Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Some of those races are during Jan. If the team only starts in Feb, how are they planning on refunding the 50%?

Great question regarding what seems to be an extremely unorganised scheme from Discovery.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got this yesterday:

Thank you for your email.

We are in the process of finalising the Team Vitality race calendar. This will be added to the Team Vitality page on the Discovery website when we launch registrations in late January 2015.

You will receive cash backs for events you have already registered for, provided that:

·         It is on the Team Vitality race calendar

·         The race is completed

·         You have not reached the quarterly spend limit of R3 000

·         You race in your Team Vitality shirt

The cash back is calculated at 50% of the pre-race day fee, regardless of your Vitality status.

The reason for the cash back being “up to 50%”, is that the total combined qualifying spend at these events is limited to R3 000 per quarter, and R12 000 per year.

This is subject to change, and will be confirmed when Team Vitality is launched in late January 2015.

We have noted your details and will keep you updated.

We trust that this assists you and we are excited with the possibility of having you part of Team Vitality.

Regards,

Team Vitality

<script language='javascript'> </script>

got this yesterday:

Thank you for your email.

We are in the process of finalising the Team Vitality race calendar. This will be added to the Team Vitality page on the Discovery website when we launch registrations in late January 2015.

You will receive cash backs for events you have already registered for, provided that:

The cash back is calculated at 50% of the pre-race day fee, regardless of your Vitality status.

The reason for the cash back being “up to 50%”, is that the total combined qualifying spend at these events is limited to R3 000 per quarter, and R12 000 per year.

This is subject to change, and will be confirmed when Team Vitality is launched in late January 2015.

We have noted your details and will keep you updated.

We trust that this assists you and we are excited with the possibility of having you part of Team Vitality.

Regards,

Team Vitality

Thanks,

I am rather surprised with the total lack of organization in terms of this, surely all things should be finalized before you market this?

I Phoned them, they are still structuring the whole thing

"will be up somewhere in February"

Some of those races are during Jan. If the team only starts in Feb, how are they planning on refunding the 50%?

You wont get a refund.  Asked them the same question, cause IronMan 70.3 is at the end of Jan as well as a few other races.  One of the t'c & c's is that you need to wear the vitality kit to be eligible for the cash back.  With registration only opening end of January, you will only get your shirt mid February.  Waiting for a reply from them on more questions.

Thanks,

I am rather surprised with the total lack of organization in terms of this, surely all things should be finalized before you market this?

Seems like they are sending out a standard response, and not really answering the questions that are being asked.  Our running club and cycling club licences are up for renewal.  But now we are waiting for Discovery to finalise.  Not very organised which is a pity.

Just hope that we will still be able to qualify for the points on the events if you dont belong to the vitality team

You wont get a refund.  Asked them the same question, cause IronMan 70.3 is at the end of Jan as well as a few other races.  One of the t'c & c's is that you need to wear the vitality kit to be eligible for the cash back.  With registration only opening end of January, you will only get your shirt mid February.  Waiting for a reply from them on more questions.

I doubt that highly. There is no way to ensure that people who do the races will be in the team vitality kit, and in some cases you will be riding / running / racing for a team in which case you are not able to wear another kit apart from the one you are sponsored with.

Who told you that, btw? If it was a call centre agent, they were probably misinformed or trying to get you to wear the kit.

The reason I highly doubt it is that I'm on good footing with the WC region head of DH marketing on the Group side (the guy that does all the training for brokers and broker consultants in the W/C) and and he hasn't listed that as a requirement - just proof of entry and proof of finishing, which they will also be able to get through the affiliated timing companies...

So - what I'm saying is that that little "condition" has VERY little likelihood of actually being true.

Seems like they are sending out a standard response, and not really answering the questions that are being asked.  Our running club and cycling club licences are up for renewal.  But now we are waiting for Discovery to finalise.  Not very organised which is a pity.

Just hope that we will still be able to qualify for the points on the events if you dont belong to the vitality team

Jip, renewals are under way, might just have to sit out on the Vitality option this year to feel out if its working or not

I doubt that highly. There is no way to ensure that people who do the races will be in the team vitality kit, and in some cases you will be riding / running / racing for a team in which case you are not able to wear another kit apart from the one you are sponsored with.

Who told you that, btw? If it was a call centre agent, they were probably misinformed or trying to get you to wear the kit.

The reason I highly doubt it is that I'm on good footing with the WC region head of DH marketing on the Group side (the guy that does all the training for brokers and broker consultants in the W/C) and and he hasn't listed that as a requirement - just proof of entry and proof of finishing, which they will also be able to get through the affiliated timing companies...

So - what I'm saying is that that little "condition" has VERY little likelihood of actually being true.

This is based on email feedback that i received from them...  see extract below.  It is therefore something that i received from them in writing and not something that was misinterprested via a phone call.

Some more questions from me directed to team vitality

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for all the question.  Just trying to finalise our existing club memberships and licence fees.

One of the “T’s & C’s” mentioned becomes very difficult....

You race in your Team Vitality shirt

How will this be enforced and validated?  This also means that we will not qualify for events until such time that the shirts have been distributed.  That in effect means that all events in January and potentially February will no longer be eligible.      

after posing the questions I received a response that they will egt back to me.....but all details will be made public with the launch at the end of January.

This is based on email feedback that i received from them...  see extract below.  It is therefore something that i received from them in writing and not something that was misinterprested via a phone call.

Some more questions from me directed to team vitality

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for all the question.  Just trying to finalise our existing club memberships and licence fees.

One of the “T’s & C’s” mentioned becomes very difficult....

You race in your Team Vitality shirt

How will this be enforced and validated?  This also means that we will not qualify for events until such time that the shirts have been distributed.  That in effect means that all events in January and potentially February will no longer be eligible.      

after posing the questions I received a response that they will egt back to me.....but all details will be made public with the launch at the end of January.

that is interesting indeed, and it seems to have been added post-launch, 'cos that wasn't there in the original marketing or training material, nor in the interactions that I've had with my people...

It's utterly unenforceable...

that is interesting indeed, and it seems to have been added post-launch, 'cos that wasn't there in the original marketing or training material, nor in the interactions that I've had with my people...

It's utterly unenforceable...

My point exactly.  Thats is why i asked how they would enforce this....as not all races have photos that you could use as proof.  From the original list it seemed like triathlons were also part of their calendar.  People mostly use tri suits...so I wont be using their kit in those events either.

Just a pity that they launched the product and built the hype.  We are now in a situation where we need to renew....but trying to hang on to see what is happening with the launch.

It's utterly unenforceable...[/quote

Noticed that I am not the only person that received that info via email. See the post by Li Mu Bai.

It's utterly unenforceable...[/quote

Noticed that I am not the only person that received that info via email. See the post by Li Mu Bai.

Yeah. I'm not disputing that, and tbh it strikes me as very strange that they'd have included that as a condition. I'm going to go through my presentations again to see if I missed it in the training and launch material, but I doubt it's there as I would have said something about it earlier if there'd been such a stupid condition.

Could you let me know what you receive back from them when they reply to your questions? I'll see if I can wade through it on my side.