Bikehub biggest loser 2015 competition

eddy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is the big day...started with 5 km walk at 5 am.

Weigh in 108.2 kg now to focus on dropping...no more crunchies and mince pie

Let's just put it this way, 'enjoy' is relative I don't mind the way and what I'm eating now but like you say food just isn't a big deal for me. I don't worry about treats and other stuff at all ..... as I've said before I'm one of those that can't have a cheat day or meal or snack so just don't bother.

Been nearly 10 months now and intend to just carry on as it's fast becoming my 'normal' eating plan.

So how did you end So Big Ben? If food is not a big deal for you? I take my hat off for you keep it down!!!

Updated. 94.1, and the challenge is proving it's worth.

I started the thread as I knew that I had a serious problem with one daughter having a 21st last week and another getting married over this last weekend.

The challenge was inspirational in keeping my eating under some sort of control. One slice of cake instead of three. Three glasses of white wine, instead of six beers. An ice lolly instead of a couple of Magnums.

AND, walked the course instead of a cart and a long ride instead of a lie-in and a plate of mince pies with my morning coffee.

In the wise words of James Brown https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlpTRNIAvc

i cannot wait to step on that scale, 

i have given up so many things that i would have originally demolished.

my above post was true until i got on the scale.

i picked up 0.2kg - i am now 119.8kg 

i know that i consumed too much booze this past week, i think i was rewarding myself with beers and wine for not giving in to - cake, chips, chocolates.

stupid me, well done to all whose scale readouts moved in the correct direction.

-1.1 kg for me this week.

A couple of nice 10km trail runs, a few hours on the bike and no beers. 

Hope to maintain this rate, but its going to get tougher...

Down to 108. Was 107.3 around Thursday last week, but the weekend's excess (beer / wine / carbs) really played havoc with the losses I'd already put on the cards. Plus the ride before Friday night's binge was a write-off. Found I have a split in the sidewall after my crash 5 weeks ago, and also found that I can't ride yet. Tend to breathe deeper whilst riding than during any other exercise, and that resulted in me getting HUGE pain in my ribs. I can do spinning at 170bpm, but as soon as it points upwards (on the hills) I go into deep breathing mode and it hurts like feck. 

This is taking longer than I expected. 

Gym it shall be, until I can ride again. 

94.7kg down 1.5

Not been a good week. My back injury has seriously hampered my planned riding. So I have had to watch what I eat while lying on the couch. Only had a handful of shortbread things and chocolates. Off to physio this morning.

94.7kg down 1.5

Not been a good week. My back injury has seriously hampered my planned riding. So I have had to watch what I eat while lying on the couch. Only had a handful of shortbread things and chocolates. Off to physio this morning.

That part is FECKING difficult. 

Archived