Ryder clipless pedals

partydave

I know they make some pretty cheap (both in price and quality) components, but does anyone have experience with their pedals?

I know they're a South African company, but I can't find anything on them.

LBS sells a set for R439 which seems reasonable.

I'm not a weight weenie, race snake, Stravasshole or a Spezspaz- I just want something that won't break in 2 rides and will allow me to unclip at my own will. 

I am in the process of acquiring a set of M808's, but have a relatively short race coming up on Friday and the SPD's won't be here by then.

If it matters, I have never used a pair of clip ins

I using Ryder pedals on both my road bikes ( Look keo compatible) and a Ryder mtb set one of my mtb's ( same cleat as Shimano spd mtb cleats)

Three years now. I believe it is a better product than Look.

Before that i owned three sets look pedals including top of the range carbon blades. Look pedals never last more than one season - then you get a play on the bearings.

I have the Ryder magnesium pedals. Not even that much heavier than Look keo easy pedals.

I can highly recommend Ryder pedals out of my own experience.

The only thing is their cleats are not as good as genuine Keo cleats.

So still using Look cleats on it

Thanks for the feedback Mongoose.

I closed my eyes and paid the cashier. I am well on my way to falling my arse off tonight

Some years ago I had a Ryder CO2 inflator fall apart in my hand one day while using (and Sods Law I had no pump so it was a walk home...).  I emailed Ryder, said I didn't really know where the slip was but it wasn't a year old yet. They asked where my nearest LBS was and I got to go and pick up a new and better one (this one had a valve on it to control the gas flow).

"but have a relatively short race coming up on Friday and...If it matters, I have never used a pair of clip ins"

Seriously, dude?  first try out of clip-ins AT A RACE?

Don't forget to phone your broker...

"but have a relatively short race coming up on Friday and...If it matters, I have never used a pair of clip ins"

Seriously, dude?  first try out of clip-ins AT A RACE?

Don't forget to phone your broker...

My apologies if I missed something, but where did I say I'll try them out for the first time at a race?

My apologies if I missed something, but where did I say I'll try them out for the first time at a race?

"I am in the process of acquiring a set of M808's, but have a relatively short race coming up on Friday and the SPD's won't be here by then"

Isn't that WHY you need the ryders?

Just because I'd like to use them for the race, does not mean that I will not use them before the race

Assumptions.... 

In my limited experience with clipless pedals, the Ryders seem decent. Clipping in and out is easier than expected, but I do have the tension on 3/4s. Will have to tighten as there is some lateral movement 

I do however think my fit is poor as I experienced some pressure on my inner thigh joint which I never did with my flats

In my limited experience with clipless pedals, the Ryders seem decent. Clipping in and out is easier than expected, but I do have the tension on 3/4s. Will have to tighten as there is some lateral movement 

I do however think my fit is poor as I experienced some pressure on my inner thigh joint which I never did with my flats

Bit of side-to-side play is normal. It's called "float." 

Ryder pedals seem to have a bit less float then Shimanos from my experience. Though I prefer a bit more float for MTB.

Thank you Jensie, will have a read

Aloutte - I have quite a bit of float, but not sure if it's a normal amount. I'll try out a few pedals in our group

Archived