funniest moment...besides froome doing 3.45 min/km up ventoux is him getting on the yellow spare bike that is way to small for him and wrong cleats...

I was rolling on the floor

Froome did really well to not have a sense of humor failure and gooi the thing away,

If that was me I woulda chucked it back at the mavic car... Or put it down on the ground and jump up and down on it

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Froome did really well to not have a sense of humor failure and gooi the thing away,

If that was me I woulda chucked it back at the mavic car... Or put it down on the ground and jump up and down on it

he actually handled the situation extremely well.. 

Here it comes Thor........ a true champion.

Blame it on the weather, 6km of extra people crammed onto the lower slopes.

Drinking all day doesn't help.

Even if they allowed the result to stand with Froome 1 min down he would still be in yellow once we arrive in Paris.

PS: How much time was added to Hoogerland when he flew over the fence?

drinking for days

Those guys camp out for days before the tour comes past... then the drunken morons have to move down the mountain because of the change, so you have the fans that camped in the forest part and the fans that were on the top and the organisers don't bother putting more barriers.

The friend we have that lives in France absolutely refuses to go roadside on any  of the mountain stages (after learning the hard way), he says the crowds are always out of control and it's just frustrating for him to stand and want to watch the race come past with a bunch of drunken morons.. Yet he goes to Belgium every year to watch Flanders because the fans are awesome.

He also says the best stages to go road side during Le Tour is the the TT... fans behave themselves because it is generally true Cycling fans that go, you see the riders all day

Alcohol and religion, the root of all evil on planet earth

S'true

and get another fine? maybe he's smarter than that.

I'll just leave it here ....

Refrain from throwing your bicycle in public. It shows poor upbringing.

-Jacquie Phelan

A fine of 200 Swiss Francs? Probably wouldn't have created any space in his wallet!

(As a side note, why are they paying in Swiss Francs and not Euros?)

Has the tour become too big for its own good? Have the organisers not kept up with its own growth?

A fine of 200 Swiss Francs? Probably wouldn't have created any space in his wallet!

Has the tour become too big for its own good? Have the organisers not kept up with its own growth?

UCI hand out fines and UCI is based in Switzerland..

Did anyone get Froomes 100m dash time up Ventoux?

Could be a new record for lycra clad runners wearing helmet & cleated shoes :whistling:   

Another question on the fines - why are they so low? (I'm asking in light of the 50 SF fine on Aru).

Should they not be a deterrent, instead of a "We need some cash for the tip box"?

The decision is BS...Mollema got schnaaid....

Mollema is more Julius than I thought.

He rode into the yellow jersey wearer. Then he attacked it. There's an assumption from him that just because his bike wasn't schnaaid his legs were better, that's a lottle bit flawed logic.

Wonder if he will adjust his twitter timeline and apologise?

Not the point. 2 fines in 12 stages = bad boy....unnecessary media etc.

Too big for it's own good? Maybe the Nissan Trailseeker races yes, TdF, no. 

More drunk spectators than in 1970? Maybe.

Yeah, that was not cool from BM. As a pro cyclist, you want to win for the right reasons, because you are stronger than the next guy on the bike, made a tactical break in normal racing conditions and out rode, out foxed your competitors!

Gaining time because their bikes got trashed in an outside influenced event, is just poor sportsmanship. Having the gall to post what he did after witnessing it first hand and some time to reflect on what has happened, just confirms that!

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2016/07/14/2/gettyimages_547307692_670.jpgmollema:don't worry guys, i got this one.

Did anyone get Froomes 100m dash time up Ventoux?

Could be a new record for lycra clad runners wearing helmet & cleated shoes :whistling:   

check his strava  :whistling:

Yeah, that was not cool from BM. As a pro cyclist, you want to win for the right reasons, because you are stronger than the next guy on the bike, made a tactical break in normal racing conditions and out rode, out foxed your competitors!

Gaining time because their bikes got trashed in an outside influenced event, is just poor sportsmanship. Having the gall to post what he did after witnessing it first hand and some time to reflect on what has happened, just confirms that!

the Trek Race report...

http://www.treksegafredo.com/news/tour-de-france-mollema-involved-late-freak-crash-motorbike

He clears up a lot... also I think in all the confusion he just acted .. get up and pedal.

Archived