick to NQs attacks.

I would say, if CF gets to the climb today and the rest of the guys expect him to set pace, then set it as comfortable for himself as he can. If anyone else attacks, just follow and sit in, no need to be aggressive today f you can win a minute tomorrow.

Ideally, if anyone but NQ attacked, I would think that CF would give them rope and see if NQ is focusing on winning the Tour or wnng Sky.

Those whom hate Froome after this TDF will never like him . At least they won't be able to use the "Skyborg" "Boring" "Predictable" slants anymore. 

He has made this years TDF so much more interesting to watch compared to the normal script. I am diggin it. 

you took the words out of my mouth.  This has been the most exciting TDF in a while.  Just a pitty that AC crashed out

EDIT:

GO MEINCHEESE!!!

I must say, seeing where Froome is performing tells me one thing, he trained for one hell of a TT, knowing that even if NQ can put out a proper TT, he can still take about a minute out of him. On the flat stages you can see that CF has the speed in his legs. His climbing is paying for that, but unlike last year, he just has to be able to stick to NQs attacks.

I would say, if CF gets to the climb today and the rest of the guys expect him to set pace, then set it as comfortable for himself as he can. If anyone else attacks, just follow and sit in, no need to be aggressive today f you can win a minute tomorrow.

Ideally, if anyone but NQ attacked, I would think that CF would give them rope and see if NQ is focusing on winning the Tour or wnng Sky.

with the wind prediction today.. the fireworks may just happen before they even get to the mtn.

Bare in mind.. it is Bastille day today... so expect the Frenchies to go balls to the wall to get some camera time and perhaps some glory.

Agree, all tho I would not say NQ deserves zero respect, he could have lost more time yesterday.

You would think they would keep a closer eye on Froome... Is that a sign of confidence perhaps?

Thank you Sky and Mr Froome for the new tactics, no more robotics...

I agree. Movistar are lucky that the sprinters teams thought that they had a shot at catching those 4 because they certainly cannot catch anything at the moment. They have brought the wrong team to the tour to support a yellow jersey. Fast asleep in the closing km's with NQ all on his own. It amazes me that so much money is put into the teams and so little thought goes into the game plan.

1. Movistar, banking on Froome cracking on one climb, what kind of plan is that?

2. BMC with two leaders, both have been found wanting, yes Porte had bad luck but no support from a team member to swop a bike.

3. Astana, well the boss was never a team player and neither are the team members.

4. Etixx, Dan says he is not in it to win? Great game plan.

I feel for the Maincheese, crap team, but he was probably aware that DDD were never going for a high place in the overall so went to Lampre who clearly are unable or unwilling to help him. He looked vulnerable from a long way out yesterday and lost time. Hardly ever has a team mate with him.

The one thing that stands out for me is just how organised Sky are as a complete team when compared with the rest. Dimension Data are probably the 2nd best organised team with a clear game plan and the riders who can deliver on that plan. And this is a new team when compared to the others. Well done Sky, well done Doug Rider and his team.

The Tour organisers must be loving the new tactics of Froome, and Sagan has injected new life into the sport of cycling, he really is a superstar.

I agree. Movistar are lucky that the sprinters teams thought that they had a shot at catching those 4 because they certainly cannot catch anything at the moment. They have brought the wrong team to the tour to support a yellow jersey. Fast asleep in the closing km's with NQ all on his own. It amazes me that so much money is put into the teams and so little thought goes into the game plan.

1. Movistar, banking on Froome cracking on one climb, what kind of plan is that?

2. BMC with two leaders, both have been found wanting, yes Porte had bad luck but no support from a team member to swop a bike.

3. Astana, well the boss was never a team player and neither are the team members.

4. Etixx, Dan says he is not in it to win? Great game plan.

I feel for the Maincheese, crap team, but he was probably aware that DDD were never going for a high place in the overall so went to Lampre who clearly are unable or unwilling to help him. He looked vulnerable from a long way out yesterday and lost time. Hardly ever has a team mate with him.

The one thing that stands out for me is just how organised Sky are as a complete team when compared with the rest. Dimension Data are probably the 2nd best organised team with a clear game plan and the riders who can deliver on that plan. And this is a new team when compared to the others. Well done Sky, well done Doug Rider and his team.

The Tour organisers must be loving the new tactics of Froome, and Sagan has injected new life into the sport of cycling, he really is a superstar.

Orica are doing a Damn fine job for Yates too

Indeed they are..

If you look at Yates, he has been quite aggressive too

He had attacked the bunch when the inflatable collapsed right in front of him he had a gap on the rest - bad luck that.. and he also showed aggression the other day on that last climb. :clap:

Yes, I guess my sub conscience is ignoring them, damn Aussies, :ph34r:  and he's keeping Louis out of that jersey. They have had a good tour so far.

I agree, NQ was lucky not to have lost more. But it irks me a bit that the team did not do anything at all to chase, or protect NQ. It looked as if they were sitting in and hoping for the best. That and now the complaining afterwards.

Archived