Touring suggestion?

Sepia

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:

I finally made the shift this week end… here is my new bike… huge shift from the Giant Anthem.

Cant wait to take it on a nice little trip…

attachicon.gifTCX-SLR-2-Black-White-angle.jpg

Exactly what I wanted but Cyclesphere here in Durban could not get one for me.

So I had to make a plan so for R3500 landed, I think I did o'k.

Colour - need to be seen (anything but black!)

Exactly what I wanted but Cyclesphere here in Durban could not get one for me.

So I had to make a plan so for R3500 landed, I think I did o'k.

Colour - need to be seen (anything but black!)

Just still need to change the handle bar... one on the way from Cycletouring...

and ill need to make a new frame bag...

Just still need to change the handle bar... one on the way from Cycletouring...

and ill need to make a new frame bag...

Agree.  Those bars are not lekker. I used a Portola bar and I am more than happy with it.  It has a longer grip than than the Midge.

Not getting a Jones Bar are you? :drool:

nope, want to stick the hood shifters for now... 

getting this

http://www.cycletouring.co.za/images/granfondo.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice Freak.  Hope for not too hot weather.

I am planning of "going South" end March perhaps.

south????  :w00t:

My Lesotho trip is still in the pipe line somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Is there like a mapped route - have you ever had a chance to finish? We haven't had a chance to come to KZN yet, but keen to this this winter!

Maybe something between Harrismith and Pietermarizburg? Do you know of any amazing back routes there going through? Which one would that be? We will be able to ride between 60 and 100 kms and ca 1500elevation gain per day. I googled the "KZN Meander" map but it seems to be more for motorbikes and is not really helpful for cyclists if one does not know the area. We have about 5 - 10 days time which ideally we would leave the car at one spot, spend cycling from farm to farm or town to town to explore...and back to the car a couple of days later.

The other alternative would be travelling by car and just stopping the famous MTB trails you mentioned. But this only is Plan B.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Hi there,

Is there like a mapped route - have you ever had a chance to finish? We haven't had a chance to come to KZN yet, but keen to this this winter!

Maybe something between Harrismith and Pietermarizburg? Do you know of any amazing back routes there going through? Which one would that be? We will be able to ride between 60 and 100 kms and ca 1500elevation gain per day. I googled the "KZN Meander" map but it seems to be more for motorbikes and is not really helpful for cyclists if one does not know the area. We have about 5 - 10 days time which ideally we would leave the car at one spot, spend cycling from farm to farm or town to town to explore...and back to the car a couple of days later.

The other alternative would be travelling by car and just stopping the famous MTB trails you mentioned. But this only is Plan B.

Best regards

If I may reply.

On no account are to to even contemplate the "Midlands Meander"  It is just not safe anymore.

I will PM you some details if needed as I have done this area several times and would sincerely avoid the Midlands at all costs.

Hi there,

Best regards

Hi Nofuss,

I've done the mapped route below three times before and would highly recommend it. If you wanted to extend it an option which comes to mind that I would like to do in the near future is to add on nottingham road-lotheni-himeville (Berg 100 route) and even add on a Bushmans Nek loop if you so desire. Give me a shout if you want more details.

post-39150-0-71948900-1454654902_thumb.jpg

for a moment i thought, WHAT A LEGEND and then I saw that you weren't actually touring with a braai fixed to your seatpost...

the sadle bad is black, so it blended in a bit on the picture