Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So there's a problem again with Disco systems, voucher codes are not working at Kauai and has been the case since yesterday... Have 1 that expires today which means I lose out...

they'll give you another one if there's a confirmed issue

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just confirmed that the additional 25% discount only applies to single gym memberships. Idiotic. Challenging that now.

that is pretty stupid :(

yeah, it is. I've contacted them directly via FB, and asked my consultant to raise it as well. 

Keep us updated

Any idea what methodology vitality uses for heart rate zones. The reason I ask is according to most calculators, 70% of my maximum heart rate is 128bpm. A few of my rides I have averaged under that closer to 123bpm (which should be between 60% and 70%), but I have been awarded the points at > 70% rate.

I would imagine that it's based on whatever zones you've put on your device of choice, or STRAVA zones.

It could also be that the reason it's given you the higher value is because you've gone over the minimum average speed threshold, or distance threshold. They allocate points according to the "higher of" principle, so you'll get the highest allocation according to either agv HR reading, distance reading or avg speed reading. 

They don't.

The 70% number came in years ago when polar was the only way of uploading workouts and we got 100 or 150 points (depending on how many we'd done that month) for >30 minutes PLUS 50 bonus points for >45 minutes if over 70% of max.

I was worried about this on my trainer when doing intervals so did some testing. My actual max was 209 so achieving 70.1% of this average for every spin was impossible so I set an age based max of 172 on both the watch and polartraining to get the bonus points.

When I set my watch back to actual and then when I used a hack to load Garmin files from rides my Max went back to actual but it made no difference to the bonus points for >70% strenuous activity.  Plenty times an average for a session was mid 60 due to interval and recovery.

Now that we can upload activity on virtually any platform and the points system has moved from 50 bonus points to a free hot chocolate or smoothie the >70% has not changed.

It is a stated requirement but they have no way of managing it across all the platforms out so it's just time based.  I guess if you're a fat and slothful person anyone who can do over an hour exercise MUST be over 70%.

i secretly really want to scan your avatar... but I can't get myself to do it...

:blush:

Live a little.

It will only bring up my phone number.,,,,

just gave you a call it seems

But you hung up before I heard your dulcet tones. Easier than dialling a number me thinks.

Vir die van julle wat dink dis onmoontlik op op GOUD te kom dink bietjie weer---ek en my vrou is al vir 'n paar jaar op DIAMAND status en om dit te behou moet ons elke jaar op GOUD kom. Hierdie jaar is die maklikste ooit met al die baie punte wat mens kry vir aktiwiteite!!!!!

Om op GOUD te kom moet ons 90 000 punte voor die einde van 2016 kry.

Vandag is die 13de Januarie en ons staan reeds op 95 960 punte  :clap:  :w00t: