Meezo

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks this was a gift. Fix worked perfectly, took about an hour to complete all the steps.

Good to see it's still helping others.

I've actually done the same for sram guide brakes as well. Although the steps are bit different.

I need to document it (better) and share

Have a set of SLX that one lever has been weeping fluid from the piston and slightly less bite. Followed your guide for a bit of a clean up, lube and rebuild and it's been happy for the last month. Another thanks from me.

I would be a little concerned that the Titanium pistons you guys are looking at might start to wear the bore of your lever cylinders, rather then the more sacrificial soft plastic part of the original.

I would be a little concerned that the Titanium pistons you guys are looking at might start to wear the bore of your lever cylinders, rather then the more sacrificial soft plastic part of the original.

Doesn't the seal lift/keep the Piston from making hard contact with the bore.

Like hope have been doing alloy pistons for ever and I've never heard of them wearing through the bore of the master cylinder

Doesn't the seal lift/keep the Piston from making hard contact with the bore.

Like hope have been doing alloy pistons for ever and I've never heard of them wearing through the bore of the master cylinder

correct, in extreme cases is most likely the seals can be worn and then what Alouette3 was referring to could happen. Fortunately the pistons i ordered came with a set of seals and I've also ensure i applied some dot grease in the guides.

The seal should keep the two surfaces a part but nothing is perfect, there is a slight sideways force applied, inherent in the action of the lever. The seals are also U-cup and the lip will deform in order to maintain the seal.