Apple watch feedback

Runbikeswim

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. 

So if I have to carry my phone while trail running (avoiding that was my only reasons to get the watch), but is the benefit of running with this watch? 

So if I have to carry my phone while trail running (avoiding that was my only reasons to get the watch), but is the benefit of running with this watch?

It's a smart watch with hr and activity tracking capabilities. Not a gps sports watch with smart capability.

Essentially, it tracks your HR and integrates with your phone. Primary function is as a smart watch.

Region is South Africa and the date and time in the watch and phone is correct [emoji51][emoji51]

Strava release another update, will see if it works accurately on Saturday with the Gran Frodo

The thing with Apple though is the software will be upgradeable across all models. I carry my phone with me regardless so the built in gps wouldn't really make a difference to me. Also, my phone charges when I sleep so that sleep tracker wouldnt work for me as well.

The thing with Apple though is the software will be upgradeable across all models. I carry my phone with me regardless so the built in gps wouldn't really make a difference to me. Also, my phone charges when I sleep so that sleep tracker wouldnt work for me as well.

I reckon they're going to be incorporating more of the 3d touch, and a better battery... 

what is 3d touch?

force touch, aka 3d touch. In place on the watch at the moment, but in a limited capacity. Essentially different behaviour when you press the screen with varying pressure. 

we called it n the other thread about a month ago. 

Now the gamble is - will discovery just continue with the original watch - or incorporate the new one in the deal...

Now the gamble is - will discovery just continue with the original watch - or incorporate the new one in the deal...

I'd imagine it would be the same as it is at the moment. Same coverage ie they cover cost of watch 38mm, you pay in for difference, if any. 

Unless the cost of the new watch is the same as the current one, in which case we pay for new one. 

All just assumption until it happens though. If it were me, I'd wait. 

I'd imagine it would be the same as it is at the moment. Same coverage ie they cover cost of watch 38mm, you pay in for difference, if any. 

Unless the cost of the new watch is the same as the current one, in which case we pay for new one. 

All just assumption until it happens though. If it were me, I'd wait. 

Based on my interpretation of your calculations, I also figured that I should wait for the new year's point system to come along...

Now I might even wait longet...

Hi guys, please bear with my ignorance here. So in order to qualify does one have to have a Discovery credit card?

I get points via Gym membership as well as Garmin Connect, I take it that's something else entirely?