Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

The contact person is Armando Ribeiro.  Was given to me by Shahaad  I've written numerous mails to Mr. Ribeiro with zero response.

Is he an ANC member?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we "need" 5 sub provinces for Gauteng anyway if non of them performs.

What does a podium of a sub province of a province of a country actually mean, we might just as well have a "champion" for every suburb of every town in RSA.

What does it cost the cyclist to keep the 5 subs running instead of one REAL province.

Gauteng had about half a million Rand stolen from them a couple of years back, how is it possible that they even had so much money that was obviously supposed to promote cycling.

Looks like they only worrie about the end of year parties.

Is it right to pay a sub province secretary (with an other full time job) R5-6000 a month to organise one meeting a month, and then does not even care to respond to all this dissatisfaction of the very cyclist that supplies the finances?

Why not get one Gauteng province with people that really want to be there, promoting cycling, then at least a champ would be a Champ again and more money would be available for cycling instead of keeping all the subs alive and partying.

Why not get one Gauteng province with people that really want to be there, promoting cycling, then at least a champ would be a Champ again and more money would be available for cycling instead of keeping all the subs alive and partying.

Well......it is one championship.  One champ.  It is just different sub provinces that organises the event.

Personally I think this whole system is flawed. 

You used to do champs in order to get provincial colours and in receiving them you raced as a province in you nationals.  Or that is what I thought should have happened.  As it does with other sport.

So to do provincials has no more value in the sense that if you don't compete, you can still go to SAs....you can still race for your club. 

So it boils down to getting your provincial colours......and if that is your thing then you have to attend and try and win.

From Twit land:

"tt will be Saturday from 7am, road race on Sunday - 7am details will be up by COB"

Eish, good tar roads around the Vaal are quite limited and there is a fun ride on Saturday.  The 80km, coincidentally, starts at 7AM as well.  The fun ride does however cross over to the Free State.  Maybe the champs will be held in the Vereeniging/Heidelberg/Suikerbosrand area (pure speculation from my side).

Secondly, by not turning up for the race I, as a weekend warrior and complete outsider, feel that you are wasting a golden opportunity.  Pitch on the day, and have a nice coffee ride.  No racing, no shinanigans, just a nice easy single lap toodle on the course.  During this time discuss the state of affairs and maybe give the "unpowers that are not" a possible solution.  My only concern though is that, if SASCOC is involved, that all you fast guys might be sanctioned and that this will be politicized.

Eish, good tar roads around the Vaal are quite limited and there is a fun ride on Saturday.  The 80km, coincidentally, starts at 7AM as well.  The fun ride does however cross over to the Free State.  Maybe the champs will be held in the Vereeniging/Heidelberg/Suikerbosrand area (pure speculation from my side).

Secondly, by not turning up for the race I, as a weekend warrior and complete outsider, feel that you are wasting a golden opportunity.  Pitch on the day, and have a nice coffee ride.  No racing, no shinanigans, just a nice easy single lap toodle on the course.  During this time discuss the state of affairs and maybe give the "unpowers that are not" a possible solution.  My only concern though is that, if SASCOC is involved, that all you fast guys might be sanctioned and that this will be politicized.

This wont work, for one simple reason. If I ride with another person, I cant just let them finish ahead of me... :ph34r:

ps: why would one be sanctioned for NOT taking part.

I've received a reply from the chief comm - The route I published for the road race is correct but the distances are not confirmed yet.

I hope to receive more details later today, as they were busy on a meeting for the race.

The TT route goes from Daleside towards Kareekloof - same as in 2009.

35-39

The only bit I'm not sure about is the start/finish. If they start at the Circus and use the same neutral zone like R4V or if they get straight onto the circuit at Bosco and do 3.5 laps finishing in the same direction as R4V.

Its killing road cycling to be honest.

killing Vets & Elite racing, as the biggest % of participants at races are the fun riders. Bums in saddles = profit.

It is really pathetic....even Mpumulanga have long already had the details of their provincials out and I am sure Gauteng has a larger competitors list.

I agree with Spinnekop, you should race provincials in order to qualify for SA's, say top 5 of each  cat may enter for example

This way the field will be more competitive and provincials better supported and hopefully organised 

35-39

The only bit I'm not sure about is the start/finish. If they start at the Circus and use the same neutral zone like R4V or if they get straight onto the circuit at Bosco and do 3.5 laps finishing in the same direction as R4V.

Cool Thanks.

Archived