Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

On 7/4/2023 at 12:46 PM, StokedAboutSpokes said:

I found an article to link Wahoo with Apple Health or Google Fit. 

I'm on Apple Health but it seems to only sync step data to Vitality. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/help-fitness-devices

How do I link my Wahoo app to Vitality?
To link Wahoo and Vitality, you will first need to download the Wahoo app that is compatible with your device, either:

• Wahoo Fitness
  • Wahoo ELEMNT

Once you have downloaded the correct app, make sure that you sign up for a Wahoo Cloud account. Then follow these steps to link your Wahoo app to Vitality:

• Step 1: Ensure that you have the correct Wahoo app installed on your phone.
  • Step 2: Also, please ensure that you have the following installed for these respective operating systems:
  • iOS - the Health App
  • Android - the Google Fit app.

Ensure the Health App or Google Fit app is linked to Vitality.

• Step 3: Link your Wahoo app to the Health app or Google Fit app.
  • Step 4: Give Vitality permission to read your fitness data.

Important to note

• Remember, you must first sign up for a Wahoo Cloud account through the Wahoo app or Wahoo ELEMNT app for automatic syncing and sharing to occur across Apple Health or Google Fit. Without Wahoo Cloud account the apps will not work properly.
  • If you have already linked your Google Fit account to Vitality for other purposes, you will need to delink it from Vitality. Once your Google Fit account has been linked to Wahoo, relink it to Vitality.
  • If you link or delink your Wahoo device from Apple Health or Google Fit; Vitality will not receive this information. To ensure that you have linked your device, check that:
  • For iOS, your Wahoo device is linked to Apple Health and that Apple Health is linked to Vitality.
  • For Android, your Wahoo device is linked to Google Fit.

Once you have followed these steps, you will be able to earn Vitality Fitness points using your Wahoo Fitness device.

If you need more information, please use the links below for the:

For additional support, please visit Wahoo support

Can anyone else confirm if this works?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Bira said:

Can anyone else confirm if this works?

I last used the Wahoo app on 27/07, but is wasn’t linked to my Health app until I read your post.

It shows in the Health app, but not in the Discovery app (yet). I will check on Monday and let you know; there is a delay (sometimes) in the syncing process.

On 8/28/2023 at 10:45 AM, Bira said:

So tested this over the weekend. No luck doesnt work

Gonna have to use fitfiletools.com. Download the original from Strava, upload to fitfiletools, change the device to a Garmin and upload to Garmin connect. Its a Schlep but works.

Currently using an Elemnt Roam

What irks me with Discovery though is that their method to link apps has been offline for the last 2 months, so I haven't been able to link my new smartwatch. Discovery just says they're aware of the problem and hasn't done anything in my opinion to solve it

On 8/2/2023 at 11:26 AM, werty81 said:

If you sign up for the "high performance/endurance" option, you get points for lower heart-rate activities - but that comes with an automatic bump in target to 1200 points per week, so not ideal for everyone. The big "win" is that if you do a longer activity, you can earn up to 600 points for a single activity.

how do you actually change this - app or on web dashboard? can't seem to find it.

Also is there a way for the app to refresh if it doesn't pick up activities that are clearly on your device, or do i need to do it in strava (suunto watch=>suunto app=>strava=>disco)?

4 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

how do you actually change this - app or on web dashboard? can't seem to find it.

Also is there a way for the app to refresh if it doesn't pick up activities that are clearly on your device, or do i need to do it in strava (suunto watch=>suunto app=>strava=>disco)?

As far as I can find - it is only available on the web. You need to re-sign up again each year to keep  it active. (https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/endurance-high-performance-events)

In terms of the app picking up events - the app can only pull data directly from the device (Apple, Google or Samsung), the other integrations are on a B2B basis, so I would suggest that you make sure the events are in the respective app (Garmin Connect etc.) and make sure that has sync'd correctly with the device. There are sometimes delays in the B2B integrations (normally listed on the Discovery site when they occur)

1 minute ago, werty81 said:

As far as I can find - it is only available on the web. You need to re-sign up again each year to keep  it active.

