Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Morning guys, I'm struggling to sync my mapmyfitness rides to discovery. The workouts do not sync.

Emailed Vitality already - got a reference no :clap:  :clap: :clap:  but not hopeful.

I refused to phone them - they force me to listen to that music for 12 minutes :ph34r:

I'm about to give up on this active rewards thing. I cant get to connect my strava.

send them an email and got a reply back 2 weeks later to say I must connect through Chrome. Did that but it gives me the same error.

send them another email last week- still no reply. Tried to phone them on 2 occasions- the one time I hold on for 33mins and the other for 41 mins- I kid you not.

The service that I get from Tshwane Municipality are better than theirs.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see all my points and activitys it just the actual voucher for the vida coffee that does not show anything, just a blank blue card.

What worked for me - go to phone settings, application manager, discovery - stop the app, then remove data. Open the app, log in again, go to voucher

What worked for me - go to phone settings, application manager, discovery - stop the app, then remove data. Open the app, log in again, go to voucher

you clever man!!!!!! thanks its working now!

Just got this.

image003-1452767098638.jpg

Record high Vitality engagement levels on the back of the Vitality Active Rewards launch is impacting member service levels

Good day

Discovery Vitality members have entered 2016 with great excitement and enthusiasm to get healthy and get rewarded with Vitality. This has resulted in record levels of engagement in our latest benefitsVitality Active Rewards and Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch. This has resulted in an unprecedented spike in member queries that we are working hard to address.

January typically brings high levels of member queries due to benefit changes and we planned accordingly by increasing staff capacity. However, given the record engagement in our newest benefits, member queries are higher than anticipated and as such many members are not receiving the high service levels they are accustomed to from Discovery as a result of very long call waiting times on the Discovery Vitality call centre.

To manage service levels, we are encouraging members to go to our website where we have posted detailed answers for their most common queries. We are also encouraging members to phone only if their query is urgent or complex, so we can better handle these queries.

While we have already seen an improvement, our service levels are still unacceptable in our view. Based on our continued efforts, we expect further improvement within the next week. 

Over 100 000 members engaged in Vitality Active Rewards

To date, over 100 000 Vitality members have activated and engaged with Vitality Active Rewards, which rewards members with a free coffee or smoothie for meeting their weekly fitness goal.

The results have exceeded our expectations: Vitality Active Rewards members are exercising 25% more and have earned over 300 000 KAUAI smoothies and vida e caffè coffees. As part of our year end campaign to encourage members to continue to exercise through the festive season, 11 208 teddy bears were gifted to needy children on behalf of members who met their festive season Vitality Active Rewards goals.

In addition, thousands of members have taken advantage of Vitality Active Rewards with Apple Watch, which provides them with an Apple Watch that Vitality will fund based on the member achieving their weekly Vitality Active Rewards goals.

Your clients may contact you on some of these queries. For that purpose, find the answers attached and refer to the weekly updates which we will be providing in the eDiscoverer.

I'm about to give up on this active rewards thing. I cant get to connect my strava.

send them an email and got a reply back 2 weeks later to say I must connect through Chrome. Did that but it gives me the same error.

send them another email last week- still no reply. Tried to phone them on 2 occasions- the one time I hold on for 33mins and the other for 41 mins- I kid you not.

The service that I get from Tshwane Municipality are better than theirs.

Im in the same boat with strava, it just doesnt work.

I use chrome mostly but have tried with edge and firefox and through the app. Something is wrong on their side.

Fortunately I managed to sort out the problem with my suunto uploading to mapmyfitness so my activities get logged through there now.

I've given up on MapMyFitness, it managed to get semi de-linked somehow, so now it is stuck in limbo - can't de-link, can't re-link.

Thankfully Strava works currently (touch fake wood).

I had trouble linking my wife's to her account though - had to do it through the app in the end, as the website just didn't feel like it.

I've given up on MapMyFitness, it managed to get semi de-linked somehow, so now it is stuck in limbo - can't de-link, can't re-link.

Thankfully Strava works currently (touch fake wood).

I had trouble linking my wife's to her account though - had to do it through the app in the end, as the website just didn't feel like it.

Same here - I moved to Strava.

I have workouts on MapMyfitness which I want to sync - just not getting it right :cursing:

I don't know your situation but I would advise you (and everyone else) to do a proper financial planning and get your stuff in order. After I visited the client I immediately phoned my FA so that we can meet and update my stuff.

Old management consulting saying: Are you too busy doing stuff that is urgent but not important to do the stuff that is important but not urgent?

Life insurance is one of the latter in a lot of cases.

Old management consulting saying: Are you too busy doing stuff that is urgent but not important to do the stuff that is important but not urgent?

Life insurance is one of the latter in a lot of cases.

Yeah. And one of the first to go, when times get tough. 

Can you create a garmin connect account without a garmin? I tried two days ago but was not succesful

Yes, I crated an account at connect.garmin.com a few days ago for my daughter. No device and I use https://tapiriik.com/ to sync from Strava. She's getting activity points after the syncing.

I have workouts on MapMyfitness which I want to sync - just not getting it right :cursing:

It should be possible to export them from MMF, and import on Strava?

It should be possible to export them from MMF, and import on Strava?

No need to export, just read one post up or 3 posts down #1514. It's an amazing utility.

Here is a nifty little spreadsheet, (for those who like spreadsheets :o  ) on how to get points from vitality (2016), Download and open in Excel. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6XXkAL960V9cXpvVVltOFlsWkU

Spread sheet needs some updating for the 2016 splits, there are many different levels of points for exercise with device. 

Also bionkentist does not form part of the 30000

Yes, I crated an account at connect.garmin.com a few days ago for my daughter. No device and I use https://tapiriik.com/ to sync from Strava. She's getting activity points after the syncing.

Ignore me, I was logged in and hence why I could not create an account.

Edited by Pure Savage