Trans Baviaans 2016

Joe Low

Hi There guys & Girls.

Im looking for a entry to the Baviaans on the 13th.

If anyone has one for sale please let me know.

Regards

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At last I have an entry to do this Ride.. A question to the guys that have done it before: what is the majority of the road surface like - smooth or rocky? Would you recommend full suss or hard tail? Cheers

At last I have an entry to do this Ride.. A question to the guys that have done it before: what is the majority of the road surface like - smooth or rocky? Would you recommend full suss or hard tail? Cheers

Very smooth, no real need for full suss unless you are a bit soft  :ph34r:

If you consider the first 100kms of corrugations smooth  :devil:

having said that, I've ridden it once on a full suspension and 3 times on a hardtail. After 100kms the pain is all the same  :blush:

Nonsens man.

No smooth mostly. Will go a bit faster down the mountain with a full sus. But there's always some people even doing it on a rigid fork.

RichB its up to you. 

You can do it on either, choose the one that you feel more comfortable on after 10+ hours in the saddle.

No need to go out and buy a dual suss just for the race, would be a waste. Of course that`s just in my humble opinion.

RichB its up to you. 

You can do it on either, choose the one that you feel more comfortable on after 10+ hours in the saddle.

No need to go out and buy a dual suss just for the race, would be a waste. Of course that`s just in my humble opinion.

Thanks Guys. I think the 10hrs (together with having recently entered my 50s) pretty much settles it.. I have both options, but will probably opt for the Scalpel. Its also got a nice big triple chain set - ideal for long distance hauling - unlike the HT which is 1x11. See you out there, and enjoy the training!

RichB its up to you. 

Agree, full sus probably the better option if you have the choice but if you don't a hardtail will do the job just fine.

RichB its up to you.

plus 1

Hi guys if anyone wants to part ways their entry please pm me

Also willing to take accommodation off your hands if you have paid and booked etc

I watched the YouTube clip & the 2nd placed guys missed a turn but reckons had he loaded the map on his garmin they would not have missed the turn off, anyone tried this before?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What is the perfect tyre choice, seeing that its mostly district roads with the descent at night the trickiest part, will crossmarks front and back work or should go with ardent race/ikon on the front ...

What is the perfect tyre choice, seeing that its mostly district roads with the descent at night the trickiest part, will crossmarks front and back work or should go with ardent race/ikon on the front ...

I rode with Crossmarks last year, no problems.