Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So what happens if you crash early in the season and trash the cycling jersey?... you have to buy another one so that you can get the discounts?

So impractical as it currently stands and sounds... 

So I will wait to see what comes out in the launch and then decide whether to take it up this year, or wait till next year till all the issues have been sorted

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too think Team Discovery was not thought out properly. Such a great idea but some questions ... and we are well into the new year :thumbdown:

I too think Team Discovery was not thought out properly. Such a great idea but some questions ... and we are well into the new year :thumbdown:

And you're forgetting that it hasn't been launched yet.

Yet another way of Discovery to get their hands on the cash of the healthy population that never claim so they have bigger profits .You will never see a Discovery ad involving an elderly person being active for their health

By the sounds of it, it seems to have changed from Team Discovery to Club Discovery with having to wear the shirt to get the benefits etc.... Rather than being an add on benefit for being a Discovery member

So, if I'm doing stage races, do I get three, four, five, six, seven Discovery jerseys or doI have to wear the same one for several days??!!

Edited by BBN

So, if I'm doing stage races, do I get three, four, five, six, seven Discovery jerseys or doI have to wear the same one for several days??!!

If you have just one shirt, like they mention, then you must wear it like a normal shirt on day 1, inside-out on day 2, and no shirt on day 3.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

N.B. based on the how to wear your jocks when you only have a pair left, when away from home.

Where did you see stage races on their list of events?

So just got an email from Discovery: Team Vitality starts beginning Feb- first race is The Herald...

the events list looks half the size though... doesn't look very interesting anymore with some big ones not included:

Ie, IM 70.3, 5150 Bela bela/Ekhuruleni, Lost City, Tour Durban....

Edited by WezGK

Haha this is a joke!

They have removed the majority of the events that they were promising.

You're going to struggle to even earn your R900 back.

Over promising and under delivering

Edit: spelling

Edited by Schnavel

Have to agree.

2 cycling races for the year in gauteng, 3 including satellite.  You wont even get your team fees back, let alone the max spend of R12000 that they brag about.

No triathlon events.

Such a huge let down after the initial hype.  Thanks but no thanks.

Will stay with my existing clubs....and at least have the opportunity to cycle, run with a group.

Agree it's a joke now and not worth taking up, most of the cycle races have disappeared... So you really paying for a kit and some vouchers you may or may not use...

Also just got the mail... Rather disappointing!

Have to agree this is rather disappointing. 2 races that I was planning to do.

But for cycling it includes you CSA license which is R140, shirt that is maybe R200 and some vouchers.

Also found this in their FQA doc if it was still up in the air and someone is not sure.

If you activated your Team Vitality benefit for cycling, this will include your cycling
license. We will apply for a license on your behalf. Cyclists must have a license if they
want to participate in races. We will apply for the standard CSA license, as well as your
provincial levy, not an elite or age group license. If you want to upgrade your license,
you can do this on the CSA website. If you already belong to a club, you do not have to
resign from this club. Once we have received your CSA license number you will receive
all the necessary details via email. You can then print your license from the CSA website,
after which you are exclusively part of Team Vitality. You must wear your Team Vitality
colours when you participate in races. Sponsored riders are allowed to race in
sponsored kit.