Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

None of my Zwift rides have ever made it through to Vitality. Have tried using all the “links”, i.e. linked, delinked, relinked, etc., and nothing works.

I'm a Polar fan, so via Polar Flow, any and all of my exercises makes it way to Discovery / Vitality.

As long as I use my V650 or Vantage V or H10 to record the session, no problem.

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I'm a Polar fan, so via Polar Flow, any and all of my exercises makes it way to Discovery / Vitality.

As long as I use my V650 or Vantage V or H10 to record the session, no problem.

My Garmin records all my sessions, so no problem with Vitality. 

7 hours ago, Sandro said:

Anybody else having trouble syncing Zwift with Discovery the last few days? Tried delinking and relinking but nothing? Strava and Garmin still syncing properly.

also have the same issue, i get an error when trying re-link it

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a number of us experiencing a problem with Zwift and Discovery activity uploads. Have also de-linked and relinked but activities still not uploading since 20 Jan.  Zwift activities upload to Garmin connect and Strava 100% so must be a problem on Discovery side.

I see Mywhoosh, "records" the rides on Garmin 1030 when you export the FIT file, I wonder if you upload to Garmin account if Vitality will pick it up, you can then open a FREE Garmin Account and use Mywhoosh (that is also free for now).

34 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I see Mywhoosh, "records" the rides on Garmin 1030 when you export the FIT file, I wonder if you upload to Garmin account if Vitality will pick it up, you can then open a FREE Garmin Account and use Mywhoosh (that is also free for now).

It has to be recorded on an approved device, i.e. Garmin, Polar, etc. You can check the fit file in fitfileviewer.com to see what device is recorded. If it says Garmin, then go ahead as planned.

What a Garmin device file looks like vs Zwift.
The different serial numbers seems to be the Garmin and my Kickr
image.png.7322ff07b00c3801e4dd547e933294bf.png
image.png.65fc17438e78d72c3074537fa79e9468.png

57 minutes ago, Frosty said:

It has to be recorded on an approved device, i.e. Garmin, Polar, etc. You can check the fit file in fitfileviewer.com to see what device is recorded. If it says Garmin, then go ahead as planned.

I have an athlete who uses Mywoosh and the file details I see with WK05 are that it is recorded as a Gamin 3570.  He is a Junior and his parents are on Momentum, so cannot confirm whether this will work with Discovery.

2023-02-03 (1).png

You can decode a fit file. Adjust it and upload. 

You can also export as a gpx , adjust the device in the gpx with a text editor and upload into garmin.

You can also parse a fit into a gpx and then adjust the device in a text editor.

Targets could be very easy to hit when you realise you can find and replace the date in an activity.

tcx files are even easier to manipulate.

Financial reward system based off of easy to manipulate data is dangerous. Strava KOM's are also worth nothing anymore. Hell there has even been an e-sports ban for digital doping so you know how easy this data is to work with. digitalEPO will do the above for you.

But you didn't hear that all from me...

also note this is all broadly protected by their fair usage policy before you go getting arrested for reward scheme fraud.

BUT using Mywhoosh will not be fraud, I have done the hard work, just not on an official Garmin or Polar product, although I own a few, this was just an example

I have two Garmin Connect accounts.

All my Garmin-recorded workouts, and occasionally my Apple workouts go directly to the GC account linked to Discovery, or Discovery direct with Apple Health). Indoor workouts won’t show distance and elevation, but Discovery only require HR (or speed), so it’s an easy solution.

My Lezyne head unit, as well as Zwift/Rouvy workouts all go directly to my original GC account, and other analytical apps (TP, WKO5, etc). If I have to upgrade to another head unit, eg. Hammerhead, then my Discovery account is unaffected. Intervals is the only account that I have to upload manually, as I don’t use the Strava-link.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed previously…

does anyone know if you are still able to claim Vitality points for Ironman 70.3 (other than the normal 300points) I know you used to be able to… and they awarded 1500 points for completing the event. 

TIA

On 2/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, Frosty said:

I have two Garmin Connect accounts.

All my Garmin-recorded workouts, and occasionally my Apple workouts go directly to the GC account linked to Discovery, or Discovery direct with Apple Health). Indoor workouts won’t show distance and elevation, but Discovery only require HR (or speed), so it’s an easy solution.

My Lezyne head unit, as well as Zwift/Rouvy workouts all go directly to my original GC account, and other analytical apps (TP, WKO5, etc). If I have to upgrade to another head unit, eg. Hammerhead, then my Discovery account is unaffected. Intervals is the only account that I have to upload manually, as I don’t use the Strava-link.

The only thing holding me back from getting a Hammerhead is "POLAR".  Al my exercise data for many years (much more than on Strava) is on Polar Flow.

Unfortunately Polar don't play nice with other manufacturers and probably will never accommodate data coming from anything other than a Polar .... ☹️

5 minutes ago, Cycle Fan said:

Hi guys. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed previously…

does anyone know if you are still able to claim Vitality points for Ironman 70.3 (other than the normal 300points) I know you used to be able to… and they awarded 1500 points for completing the event. 

TIA

Yes you can, claim it through outdoor sporting event

https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vit-partner-outdoor-sporting-events