Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Woke up this morning to find I left my Garmin on after the previous workout, so only 7% left.

Panic, I did not. Ideal opportunity to test the Strava app as I knew our planned route was 104km.

Got home, ended the ride and waited. Within the hour my 3000 points had been allocated under the heading "120 + mins vigorous device workout".

Considering it was only distance based without any HR activity, I'm satisfied a contingency plan is available and works.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They posted the attached on their twitter feed...  Jan looks pretty good - 3 races I'm already entered are 50% back.

attachicon.gifdhv_team_vitality_january_combo_calendar.pdf

I have entered the Fast One in January. Will Discovery automatically deposit the 50% back for the race entry in my account? Do they pick it up from the entry list or do I have to let them know that I have entered and send proof?

They do pick up our food purchases from Woolworths and refund, my wife uses a Woolworths card which is linked to Vitality.

I paid my entry fee using a Nedbank credit card.

Edited by hotshot

I have entered the Fast One in January. Will Discovery automatically deposit the 50% back for the race entry in my account? Do they pick it up from the entry list or do I have to let them know that I have entered and send proof?

They do pick up our food purchases from Woolworths and refund, my wife uses a Woolworths card which is linked to Vitality.

You will let them know by claiming your points for the race

Read the discovery website for team vitality, it tells you what to do to get you cash back. When you have finished the event and have an official time, then claim your points for the race via the website under outdoor sport events.

Right under where you joined team vitality is says... what you need to know! It is not automatic!

I got 600 points for a Crossfitt work out, with a HRM and then I got 3000 points for a 77k ride around the east rand, not 3 Hours but I will take it.

I got 600 points for a Crossfitt work out, with a HRM and then I got 3000 points for a 77k ride around the east rand, not 3 Hours but I will take it.

The 3000 is for 2h as stated on points breakdown.

yip the 3000 is for 2h+ of vigorous exercise

yip the 3000 is for 2h+ of vigorous exercise

On that note...

Can't seem to find the definition for vigorous vs moderate device workout. Saw something last week but can't find it now. Something about vigorous is at least 75% or more of max HR? :unsure:

On that note...

Can't seem to find the definition for vigorous vs moderate device workout. Saw something last week but can't find it now. Something about vigorous is at least 75% or more of max HR? :unsure:

Avg 70% of HRR for the exercise, I think. Could be wrong. 

It's also above 8kph for riding and 4kph for running, from what I've seen. That's hardy vigorous, but for most of the folks they're trying to coax into the healthy living side of things, it is...