Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

for all the people doing cadence cycling classes...

go to selfloops - activities...download FIT file to computer...

go to GC - activities...import...choose file upload activities from file...

vitality - devices and apps...link a device or app...choose garmin...bingo.

Just updated...lost the 100 points for logging in but got 300 point per visit for 30-89 min vigorous workout (heart rate) 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It works but not great .

It update Garmin , which sometimes takes quite a long time.

However I have seen that it then uploads my points to discovery.

However I need to delink and link to GC every time for the points to reflect on Discovery, which is a bit of schlep but I guess I can do that once a week.

Thanks Cheese

Will have to try the link/unlink step because it wasn't updating my Discovery App

Okay so finally got it right. Also needed to delink and relink garmin from Discovery for the points to pull through.

Not sure if I smaak a smoothie that much to link/relink all the time

sounds like you need a new broker- send Myles a pm.

You need the personal interface, Cape Town is too far away! But yes, unfortunately you have to constantly evaluate what your broker does for you, and weigh it up against what you have to do for the broker.........

Not sure if I smaak a smoothie that much to link/relink all the time

dont care about the smoothie. Do care about not paying for the watch.

dont care about the smoothie. Do care about not paying for the watch.

and the cashback on the gym membership, making it 100% free

and the cashback on the gym membership, making it 100% free

Haven't got the refund yet! Have called them they told me it would be paid in on the 15th... Nothing yet.

And I have made target every week.

Haven't got the refund yet! Have called them they told me it would be paid in on the 15th... Nothing yet.

And I have made target every week.

Have you activated it on the website?

Activate Gym Booster at: https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/active-rewards 

FAQs: https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/active_rewards/gym_booster_faqs.pdf

Edited by Hilton.

Up to 400 points this week. If this goes all the way back to 1200 it's gonna be interesting!

Also, just saw this on the website

Free flights

Save up to 100% on local flights (base ticket fare only) based on the number of Active Rewards goals you achieve from the time of booking to the date of departure. 

How does it work?

• You will earn an extra 5% cash back for each weekly goal you achieve.
  • The extra saving is paid to you as a cash back.
  • You need to achieve four goals to start earning your cash back.
  • The cash back is calculated off the base ticket fare only and can apply to multiple flight bookings.

Wonder if it is now active (which doesn't help me as the flight I booked months ago departs in a week  :thumbdown: )

Edited by bertusras

I got 900 from last week with a target of 400 for this week.

Wife got 400 last week and her target has remained on 300.

I was on 1200 from week 1 this year while the wife was only on 650 at end of March.

The mystery continues...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday 1st should have been the last day for S Health (and strava etc) support, but they were having a few hangover issues. So you shouldn't have received 300 for that one. 

Hi Myles

received this reply last night ....

Thank you for your email regarding Vitality fitness.

We are still using S-Health for fitness points. As long as you have linked the app to your Vitality profile we will receive the information directly.

You can also purchase Samsung gear for your heart rate reading to link to your Vitality profile.

To qualify for Vitality points, on a workout your average heart rate needs to begin at 132 bpm or higher.

To view the heart rate chart, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Discovery website: www.discovery.co.za – you do not need to log in – go to Vitality navigation menu
  2. Click on Vitality Support
  3. On the right hand of the screen – click on this image  

You will be taken to the new Heart Table – we are aware that this table displays very tiny. The teams are working on creating a new option for a better display, when this is available you will be notified.

If you have any more queries, please visit our online Vitality support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Vitality Support for a range of troubleshooting options.

Also jumped from 300 to 400 this week, only joined in January but the weekly targets only increased in increments of 50. Actually did less intense exercise last week than I normally do due to minor injury but a 100 point increase seems to be the norm, ah well 1200 here we come

Hi Myles

We are still using S-Health for fitness points. As long as you have linked the app to your Vitality profile we will receive the information directly.

You can also purchase Samsung gear for your heart rate reading to link to your Vitality profile.

To qualify for Vitality points, on a workout your average heart rate needs to begin at 132 bpm or higher.

1. Go to Discovery website: www.discovery.co.za – you do not need to log in – go to Vitality navigation menu
  2. Click on Vitality Support
  3. On the right hand of the screen – click on this image  

You will be taken to the new Heart Table – we are aware that this table displays very tiny. The teams are working on creating a new option for a better display, when this is available you will be notified.

If you have any more queries, please visit our online Vitality support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Vitality Support for a range of troubleshooting options.

Tiny is an understatement

Hi Myles

• Go to Discovery website: www.discovery.co.za – you do not need to log in – go to Vitality navigation menu
  • Click on Vitality Support
  • On the right hand of the screen – click on this image

Very strange.

Email isn't very clear though. I think it says you can get points for HR data only if you use the gear.

But if you use s health on the phone even with an HR strap it has a limit of 100 points. Which is what it says on the website.

I'll contact my people on Monday to make sure and report back.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I thought we were only jumping 50 points increments. Mine has also increased to 400 now.

I've also just picked up a cold now. Throat a bit sore so dunno how I'm exercising when I'm sick.