Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

grrrrrr... I need to do that. 

I've already messaged them regarding the reliability of the linkages. They know it's happening, and the app IS stil in it's infancy, but still... 

I have also found it to be temperamental with the workouts coming through. Week before last they would appear in the app within minutes of syncing my Polar, last week it was taking a few days after syncing. Got there eventually, but it seems weird!  

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also found it to be temperamental with the workouts coming through. Week before last they would appear in the app within minutes of syncing my Polar, last week it was taking a few days after syncing. Got there eventually, but it seems weird!  

And it should be so simple... A request to the linked app / site to provide data on a daily  weekly basis...  

Mine hasn't missed a beat. I only sync my Garmin and never had to de-link and re-link. 

maybe that was the problem. Too many apps. I've now removed strava and linked my garmin connect account. Let's hope... 

And it should be so simple... A request to the linked app / site to provide data on a daily  weekly basis...  

My wife did a health check up which we had to pay for, did everything but the HIV test did not load. Happened twice, try getting that fixed... impossible.

I got a free smoothie at Kaui, only problem is i need 1500 points a week to reach my goal and cycling gets zero points and gym 150 per event per day, and only 7 days in a week. 

Your goal is 1500 points a week?

Mine is 600 points, which I reach with 3 rides per week.

(if Vitality and Garmin talk properly to each other...)

Your goal is 1500 points a week?

Mine is 600 points, which I reach with 3 rides per week.

(if Vitality and Garmin talk properly to each other...)

After hitting some limit, I now get 50 points a ride...

Looking at ride I did on Friday I got 400 points for a 1:30 MTB ride. 

30 mins or more with min of 150kcal - 150 points 

30 mins or more with min of 300kcal - 50 points

30 mins or more at 60%-70% of HR target - 150 points

60 mins or more 60% or above target HR - 50 points

On Points

There is a lot of inconsistencies between different watches. I've noticed for example that on a Fenix watch you get your 150 + 50 "normal" points for HR-based targets, and then an additional 200 points or something based on your average speed.

On my Suunto I only get HR points and nothing based on kcal or speed. I guess there is still a lot of stuff to sort out.

On lost workouts / syncing issues

I had an issue where only 25% of my workouts were logged. Turns out that the MapMyFitness auto-migration (Discovery links to Garmin, Polar, Suunto etc. indirectly via MapMyFitness) did not properly link to my watch. So I had to log into my auto-created MMF account from where I had to re-link my Suunto account before it logged everything 100%.

I'm sure I read somewhere on my entry to the Discovery Duathlon that I was going to get 50% back from that entry fee......

You've hit your annual fitness point limit. You're just getting bonus points now. That will change next year, and even if you've hit your max (increasing from 15000 incl fitness assessment to 30000 ex fitness assessment) you'll continue to get points for activities on vitality awards even though they won't count towards your ACTUAL vitality points

You've hit your annual fitness point limit. You're just getting bonus points now. That will change next year, and even if you've hit your max (increasing from 15000 incl fitness assessment to 30000 ex fitness assessment) you'll continue to get points for activities on vitality awards even though they won't count towards your ACTUAL vitality points

I hope discovery are paying you :P

Looking at ride I did on Friday I got 400 points for a 1:30 MTB ride. 

30 mins or more with min of 150kcal - 150 points 

30 mins or more with min of 300kcal - 50 points

30 mins or more at 60%-70% of HR target - 150 points

60 mins or more 60% or above target HR - 50 points

What device do you use?

Edited by Pure Savage

On Points

There is a lot of inconsistencies between different watches. I've noticed for example that on a Fenix watch you get your 150 + 50 "normal" points for HR-based targets, and then an additional 200 points or something based on your average speed.

On my Suunto I only get HR points and nothing based on kcal or speed. I guess there is still a lot of stuff to sort out.

On lost workouts / syncing issues

I had an issue where only 25% of my workouts were logged. Turns out that the MapMyFitness auto-migration (Discovery links to Garmin, Polar, Suunto etc. indirectly via MapMyFitness) did not properly link to my watch. So I had to log into my auto-created MMF account from where I had to re-link my Suunto account before it logged everything 100%.

Does the syncing happen automatically or must i do it manually? mine has not synced since end of October although i have uploaded to strava and polar. Need advice. :)