Kleinhans and Reid join new Team Spur

News bot

How embarrassing to be associated with a franchise that promotes itself through cultural misappropriation.

South Africa does not have the same level of political correctness (thank goodness) as the USA. While the Spur imagery is offensive to many Americans it does my have the same significance in SA.

Our venacular includes terms like coloured to describe a person of mixed race. In the USA that would be highly offensive. In SA its accepted.

Same with guys cycling in Lycra showing their knees. In some cultures that's offensive as men should not show their un-covered legs. With all of this you have to consider culture and location.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh there are a lot of joy goblins in this place. This is a good news item, a wonderful thing and all some of you can do is skinner and put it down. Who cares what happened at recm. Spur has obviously put its money where it's mouth is and stepped up to the plate.

I don't eat at spur but respect their decision to positively impact my sport.

How embarrassing to be associated with a franchise that promotes itself through cultural misappropriation. 

Dont get me started on their goodie burger....I mean honestly, who puts pineapple on a burger and gets away with it

#spurmustfall

Are you for real 

If she is concentrating on XCO, why would they schedule James to be at the XCO while she goes to do a marathon?

30 January
SA Cup Series XCO #1
Mankele, Mpumalanga
(James)

30 January
Ashburton Investments National MTB Series #1
Meerendal, Western Cape
(Ariane)

am keen to see her race XCO, get a ZA passport and go to Rio for us.

Here's a little bit of clarity, for anyone interested.

Ariane will continue to race XCM and use XCO races, including select UCI World Cup races, as a way to sharpen her tactical and technical skills. XCO provides challenging obstacles and a high-pressure environment, not to mention fierce competition at the top level. She is throwing herself in the deep end to make sure she emerges a more complete rider. It's a commitment to continous improvement on the journey to becoming a stronger and faster rider.

She remains very focused on winning her third Absa Cape Epic Women's title with multiple World Champ (and good friend) Annika Langvad. XCM World Champs is the other big goal for the year.

Watch this space...

I think she would be a great asset for Specialized factory racing. Wonder why they don't consider signing her

Edited by Jaco-fiets

I think she would be a great asset for Specialized factory racing. Wonder why they don't consider signing her

My thoughts exactly! 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know where I can buy spur-specialized pants?

Your local spur hands it out with a sausy burger on special night