Gauteng Road & TT Champs 2016

Ryinc

Yip they had a full prize giving at about 1.30. All the 50+ category places were announced and medals given.

Ok, I went home long before that!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does Gauteng cycling do for us as cyclists apart from organise a event once a year?

What was the point of Sunday's championship? Did the winners of the various categories get provincial colours? And if they do, then what?

One event.  Once a year.  That is it.

If you win your age cat in 2 consecutive years, you get colours.  A badge you can go hang up on your wall.  You don't get to ride for your province.  You don't get to "represent".

Just does not make sense anymore.

One event.  Once a year.  That is it.

If you win your age cat in 2 consecutive years, you get colours.  A badge you can go hang up on your wall.  You don't get to ride for your province.  You don't get to "represent".

Just does not make sense anymore.

I am assuming that this gets funded partially from the licence fees that we pay CSA? This does not make a lot of sense.

How do these people get elected into the positions they are in?

Do you know there was a events company running yesterdays event? That would not have been cheap.

What does Gauteng cycling do for us as cyclists apart from organise a event once a year?

What was the point of Sunday's championship? Did the winners of the various categories get provincial colours? And if they do, then what?

How big is this organisation? 

Two people, Twenty ?

So in other words how many people's salary am I sponsoring - for doing nothing?

Two people, Twenty ?

You can go read through the documents here http://www.cgcycling.co.za/documents.asp and the constitution http://www.cgcycling.co.za/documents/CGC_Constitution_2005.pdf

Note, I am just sharing their documents and not saying it's great!!

Point 14 in the consitution talks about their vision, mission and objectives.

Point 15 is about the executive composition; "The management and control of the affairs of CGC shall be vested in an Executive consisting of 10 (ten) members who have been members of CGC for at least 12 months." But the current team seems to be less than 10? http://www.cgcycling.co.za/cgc_executive.asp

Last financials were from 2013 that http://www.cgcycling.co.za/cgc_financials.asp but I am sure there are laws for when they should be published so not sure where 2014 and 2015 is?

Equity (net assets) of R666k; Assets of R756k of which R314k debtors, R299k investment account and R143k cash.

Income for the 2013 year was R1123k and expenses R995k

Largest expenses are salaries 30% of expenses, race expenses 10% and interclub & provincial race costs 10%

---

Are there any hub members on the committee or who perhaps go to the meetings?

Two people, Twenty ?

I don't recall voting for anybody to represent me at provincial or for that matter at national level. So why do I pay towards somebody's salary to do absolutely nothing for me?

Does anybody know what this organisation actually does?

Hand timing was used, and confirmed at number collection. No timing mats.

Pity, would have been nice to know where i finished in relation to 45-49 cat within the 40-49 race bunch.

Road race itself was hard and fun.

Warnings were issued at the start of the groups not to cross the white line and keep as far left as possible, so dont be surprised at getting chewed out by the commisaire.

Thanks to Rob and the organisers who still give a damn about road racing to put this together. For many of the road races i see lots of complaints, but the list of guys actually volunteering themselves to go make the difference they are asking for is rather thin indeed.

For your information, Shahad (Chairman) said that all the results will be posted later today on their website.

I know that you have to go on course and write exams to become a Commissaire, but is the qualification local only or is it like a global thing i.e. you can be a Comm for UCI sanctioned events as well?

This looks like the 30-39 finish and there are no timing mats across the finish line, so it doesn't look like any timing company was awarded the tender.

Yip that's us. Thys then Richard and Massimo just behind them.

Was this commasaire from the 50plus cat the lady in the blue Lexus ISF? If so I hear she is quite strict and I also hear she is the wife of one of the riders. But my Intel isn't super reliable.

Us 30 plus guys got DQd the last time we raced at that venue so we know how you feel.

Karan Beef boys were on form, their numbers were a clear advantage, they controlled the race from early on. Matthys is a monster

Archived