10 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Follow the link, log in on the website, answer a few questions and you’re good to go.

IMG_2432.png

11 minutes ago, werty81 said:

As far as I can find - it is only available on the web. You need to re-sign up again each year to keep  it active. (https://www.discovery.co.za/vitality/endurance-high-performance-events)

In terms of the app picking up events - the app can only pull data directly from the device (Apple, Google or Samsung), the other integrations are on a B2B basis, so I would suggest that you make sure the events are in the respective app (Garmin Connect etc.) and make sure that has sync'd correctly with the device. There are sometimes delays in the B2B integrations (normally listed on the Discovery site when they occur)

Thanks. I would never have found that on my own - applied and ready to go now!

I have stuff that is definitely on my fitness app, then it just doesn;t go through to the disco app. for instance, this weekend i ran in the mountain for three hours at high hr, Its on both suunto and strava, but disco doesn't see it so i get 100 points for 10 000 steps. I am actually not sure if disco gets my data from suunto directly or strava (but understand it is never going to be foolproof)

Edited by Shebeen

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

Thanks. I would never have found that on my own - applied and ready to go now!

I have stuff that is definitely on my fitness app, then it just doesn;t go through to the disco app. for instance, this weekend i ran in the mountain for three hours at high hr, Its on both suunto and strava, but disco doesn't see it so i get 100 points for 10 000 steps. I am actually not sure if disco gets my data from suunto directly or strava (but understand it is never going to be foolproof)

Strava is only used for speed data (so no heart rate points). Suunto is steps, speed and heart rate, so you should see points for HR via Suunto. One troubleshooting option is to delink your Suunto account in the Discovery app, and then re-link it. Failing that, log a call with the support team, and they should find where the issue is

Anybody else sit with this problem and have a solution.

Both my wife and me do the vitality activity thing to get the tier points to Diamond each year.

The wife is not a banking client, she had a secondary card linked to my card - so all her bonus points or miles simply accumulate and the only way we can use them is on free coffee vouchers, which will take 100 years to use them all.

How do we use all her points ?

I had a massive argument with them some months back, that as a secondary card user her miles should accumulate with my miles so we can use them together - they simply laughed at me.

When i look at the current old health app, its being completely dumbed down and everything is moving to the Bank app, very soon I believe it will be discontinued and if you not a banking client with the bank app you basically won't be able to access the vitality points benefit.

Its almost extortion, forcing their health clients to become banking clients. 

9 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Both my wife and me do the vitality activity thing to get the tier points to Diamond each year.

The wife is not a banking client, she had a secondary card linked to my card - so all her bonus points or miles simply accumulate and the only way we can use them is on free coffee vouchers, which will take 100 years to use them all.

I had a massive argument with them some months back, that as a secondary card user her miles should accumulate with my miles so we can use them together - they simply laughed at me.

When i look at the current old health app, its being completely dumbed down and everything is moving to the Bank app, very soon I believe it will be discontinued and if you not a banking client with the bank app you basically won't be able to access the vitality points benefit.

They introduced a free vitality banking account when they moved the travel benefits to the bank side after the airline collapse fiasco. So if you are a vitality member you can create an account for free in the app, and access the miles, discounts etc that way. Another hoop to jump through, but not using the account for anything else, and not costing me anything.

2 hours ago, madmarc said:

I agree! I used to get my monthly gym fee back in miles. Since July last your you had to have a full banking suite to get this benefit. 

19 hours ago, werty81 said:

Since signing up, I've never had to sign up again! I wonder if having to re-sign up every year is something new?

Just now, Pusher said:

Since signing up, I've never had to sign up again! I wonder if having to re-sign up every year is something new?

It is in the terms and conditions, but I have also just had it active since applying.