Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

That means you have already removed the permission on garmin for vitality to take your data.

Yea i know, problem is discovery doesnt see that soni cant re link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those having problems with GC and Vitality linking, is the problem on the PC using a browser on Vitality site or is it in the app? Or both browser and app?

I tried the delink/relink process using the Discovery app on iOS and Safari. That was on Tuesday last week.

The permission was removed using Safari via the link they provided to GC, on their app.

For my wife's delink/delink that worked perfectly, last night, I used their app to delink but only after removing the permission of GC first. As I said - it worked without any problems.

During her relink, it opened the login screen for GC, but wouldn't show as connected (using the app). I had to complete the relink via their web application (Chrome).

An hour later, I was unpairing/pairing her Apple Watch so I could use it for a quick 30-min 80% workout. 12 minutes into the workout, I noticed the Garmin link on my Discovery app was now showing, allowing me to relink my device. Terminate the panic training!

Now to wait for the reply from Discovery to confirm my problem has been resolved - although I immediately thanked them via a DM on Twitter.

I hope my problem helps them realise there is a random problem with the delink process.

Haha, so much for automatic point allocation events... 

My Cape Town Marathon was allocated to Saturday (instead of Sunday) - and with the wrong distance category!  :eek: Maybe they thought we all did the trail run...? No biggy at this time, next year whilst building actual Vitality points still, it makes a bit of a difference. 

Anybody else in the same boat?

:/ just wait it out? See did not get goal last week

If they aren't following you on Twitter, then ask them to. Send a DM informing them of your problem.

Send a mail so you get a reference number, then send the DM - I found that much quicker than waiting for the email reply.

If they aren't following you on Twitter, then ask them to. Send a DM informing them of your problem.

Send a mail so you get a reference number, then send the DM - I found that much quicker than waiting for the email reply.

We have a long list of DM's on Twitter already [emoji849]

The workout for today does show up on the points monitor.
Limits already reached

Garmin workout: 30+ min workout at 60-69% of max heart rate.

Higher points awarded for the fitness for the day.

Garmin workout: 30+ min workout (speed data only)

Here's what is shows on the app
e5e4abbb3ddd51f00a7e9ba2bea1ac7c.jpg

And the web browser (will edit to add screenshot)

post-1372-0-03959500-1474615656_thumb.png

Edited by geraldm24

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I can't find...  So with the new apple watch announced and now including GPS as hoped, can one get on the apple watch benefit?  Presume the "free" offer is based on the old model - but can you pay in?  Anyone have details?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I can't find...  So with the new apple watch announced and now including GPS as hoped, can one get on the apple watch benefit?  Presume the "free" offer is based on the old model - but can you pay in?  Anyone have details?

Yes, you can pay in. And with the current version (well, series 1) you could pay in to upgrade from the 38mm to the 42mm. Given that the pricing of the new one is going to be pretty much the same as the old one, I don't foresee it being an issue. If it's more than R 6k (R 250p/m over 24 months) you pay in the difference and hey presto. 

Hi guys,

If you reach your active goals weekly, I still have a spot open on my Active rewards team. Drop me a message if you're interested. I achieve the goals every week.