Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

You got the wrong points for the 145 bpm workout, should have got 100 as 80% of your max is 146.4.

You also got the wrong points for the 147 bpm, should have got 100.

But both are marginal and most likely affected by stops but impossible to say without seeing the actual summaries.

So in total you are right. But each ride is wrong.

bloody hell, you're right.

The points are teh wrong way around. 147BPM ride should have been 300 (30-90 min @ 80% plus) and 145BPM ride should have been 100 points (30-89 min @ 70%)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen this on the website

Update on Fitbit heart rate data integration

Fitbit, the global market leader in fitness wearables, continually innovate to encourage their customers to lead healthier, more active lives. Wearing a Fitbit is a great way to help you stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep.

Vitality is working closely with Fitbit to enable the integration of heart rate data to enable you as a Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Charge HR or Fitbit Blaze user to earn Vitality points for heart rate tracking.

The Fitbit and Vitality platforms will soon be integrated for heart rate tracking. Currently, Vitality members can earn 100 Vitality points for tracking 10 000 or more steps a day. Until the heart rate integration is complete, fitness points for heart rate cannot be allocated.

Fitbit and Vitality are actively working to integrate as quickly as possible to enable you to earn Vitality points for heart rate tracking. We are expecting Vitality Fitbit users to be able to earn points for their heart rate by 1 August 2016. We will communicate to all of Vitality’s Fitbit users once the ability to earn points for heart rate tracking is in place.

It’s great that you’re improving your health and wellbeing through exercise and we hope you continue to do so. If you have any queries, please visit the online Vitality support page.

I feel really sorry for customer service staff at Vitality. Judging from the Facebook ratings and feedback they're taking a beating.

A good review for now Vitality stands out like a sore thumb.

Seems that the Vitality staff have taken it upon themselves to give themselves a 5-Star rating.

http://i65.tinypic.com/15hd5p5.jpg

*sigh*

Suunto users:

It's good to know that we are being backed by Suunto. Since day 1 I've never been disappointed by their products or customer service.

Discovery though...

12916959_809867112479541_513595089749304

Has there been an update on this?

Is Suunto still on the 'not supported' list?

Yep, likewise. Plus they decided not to allocate all my points for last week so maybe they trying a double whammy!

3aeb682bef50e72b4a14b55289f63686.jpg

From my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some conflicting information regarding certain heartrate zones (vigorous and moderate)

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/exercise-intensity/art-20046887?pg=2

It's quite an accepted standard by medical professionals and foundations worldwide........the 50-69 % zone is always seen as moderate......Discovery have decided to set a new standard......and who are they really in the medical field.......a nobody......

But ja.....let the Discovery fans keep praising them whilst the rest get seen as Walter Mitty's and google experts.....on the bright side.......Mr. Gore won an award.......a year ago.......

Edited by BarHugger

Still on 600 points for what I think is the 3rd or 4th week.

300 from this morning, and GC to Disco is working smoothly again so all good.

Still on 600 points for what I think is the 3rd or 4th week.

300 from this morning, and GC to Disco is working smoothly again so all good.

Yours still on 600 as well?!

Discovery, I smell a rat!

Yours still on 600 as well?!

Discovery, I smell a rat!

It's just random I guess. 700 wouldn't make any difference, would probably get to 900 or 1200 points this coming week.