New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Hey Folks.

New business is finally up and running..

www.fitwise.co.nz

https://www.facebook.com/FitwiseNZ/

Finally doing something i am passionate about.

Lets hope for good things.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Will you be offering your clients free bras once they lose their boops?

Good luck and all the best!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After you've told them how fat they are, you probably are going to send them running!!!

As a note.

Never EVER tell a woman she has "extra reserves"

You will not outlive the hate.

Personal experience

will it work on massive samoans?

Lets start with 'closer to home'....the Maori's.

Actually I am quite interested to see my own data at this moment...or maybe I shouldn't be! -_-

Lets start with 'closer to home'....the Maori's.

Actually I am quite interested to see my own data at this moment...or maybe I shouldn't be! -_-

you know where I live.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to ride at the Christchurch Adventure Park this past weekend and I must say that it was amazing!

It's still in recovery from the devastating fire last year February. Much of what used to be forest is now open and exposed.

There are over a dozen trails current operating, with some routes down spanning over 7km.

Trail styles vary too, from wide, flowy bermed rims (similar to Panoramic in Chatel) to tighter more tech, rocky forested descents (similar to cloud 9 at Cascades).

Park entry and trail usage is free... If you want to pedal up. But the hills here are killer, so lift passes are the best bet. They're not cheap though. I got a day pass (unlimited runs) for $80, and managed 9 runs over 6hrs (including a lunch break).

On average it was about 30min from bottom to top and down again. Taking things at a moderate pace and stopping periodically on the descents due to acute cases of "the claw" (painful cramps in one's hand caused by braking bumps and rough terrain).

Facilities at the park are top notch. Great cafe with a pretty cool bike shop.

I highly recommend to anyone visiting Christchurch, with or without their bike.

Anyone ever had to write it IELTS english test?

Yes. Did it in JHB before heading over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the Pearson Academic one. Was really easy, and that coming from a boertjie. Spelling without autocorrect and spell check.....that is another story.[emoji6]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

After you've told them how fat they are, you probably are going to send them running!!!

I know exactly how fat I am, @intern told me last time I saw him...

Anyone ever had to write it IELTS english test?

I'm guessing this is not for you as you have W2R so no English competency tests are required.

Is this for the primary applicant or a partner? Often a partner requires a lower score. Do you know what score is required?

A couple of years ago I was supposed to write my IELTS,but due to their "system being down" (a South African epidemic) on the day of the test , I ended up making a last minute booking for my CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) exam.

I won't lie and say it was a cake walk. There was a lot of ambiguity in the questions.

That said, I was writing for a C2 level score on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference), which is the highest category.

http://www.chelseaenglish.com/en/images/cambridge-english-scale.jpgAs you can see above, Grade 11 & 12 English as a first language are at a C1 level. Most visas will require B2 level. NZ for instance requires an IELTS score of 6.5, so that puts it just below a C1 and at about grade 10 level. Shouldn't be too hard!

Heck, if I can get an 95% on C2 just by reading the questions carefully and using my most delicious English, then just about anyone who can hold a fluent conversation in English should be able to get a B2 (6.5).

Hope that helps!

I'm guessing this is not for you as you have W2R so no English competency tests are required.

Is this for the primary applicant or a partner? Often a partner requires a lower score. Do you know what score is required?

A couple of years ago I was supposed to write my IELTS,but due to their "system being down" (a South African epidemic) on the day of the test , I ended up making a last minute booking for my CAE (Cambridge Advanced English) exam.

I won't lie and say it was a cake walk. There was a lot of ambiguity in the questions.

That said, I was writing for a C2 level score on the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference), which is the highest category.

http://www.chelseaenglish.com/en/images/cambridge-english-scale.jpgAs you can see above, Grade 11 & 12 English as a first language are at a C1 level. Most visas will require B2 level. NZ for instance requires an IELTS score of 6.5, so that puts it just below a C1 and at about grade 10 level. Shouldn't be too hard!

Heck, if I can get an 95% on C2 just by reading the questions carefully and using my most delicious English, then just about anyone who can hold a fluent conversation in English should be able to get a B2 (6.5).

Hope that helps!

Correct, I don't need it for residency application, and luckily my partner is a PR already (hence the reason why we can register the little one as a NZ citizen at birth), but I will need it to do my LAT (Limited Authority to Teach) registration. They unfortunately only accept 4 tests, the Parsons isn't one of them. To register at the education council one needs to get a 7 in each section of the IELTS test (not as an overall). This seems like a big mountain to climb, as my sister wrote a couple of weekends ago and got 7.5 overall, but on 2 separate sections got 6.5 so she cant submit her education registration yet (although she already has a job offer).

It is overall such a long process too (just to write the test), because you have to complete registration at least a week before the test date, then after the test date they take 2 weeks to give the results, so the quickest turn around time just to know if you passed is 3 weeks. That's longer than her Registration at the council will take and probably longer than her work visa too.

My wife had to do the academic IELTS for nursing registration, also requiring 7 or higher in every section. 

She passed well with average above 7, but 6.5 for the writing - so she has to do it all again. Looks like the academic writing is quite difficult.

Correct, I don't need it for residency application, and luckily my partner is a PR already (hence the reason why we can register the little one as a NZ citizen at birth), but I will need it to do my LAT (Limited Authority to Teach) registration. They unfortunately only accept 4 tests, the Parsons isn't one of them. To register at the education council one needs to get a 7 in each section of the IELTS test (not as an overall). This seems like a big mountain to climb, as my sister wrote a couple of weekends ago and got 7.5 overall, but on 2 separate sections got 6.5 so she cant submit her education registration yet (although she already has a job offer).

It is overall such a long process too (just to write the test), because you have to complete registration at least a week before the test date, then after the test date they take 2 weeks to give the results, so the quickest turn around time just to know if you passed is 3 weeks. That's longer than her Registration at the council will take and probably longer than her work visa too.

I found that like most 'tests' in order to nail the higher bands it generally comes down to exam technique. A friend pointed me to a great website run by an English teacher who also used to be an IELTS examiner. She teaches you about the techniques to use in all four areas of the IELTS exam. It certainly helped me - I managed to get an overall band score of 8.5 (minimum of 8 in writing which imo is the most difficult part of the exam).

Check out ieltsliz.com She also has a great YouTube channel, which is what I mostly used, you can find the link on her web page.