Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am accidently in the market for a club, emailed Club 100 and apparently the deal between Club 100 and Team Vitality was teminated. They are now two seperate clubs.

Just thought I would mention it.

I hadn't heard this - did a bunch of rides with club 100 a few months back and 80% of the guys had migrated to vitality kit etc...

As for value - for me definitely - definitely paid for the membership fees by now - and more to come - will get 50% bak on this weekend duathlon, 50% on 94.7 entry etc.  Plus have enjoyed their hospitality at a number of races I've done this year.

Team vitality are now setting up ride captains to get its members together. Called them last week and they were holding first aid training for ride captains. Looks promising for next year.

Is there any way to track the cash back? I'm 90% certain I got more back than the R600 paid to join Team Vitality

Here is what it says on the discovery website

You can earn up to 50% cash back on the pre-race registration fees up to a maximum spend of R3 000 each quarter, and up to R12 000 in a calendar year. This means you can earn up to R1 500 cash back (50% of R3 000) in a quarter, and up to R6 000 a year. To qualify for cash backs on race registration fees, please take note of the following:

The event must be one of the selected, timed events on the Team Vitality race calendar that qualifies for either a 25% cash back or a 50% cash back.

You must have completed the event.

You must be a Team Vitality member at the time the cash back is awarded.

You will get up to either 25% or 50% cash back on the pre-race registration fee only (the cash back does not apply to the additional fee if you register late or to T-shirts, promotional items, donations, temp licenses, etc.).

Visit ‘Claim points for outdoor sporting events’ on our website.

Choose the event and fill in your race number, finishing time and other details.

Follow the instructions to claim your points for the race.

Cash back will be awarded after you complete the online form and we can verify that you have completed the event.

The partnership was terminated in August 2015, probably why you have not heard. I will be joining club 100 and i only have to pay them to join.

I hadn't heard this - did a bunch of rides with club 100 a few months back and 80% of the guys had migrated to vitality kit etc...

As for value - for me definitely - definitely paid for the membership fees by now - and more to come - will get 50% bak on this weekend duathlon, 50% on 94.7 entry etc. Plus have enjoyed their hospitality at a number of races I've done this year.

Looks like the calender is filling up now! Stellenbosch Cycle Tour, DC, CWC Durbie Dash, Heals on wheels all on the calender for races coming up. Obviously you wont be able to claim cash back for these as most will have already entered, but it certainly seems like there's enough races to claim back the activation costs in entry fees, get a decent ftech shirt and at some events enjoy some post race hospitality! 

I'll be joining shortly and see how it goes into the new year...

Looks like the calender is filling up now! Stellenbosch Cycle Tour, DC, CWC Durbie Dash, Heals on wheels all on the calender for races coming up. Obviously you wont be able to claim cash back for these as most will have already entered, but it certainly seems like there's enough races to claim back the activation costs in entry fees, get a decent ftech shirt and at some events enjoy some post race hospitality! 

I'll be joining shortly and see how it goes into the new year...

Will consider it in Jan 2016. We have entered in all of those events already...

Not keen on the shirt.

Edited by Pure Savage

You only get cash back on the events they mark as eligible. So far as I can see its only

94.7 MTB Challenge

94.7 Cycle Tour Challenge

Nissan trail seeker #5 Diamond Rush

Stellenbosch Cycle Tour

You can claim points against the other listed events nce you have completed them but only cash back on those listed as cash back at 25% or 50%

that's how I understand it...which may be flawed

Edited by raptor-22

Will consider it in Jan 2016. I have entered in all of those events already...

Not keen on the shirt.

How did you get an entry for "Heels on wheels"...?  :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Yeah, I'll be joining now, so that I can claim entries back for 99er and the rest of the Jan and Feb races in the run up to the August, errr CTCT!

Rephrase.... I'll be joining in the new year. Gotta read all the print ekse... No point in joining now, so that I have to pay again in Jan!

From their Guidelines PDF:

You will have access to this benefit until the end of the calendar year in which you joined. You will have to activate the benefit at the beginning of each calendar year if you want to remain part of the Team Vitality movement. The benefit will end if your Discovery Vitality membership is no longer active.

The partnership was terminated in August 2015, probably why you have not heard. I will be joining club 100 and i only have to pay them to join.

Yep did a little research and gather Club100 wanted a sponsorship (so wanted to keep their Club100 identity), and Vitality wanted a takeover...  Fair enough for both parties, but pity from my point of view as the club100 rides are really convenient for me...  Will be interesting to see what they set up in terms of group rides...