Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I rode on the 8th, 9th and the 10th. uploaded all to strava (strava linked to Disco) and only received points for the 8th and the 9th.

Also does anyone else have issues getting their rewards vouchers on an android device. It just shows empty card but when i log into wife's iphone it shows the reward.

Sorry, didn't read all 1.5k replies.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my reward on Samsung S6 and can 

I rode on the 8th, 9th and the 10th. uploaded all to strava (strava linked to Disco) and only received points for the 8th and the 9th.

Also does anyone else have issues getting their rewards vouchers on an android device. It just shows empty card but when i log into wife's iphone it shows the reward.

No issue a all, just checked for mine on a Samsung S6, and expires on the 27 Jan, although will be redeeming it tonight :)

Just checked my reward on Samsung S6 and can 

No issue a all, just checked for mine on a Samsung S6, and expires on the 27 Jan, although will be redeeming it tonight :)

thanks! anyone else on a S5?

Please help me out here. I can't seem to find the info on the website. What specific benefits does the "Gold" status provide if you only have the Discovery health?

I don't have the Credit Card as the interest is 4.6% more than my Nedbank. The cash back from the grocery is at 25% even though we are in Blue or Bronze.

Sorry if this has been answered, very new (1st Jan 2016) to Discovery and this vitality thing.

I'm way behind this year, only at 14k points at this stage and still need 76k to keep my Diamond Status.

I've also experienced problems with Discovery uploading info from Strava.

Currently I'm uploading to Garmin and MapmyFitness and no problems.

With 3000 points per ride I'm going to reach my cap in no time.

Then it will be all about the smoothie :thumbup:  

Okay - breaking it down here. Online questionnaires account for 25,000 points between 2 people, and then the screening checks are an additional 29,000 points if you're a bit overweight and 35,000 if you're in the "ideal BMI" category. That means that if you do those int he first 2 weeks, you only need another 36,000 points between 2 people, or 12 "vigorous" exercises of 2 hours or more.

Easy peasy... 

Hi Myles

I said yesterday I will give a break down of our points this morning but it is exactly what you said here in your reply. Wife did a mammogram and pap smear. Then the questionnaires. Then the screening stuff(got bonus points on everything). I am a cyclist and through Strava(i use a Garmin) my points opload on Vitality Active. Same with wife(she uses her new iphone and Suunto). This morning we are over 100 000 points because of this mornings rides.

Cheers

Piet

I'm way behind this year, only at 14k points at this stage and still need 76k to keep my Diamond Status.

I've also experienced problems with Discovery uploading info from Strava.

Currently I'm uploading to Garmin and MapmyFitness and no problems.

With 3000 points per ride I'm going to reach my cap in no time.

Then it will be all about the smoothie :thumbup:  

But isn't the allocation of points for activity capped to 30 000 ?

Guest notmyname

Jip, my ride this evening hasn't reflected on the app as of yet.

Okay, it's reflecting now. Achieved my goal with one ride. This weekend's activities are purely for points towards gold then. Sjoe, I've been a vitality member for three years and never paid attention. Seems their campaign is working.

Edited by Small Fry

Morning guys, I'm struggling to sync my mapmyfitness rides to discovery. The workouts do not sync.

Emailed Vitality already - got a reference no :clap:  :clap: :clap:  but not hopeful.

I refused to phone them - they force me to listen to that music for 12 minutes :ph34r:

Morning guys, I'm struggling to sync my mapmyfitness rides to discovery. The workouts do not sync.

Emailed Vitality already - got a reference no :clap:  :clap: :clap:  but not hopeful.

I refused to phone them - they force me to listen to that music for 12 minutes :ph34r:

Tweet them, response within 10 minutes. (Less time than listening to music)

Please help me out here. I can't seem to find the info on the website. What specific benefits does the "Gold" status provide if you only have the Discovery health?

I don't have the Credit Card as the interest is 4.6% more than my Nedbank. The cash back from the grocery is at 25% even though we are in Blue or Bronze.

Sorry if this has been answered, very new (1st Jan 2016) to Discovery and this vitality thing.

Myles will know more. and did know more *

Edited by Pure Savage

On health only, just the Vitality benefits. Vitality status doesn't affect med aid benefits, as benefits cannot be risk rated on a med aid package. It's illegal.

So the benefit for you would be:

30% saving on Kulula / BA / Quantas / Europcar vs 15% on Blue

Potential higher savings on Healthy Food & Healthy Gear purchases (through a higher points count as your max annual spend is linked to your points count) 

More discounts on magazine subs

Couple of other savings, but not as many benefits as you get as if you had a Life policy.

thanks! anyone else on a S5?

My wife and I have the S5 and can access our data.

it takes an absolute age to see the points, activities and rewards, but I don't think that is specific to our phones.

At the beginning of the year I had to disconnect and reconnect Garmin and Discovery as points weren't showing up even though it said that the device had synch'ed. Now there is no problem.

Correct, per person, excluding fitness assessments. So his other half needs to pull finger as well. 

Bloody hell, 10 rides and I'll reach the cap  :thumbdown:

Should have no cap  :clap:

I've noticed that Discovery has deleted some of my points.

I did a jog on the treadmill at the gym for 30 and they saw it as 5000 steps and gave me 50 points.

Now that the VA workout has updated, Discovery have given me the 100 points for being at gym but took away the 50 points for my treadmill activity.

If this is the case then it kind of sucks. Will have to sneak into the gym if I go do a workout on the Watt Bike.