Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I can see the logic in this, but I thing the right thing to do was to adjust the values on renewal in 2017.

To be honest, to get your weekly rewards with 1 exercise might not be fair, comparing to the guy who is training everyday of the week.

anyway, I gave up on Vitality a while ago. I can't get my strava or Garmin or polar linked to the Discovery app. Even with the new points structure I will easily achieve the goals.

But to get somebody at Vitality or Discovery that is competent to assist is basically impossible. #vitalitymustfall

This, I agree with. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed. 

if your HR is between 70&79% you get 300. 

I ride with no HR and get 600 points per 60 min plus activity based on speed alone. And I am not fast.

This, I agree with. 

Well I think they should allow people who took the watches based on the information the opportunity to back out now that there has been such a substantial change. Seems fair to me.

I've not got a HRM.

ooooooh yes. Sorry. Stress-head. FFS. 

It really is supremely easy with an HRM. Unless, like Scott, you're running at 75% of a pretty low ma HR. 

not any more... ma you'll get on speed data is now 100. 

Still getting those points yesterday - when will the change come in?

This is crazy, looking at my last couple of activities:

209 Minutes @ 153HR = 300 points (65K)

113 Minutes @ 165HR = 600 points (Only 29K)

195 Minutes @ 150HR = 300 points (1000 meters in 60K)

61 Minutes @ 158HR = 300 Points (404VAM)

130 Minutes @ 146HR = 300 Points (23.8m/1km over a bloody mountain)

287 Minutes @ 138HR = 300 Points (Wellington to V&A Waterfront)

121 Minutes @ 143HR = 300 Points (Lazy 45K)

139 Minutes @ 155HR = 600 Points (Legs were **** so HR was high with some climbing)

OR

Just go at 80% for 30 Minutes and still get 300 Points. Does really not make sense to me.

That's one thing I don't get - why not step it more with the time durations?

30-45 = 100

46-60 = 200

61-75 = 300

76-90 = 450

91-120 = 600

121-150 = 750

151-180 = 900

180+ = 1200

This is not COOL

attachicon.gifvitality_fitness_points_table.png

For those who haven't reached max yet it will take twice as long now

Strangest one for me - I can do 30min for 300, or 90 min for 600 ... Discovery is motivating me away from longer workouts, to 30 minute ones - because the gap from 30-90 is huge, and earning points is far more effective at 30 anyway

I am all for the re-balance of the scales as it seemingly favoured cyclists, but then they need to take the rewards base points down as well. I am already on 1100 points a week goal which I achieve with ease, but come the winter months, It would be very hard to hit this week in and week out. I think their coffee and smoothie account was getting out of hand, so now they need to adjust.

I agree with the sentiment that a minor adjustment now, and another closer to the renewal window would have been the more ethical thing to do, but lets be honest, integrity and insurance are not necessarily 2 words we use in the same sentence.

30-45 = 100

46-60 = 200

61-75 = 300

76-90 = 450

91-120 = 600

121-150 = 750

151-180 = 900

180+ = 1200

This, and similar for the moderate activity.

I am all for the re-balance of the scales as it seemingly favoured cyclists, but then they need to take the rewards base points down as well. I am already on 1100 points a week goal which I achieve with ease, but come the winter months, It would be very hard to hit this week in and week out. I think their coffee and smoothie account was getting out of hand, so now they need to adjust.

I agree with the sentiment that a minor adjustment now, and another closer to the renewal window would have been the more ethical thing to do, but lets be honest, integrity and insurance are not necessarily 2 words we use in the same sentence.

Apparently the current goal levels are going to be reduced for those who are on the upper reaches. What they'll be reduced to is not yet apparent. Probably case by case, and your new target may be 600 when it was 1200 or something

30-45 = 100

46-60 = 200

61-75 = 300

76-90 = 450

91-120 = 600

121-150 = 750

151-180 = 900

180+ = 1200

Yeah exactly. I mean for goodness sake. A 100K ride nets me 300 points? That's just cruel.

Have they communicated this anywhere to their members??

it's on their website's landing page, but I got the first info here. LOL. 

It's sad that when looking for updates for Vitality Active Rewards etc, I come here. You guys collectively have a lot more contact with the call centre and have more problems than I deal with atm. I also use this as a resource to find potential glitches!