Apple watch feedback

Runbikeswim

If you havent got the watch yet, probably better to wait. The thing is though, Apple tend to delay things. They were talking April in that article, I wouldnt be surprised if gets pushed back till the end of the year. Thats kinda the risk you take.

I would also factor in the R/$ exchange rate... iStore even sent out an e-mail warning of a price increase due to currency volatility.

Current Apple Watch will go up and this will give iStore even more of an excuse to hike the Apple Watch 2 price even higher (well when this is launched).

Back to the topic at hand- I'm not entirely convinced of this whole Apple Watch/Vitality Deal- my friend works at Discovery (senior engineer), working below exco- He mentioned to me that Mr Gore and his minions or should I say actuaries have basically calculated that most people will be paying in by the 4th month.

I also don't like the fact that Discovery didn't outright declare that max weekly goals are 1200 points- makes me wonder... had to call them to find this out.

Also, if you're sick or on holiday- you'll still need to train to get points- they don't care about this. 

I'll wait for feedback from other before I dive in..

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well DC Rainmaker took it swimming in the pool and diving and the watch survived ok

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/05/apple-watch-waterproofing.html

You can find more info on this on the Apple website and various blogs. Water damage will void your warrantee and can not be replaced on this basis:

http://www.cultofmac.com/328280/apple-watch-swim-app-works-but-it-will-void-your-warranty/

Better protect that device than try and convince the sales team at your local Apple shop. 

Yes :) what I said

Well DC Rainmaker took it swimming in the pool and diving and the watch survived ok

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/05/apple-watch-waterproofing.html

You can find more info on this on the Apple website and various blogs. Water damage will void your warrantee and can not be replaced on this basis:

http://www.cultofmac...-your-warranty/

Better protect that device than try and convince the sales team at your local Apple shop. 

Ok Christian....we get it now.....the protectors will soon be available online.....at BaaiSaaikel

:) who knows... It might be there already... And we might have sold about 50 units already ;)

I has a gadget :P So hubby got one on the discovery deal and then I had a FOMO attack... Well actually I was looking for a wrist based heart rate monitor as I get strap chafe :( Have no idea how well this will work but Hubby just happy he is off the Xmas present hook - I wanted a kitten...

Need to buy protection for it but seems like the Discovery craze has diminished the 38mm options available (and I didn't choose the pretty pink one just to cover it!!)

42 mm was just too big for my wrist. Here's hoping I don't fall off my bike tomorrow!

Bloody hell this thing shouts at me if I sit too long!!! [emoji39]

So I got my discovery card.

And I decided I'm going to go for it...

Now. After placing the order. How long does it take to get the watch? Must I specify were I want to pick it up?

(Trying to plan around the holidays at home and away...)

So I got my discovery card.

And I decided I'm going to go for it...

Now. After placing the order. How long does it take to get the watch? Must I specify were I want to pick it up?

(Trying to plan around the holidays at home and away...)

As soon as you have your code you can go to any iStore and they will honor it on the spot (as long as they have stock of what you want).

If my goal is 600 at the moment...if i go the watch route will it increase to 1200 per week?

the goal changes each week, and if I remember correctly, its based on what you input on your online fitness test... I could be wrong.

Point system is totally changing in January. I would wait until the new system is up and running so you know whether you will easily make the goals.

Also m7ght be worth considering waiting for the iwatch v2 which is predicted to come out in March.

i would love to see a side by side comparison of doing that via your wrist vs just using your phone....my guess is that the phone would be quicker and easier

Have been using mine on the wrist for average two flights per week for three months now with zero issues. Also good for Apple Pay, loyalty cards etc etc

Have been using mine on the wrist for average two flights per week for three months now with zero issues. Also good for Apple Pay, loyalty cards etc etc

Is Apple Pay available in SA?

That didnt take too long!

So are you enjoying it?

Got the code online in the morning. Went to Apple store after lunch. They had what I wanted in Stock. And 5 minutes later I got it!

Is awesome. Love it. Will see how the workout goes tomorrow morning