Enduro dress code

Aicorner

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely wear a skin suit if you're 100% sure you'll absolutely smoke every baggy shod Endurou at the event.

You'll either leave everybody with lots to say, or shutting the hell up...

Pop a top tube bag with gels and tissues in on your 80mm travel hardtail too...

• Sleeveless shirt check - thousands of triathletes cannot be wrong
  • Arm warmers/UV sleeves check - ditto above, it is particularly critical to ensure exposed skin of the shoulders between said warmers and sleeveless shirt. This is for aero-ness, obviously. In fact, for the sake of efficiency, a skin-suit would be better.
  • Knee-pads check - preferably the cool ones we used to get as kids when rollerblading was the awesomest thing on earth.
  • Compression socks check - thousands of triathletes cannot be wrong, and they also tuck nicely into the bottom of the knee-pads for even moar improved aero-ness-ness. apparently they also help with recovery so you can ensure you make it to the beer tent after your last special stage.

Most importantly, if anyone has something to say about what you're wearing instead of talking smack about the run, or offering you a beer, then they are probably at the wrong event. Keep it chilled, do what you want, have fun.

Comments regarding baggies saving you and your kit from tearing are perfectly valid however, maybe baggies over a skinsuit with all of the above....

• Sleeveless shirt check - thousands of triathletes cannot be wrong
  • Arm warmers/UV sleeves check - ditto above, it is particularly critical to ensure exposed skin of the shoulders between said warmers and sleeveless shirt. This is for aero-ness, obviously. In fact, for the sake of efficiency, a skin-suit would be better.
  • Knee-pads check - preferably the cool ones we used to get as kids when rollerblading was the awesomest thing on earth.
  • Compression socks check - thousands of triathletes cannot be wrong, and they also tuck nicely into the bottom of the knee-pads for even moar improved aero-ness-ness. apparently they also help with recovery so you can ensure you make it to the beer tent after your last special stage.
Most importantly, if anyone has something to say about what you're wearing instead of talking smack about the run, or offering you a beer, then they are probably at the wrong event. Keep it chilled, do what you want, have fun.

Comments regarding baggies saving you and your kit from tearing are perfectly valid however, maybe baggies over a skinsuit with all of the above....

I did not realize that triathletes have suddenly become style icons. ............. :eek: [emoji79] [emoji13]

How do enduro riders feel about sleeveless shirts?

So hot right now if it's a nice lumberjack check or wood cabin plaid to match your artisanal pale ale and serial killer, log cabin beard... ;)

So hot right now if it's a nice lumberjack check or wood cabin plaid to match your artisanal pale ale and serial killer, log cabin beard... ;)

dude, this is not the #hipster thread

Don't stress too much ... there are styles and trends that identify with the different types of riding. The moment someone starts mentioning 'dress code' tell them to **** off, and follow that up with sheep sounds.

What are you lot on about?

This enduro thing, is it similar to #Enduro ??

I think it's a different thing, I spoke to some one who's brothers, best mates sisters uncle is big in to it from like way back in '12 and apparently it's very weather dependant... 

In winter it's approached like this:

post-15825-0-87259500-1445893124_thumb.jpg

And in the summer it's a bit more free flowing. 

post-15825-0-55723000-1445893135_thumb.jpg

Different beast altogether. 

Guest notmyname

I think it's a different thing, I spoke to some one who's brothers, best mates sisters uncle is big in to it from like way back in '12 and apparently it's very weather dependant...

winter.jpg

summer.jpg

I see they dramatically reduce the travel of the fork for the summer events. Is there any indication as to why?

attachicon.gifwinter.jpg

attachicon.gifsummer.jpg

My eyeballs hurt :/ 

I see they dramatically reduce the travel of the fork for the summer events. Is there any indication as to why?

Something to do with heat and friction, it can cause a seizure. Much like a date I had once, different kind of seizure though. 

Guest notmyname

Something to do with heat and friction, it can cause a seizure. Much like a date I had once, different kind of seizure though.

Lube....

I'm no expert but I've heard that it's to do with something about being 'air-o' (?) and also winter has mud. I think you need extra travel if you're plowing through the brown because you can't wear a cape in winter to help.

Archived