Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I will do the health check and HIV test this weekend. I used to score a lot on them.

I have one for cycling. it's just running that I was never fond of until I fell on the Fast One and discovered I was under insured. So I collected every cent I could find into building a new bike which is almost complete.

I will check the list and get one coz running is easier and does not take much time... for the lazy days.

Thanks a lot guys!! Now I have hope...

how to get to gold and where to get the points https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-oct16-points-updates-for-2017

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will do the health check and HIV test this weekend. I used to score a lot on them.

I have one for cycling. it's just running that I was never fond of until I fell on the Fast One and discovered I was under insured. So I collected every cent I could find into building a new bike which is almost complete.

I will check the list and get one coz running is easier and does not take much time... for the lazy days.

Thanks a lot guys!! Now I have hope...

In the meantime, whist you consider and look for a watch for running... there's nothing stopping you from running with you cycling gps unit in your hand or pocket paired with your HRM... as vitality take no interest in what the activity is.... they only interested in duration of workout and % of max HR

In the meantime, whist you consider and look for a watch for running... there's nothing stopping you from running with you cycling gps unit in your hand or pocket paired with your HRM... as vitality take no interest in what the activity is.... they only interested in duration of workout and % of max HR

Really??  :eek:

I have Garmin 520. Do I just log it as a short cycle or what?

Doesn't matter what you log it as, they just want to see your average heart rate over a period of time.. 

Damn, I have missed out big time then! Thanks a lot!

No different to using your 520 on a gym spinning bike going nowhere... as long as you record length of workout and HR, then you will get points for if the workout is more than 30mins.  

If you use a wattbike at the gym, you can pair the 520 to the bike and get all the metrics just for your personal info.... but for vitality, they only interested in duration and %HR

And you can log it as anything

Guys, I need help... Did not have a bike since January and I just got it now. First ride is tomorrow and by the look of things is that I will lose my Diamond status. I am currently sitting on 9400 points. The only thing I have done is the we stuff and age. No health and fitness checks. I got the max on the steps. I don't have a fitness watch, so I missed out every time I went for a run. Is there a way of getting those points needed to remain on Diamond, or I must forget? :(

running_male.png

standing_blue.png
Points 9400
Status Diamond
35600 points to maintain Diamondstatus

How often do you do 30-mins or more per week?

Follow shaper's advice and get a device - as you'll get 300 points per 30-minute workout at 80% of your age-220 HR.

300 points per workout, for 100 days (3.1 months) will get you 30,000 fitness points.

September - December has 122 days.

The fitness test and health check can get your close to half the points you need, so it means 50 days at 300 points should get you another 15000 points.

The HIV test another 5000.

It's all about knowing where, how, what and when to do each "activity".

Is there a way of getting those points needed to remain on Diamond, or I must forget? :(

Hi - you can also do Parkrun - easy 300 points for no effort at all as you can walk them. Discovery / Jacaranda Springwalk (only 800 points). If you do a couple of races you also pick up points, depending on the distance, and it's easy to claim those points as well.

It's all about knowing where, how, what and when to do each "activity".

Just remember that you will only be awarded the points for the activity that earned the most points for the day. In other words if you do park run in the morning and go do a gym session in the afternoon and they are worth 300 and 200 points respectively, you will only be awarded the higher points for the day (Parkrun) so maybe plan the gym visit for Sunday ;) Activity management is key to maximizing/optimizing points.

Only joined Vitality a few weeks back. Tried adding a friend for Active rewards a number of times but email invitation sent to friends side had no link at all (basically nothing appeared on her email). So friend sent invite from her side- opened link to accept invite which opened the latest version of Discovery app via the browser and nothing. Friend has not been added, all that opened was the app.

Has anyone else had this problem? I queried it with Vitality call Centre and they directed it to their app developers but nothing was resolved.

Is there a restriction on the number of friends one is allowed? (New to Vitality so not familiar with these things)

Have yet to try it by inviting someone else.

Only joined Vitality a few weeks back. Tried adding a friend for Active rewards a number of times but email invitation sent to friends side had no link at all (basically nothing appeared on her email). So friend sent invite from her side- opened link to accept invite which opened the latest version of Discovery app via the browser and nothing. Friend has not been added, all that opened was the app.

Has anyone else had this problem? I queried it with Vitality call Centre and they directed it to their app developers but nothing was resolved.

Is there a restriction on the number of friends one is allowed? (New to Vitality so not familiar with these things)

limit is 4 friends.

Can't remember how the invite works, as it's almost 2 years since my friends list was created.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent she already has a full team, you can't add her to yours