Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So received an email this morning from Team Vitality that renewal of membership is now open.

As I am member of both the running and cycling and want to early bird a few running events for the start of next year thought would renew.  

So whilst going through the process of renewing membership for cycling it now advises that you no longer get your CSA membership as part of your Team Vitality membership and that you have to renew licence with CSA separately!!!!  

It was included in the R600 last year if I remember correctly??

I think it was included - I had renewed my racing licence, so had already paid for the CSA membership before joining Team Vitality.

I might hold back to see if they pay out the payments for the 2016-Q4 before decided what to do.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So received an email this morning from Team Vitality that renewal of membership is now open.

As I am member of both the running and cycling and want to early bird a few running events for the start of next year thought would renew.  

So whilst going through the process of renewing membership for cycling it now advises that you no longer get your CSA membership as part of your Team Vitality membership and that you have to renew licence with CSA separately!!!!  

It was included in the R600 last year if I remember correctly??

Yes, CSA was defo included in the annual vitality club fee

Someone who has been doing the weekly rewards thing please answer this: Will my weekly target get inflated infinitely until I basically spend my whole life exercising to get a free smoothie? Mine has gone from a ridonculous 300 to 900 and if it goes beyond that my wife will kill me because that's more than three rides a week. :-) 

Someone who has been doing the weekly rewards thing please answer this: Will my weekly target get inflated infinitely until I basically spend my whole life exercising to get a free smoothie? Mine has gone from a ridonculous 300 to 900 and if it goes beyond that my wife will kill me because that's more than three rides a week. :-) 

That would be a big... 

No!

The current max is 900, unless you opt for the Elite category plan which is 1200 points.

It also says that only new memberships receive a shirt. What's the deal here, so your renewal will cost R600 and all you get it cash back on selected events ?

It's effectively R1200 worth of race entries that one needs to calculate to break even.

Whether you join them or not, you'll still need CSA Membership to avoid the R35 day licence fee for each event.

If you can get to R1600-R1700 worth of entry fees then you'll cover the cost of the CSA Membership, provincial affiliation fee and the Team Vitality membership fee.

For me it will be (approximate entry fee):

FastOne R300

Ride for Sight R300

Emperors R390

Amashova R300

947 R450

That will result in R1740 / 2 = R870 in cash back. One more event and my racing licence is covered.

The problem will be to find events where they actually pay back and make sure it's on my list of events to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's effectively R1200 worth of race entries that one needs to calculate to break even.

Whether you join them or not, you'll still need CSA Membership to avoid the R35 day licence fee for each event.

If you can get to R1600-R1700 worth of entry fees then you'll cover the cost of the CSA Membership, provincial affiliation fee and the Team Vitality membership fee.

For me it will be (approximate entry fee):

FastOne R300

Ride for Sight R300

Emperors R390

Amashova R300

947 R450

That will result in R1740 / 2 = R870 in cash back. One more event and my racing licence is covered.

The problem will be to find events where they actually pay back and make sure it's on my list of events to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a nice race in November- Carnival City Macsteel National Classic. You should try it out :clap:

Yes, CSA was defo included in the annual vitality club fee

Yes, I have send them a mail asking about this an hour or so before the mail received from them,

However as Gerald indicates if you do the races to get 50% money back you are covered, however I am also thinking about it.

If I break even it is Nice , but I am part of another cycling club @R500 amonth, so to make it worth it I should get a bit more than I pay, In 2016 definitely did, Got 50% for R4S, Jacaranda Classic, Carnival City,94.7 &  100% for Emperors, and 25% for another one.

This year might just give it a skip and check again in 2018, or might just move to the Running option, as you then do not have to pay the R300 shoebooster.

Edited by Cheese

There is a nice race in November- Carnival City Macsteel National Classic. You should try it out :clap:

November, you say?

Will keep a look out for it.

Think i will see what the race calendar is before I commit to renewing for the cycling.

Running I will do for the shoe booster and money back.  Also got a running vest this year and they giving again next year

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have send them a mail asking about this an hour or so before the mail received from them,

However as Gerald indicates if you do the races to get 50% money back you are covered, however I am also thinking about it.

If I break even it is Nice , but I am part of another cycling club @R500 amonth, so to make it worth it I should get a bit more than I pay, In 2016 definitely did, Got 50% for R4S, Jacaranda Classic, Carnival City,94.7 &  100% for Emperors, and 25% for another one.

This year might just give it a skip and check again in 2018, or might just move to the Running option, as you then do not have to pay the R300 shoebooster.

So is it confirmed licence not included next year?

I haven't used mine like that for a while, but I was always able to use the Wahoo app, send to Garmin Connect, and still get my points. Not sure if that is still the case.

(this was while using on an IDT)