Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I have given up. Not getting any points for my garmin activities for the past month. It used to reflect within +- 5 mins. All discovery keeps on asking is screenshots of workouts that currently give me no points. Such a hassle and i still have received no points. Not sure how something that worked so well at the start of the year got broken this badly?

Have you double checked the permissions on all sides? I found in investigations for a client of mine that somehow the permissions got revoked, which meant GC & Vitality weren't talking to each other... 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have given up. Not getting any points for my garmin activities for the past month. It used to reflect within +- 5 mins. All discovery keeps on asking is screenshots of workouts that currently give me no points. Such a hassle and i still have received no points. Not sure how something that worked so well at the start of the year got broken this badly?

Try what pretty much everyone has had to do at some point, delink then relink GC to Vitality

I got 12000 points last week for my cycling. Need 1200 so I was 10 times over. Recorded on a Garmin 800 on my bike. Easy to record. Easy to upload. No problems.

But, and for me it's a big but, I spend more time than I should dealing with this stuff and planning things for it. By that I mean it now influences what devices I buy and what software I use to upload to. I spend time checking things are all working and being recorded.

I have dumped the fitness tracker and put my rather nice watch back on my wrist. I will exercise as I see fit at a heart rate and intensity that suits my current training plan.

I can easily get my 30000 fitness points and don't need crappy coffee or free smoothies to spur me on. If I want a fitness device I will buy the one I need and want not the one vitality see fit to offer me. I will set my own goals and reach them or not and I'm good with that.

Team Vitality cash back received, as advertised:

FastOne - R250 x 50%

Ride for Sight - R290 x 50%

edit: and gym booster also paid back.

Still waiting :thumbdown:

Got an email from Disc though saying Emperors will be 50% but you can also get 100% back if you've entered and are the lucky one or get a free entry.

Still waiting :thumbdown:

when is you billing cycle? Mine is the 19th of each month.

What events are you waiting for?

Have you claimed for the event AND does it show up in the list of outdoor events?

I tried claiming for the FastOne and it kept giving an error. Once resolved by email it eventually showed up, but only after I claimed for Ride for Sight, which then falls into the March billing cycle.

That's how I understand the way the refunds work.

when is you billing cycle? Mine is the 19th of each month.

What events are you waiting for?

Have you claimed for the event AND does it show up in the list of outdoor events?

I tried claiming for the FastOne and it kept giving an error. Once resolved by email it eventually showed up, but only after I claimed for Ride for Sight, which then falls into the March billing cycle.

That's how I understand the way the refunds work.

Fast One, Berge & Dale, Carnival.

Should have shown up by now. Will call them again and check

is there  any workaround / gyppo on the older model polar watch / HR strap to upload data - have access to an old Polar F4 with HR strap - i'm hoping technology has advanced since - to allow data to be uploaded? 

is there  any workaround / gyppo on the older model polar watch / HR strap to upload data - have access to an old Polar F4 with HR strap - i'm hoping technology has advanced since - to allow data to be uploaded? 

Still has the sound transmission, so you need to get the software and a microphone for your PC. It says it uses the speakers, but speakers cannot detect the sound transmitted by the device. 

EDIT: But I'm not too sure on how you can use the data once you have it. AFAIK it doesn't allow uploads to Polar Personal Trainer... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

. AFAIK it doesn't allow uploads to Polar Personal Trainer... 

the only place i could find info was a review off amazon and it seems to be the case with this model.  was hoping there was some app that could miraculously get the data out and send it on to discovery  :P

I replied saying I'm interested in riding for free... #bonus

Also asked for the free entry as I was planning to enter today.

Entries is closing on Monday, so I hope we get confirmation by then.

Also got the 42 mm Apple Watch yesterday. Seems like my lucky week.

Had a list of 11 smoothies to claim yesterday, took four will take some more over the weekend.

Vitality working for me so far. Had around 5000-6000 points last week.

Also asked for the free entry as I was planning to enter today.

Entries is closing on Monday, so I hope we get confirmation by then.

Also got the 42 mm Apple Watch yesterday. Seems like my lucky week.

Had a list of 11 smoothies to claim yesterday, took four will take some more over the weekend.

Vitality working for me so far. Had around 5000-6000 points last week.

Worst case for me if I don't get the "free entry" is I do a late entry and ride VB.

Worst case for me if I don't get the "free entry" is I do a late entry and ride VB.

I haven't applied for the free entry as I already have other plans for that weekend.

It would be nice if they do this more often but with at least a month before the event and not just 2 weeks.

Makes me wonder if the organizers received less than expected entries this year.

Surely it cannot be feasible for Vitality to pay full price for all their riders.

I haven't applied for the free entry as I already have other plans for that weekend.

It would be nice if they do this more often but with at least a month before the event and not just 2 weeks.

Makes me wonder if the organizers received less than expected entries this year.

Surely it cannot be feasible for Vitality to pay full price for all their riders.

not all, it's on a first-come-first-serve basis and the number of entries available is not known.