Touring suggestion?

Sepia

:thumbup:

the sadle bad is black, so it blended in a bit on the picture

Was a bit concerned at you taking your comforts that seriously!

Nice bag and the bike is also ok!!!! 

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a bit concerned at you taking your comforts that seriously!

Nice bag and the bike is also ok!!!! 

...bike is also ok....

LOL, im super pleased with this hay...

I did a little weekend bike tour with the wife and friends in Texel last year. We loved it. Looking to do loads more touring when the weather is kinder. Also looking at getting a smaller tent for when it's just me. 

Used Dutch commuter bikes, worked a charm. 

post-43518-0-65601100-1516186982_thumb.jpg

Outdoor cooking.

post-43518-0-76667000-1516187064_thumb.jpg

The tent is a Bergans of Norway Fjell 3. 2.9kg 

post-43518-0-09773200-1516187268_thumb.jpg

Everything goes on the back and the rack. 

post-43518-0-23408300-1516187498_thumb.jpg

Cycling on dirt with Dutch bikes is no problem.

post-43518-0-04514000-1516187622_thumb.jpg

...bike is also ok....

LOL, im super pleased with this hay...

As I mentioned earlier, I so dearly wanted one.

Had to settle for a cheap London Road.  It seems better than originally thought.

Done an all nighter on it and it was fine.

As I mentioned earlier, I so dearly wanted one.

Had to settle for a cheap London Road.  It seems better than originally thought.

Done an all nighter on it and it was fine.

Using cheaper bikes for whatever purpose has its merits!

You save money which frees up cash for extras like tents, cookware, suncream...

The bikes can be a little heavier than their more pricey cousins, but that won't affect much when you are starting to pack on the weight! 

As long as you have a good saddle, good tyres and the right size bike then you're good to go! 

Using cheaper bikes for whatever purpose has its merits!

You save money which frees up cash for extras like tents, cookware, suncream...

The bikes can be a little heavier than their more pricey cousins, but that won't affect much when you are starting to pack on the weight! 

As long as you have a good saddle, good tyres and the right size bike then you're good to go! 

This is so very true and very well put.

Exactly what I have - very happy indeed.

Hi all you clever people, why would my HR do this on my Edge810? The Pemium belt is clean and I replaced the battery...

Is the belt faulty?

post-12987-0-32673400-1516609381_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Completed this morning.  Just need to pack the bags and then time to punish the body.

Nice!

How are you finding the Jones Bars?

Nice!

How are you finding the Jones Bars?

Dusty, I promise you, I never thought they would be so good.  Far better than what I thought and worth every penny on this expensive piece of equipment.  Did not have to get used to them, they just "fitted".

Out of 10....I would say 9/10 because of the weight but I am not a weight weenie so I reckon 10/10.

I have tried many, many bars and these are the best yet- used Woodchipper, Portola, Carnegie, Mary, Luxy, Midge and others.

Edited by Sepia

Dusty, I promise you, I never thought they would be so good.  Far better than what I thought and worth every penny on this expensive piece of equipment.  Did not have to get used to them, they just "fitted".

Out of 10....I would say 9/10 because of the weight but I am not a weight weenie so I reckon 10/10.

I have tried many, many bars and these are the best yet- used Woodchipper, Portola, Carnegie, Midge and others. 

Good to hear. I got given a pair and I am battling to make them work for my hands, but I think it may be because of the preexisting nerve damage because of overuse. 

I will persevere with them a bit.

Edited by Dusty

Good to hear. I got given a pair and I am battling to make them work for my hands, but I think it may be because of the preexisting nerve damage because of overuse. 

I will persevere with them a bit.

I fear they may not work for your nerve damage?  They sort of fit right away in my case.  Don't think I have been able to make bars fit?

I have two layers of bar tape on top of 5mm  crushed foam and it seems to be holding and feels fantastic.  Maybe this will help?

Very cool. My bike is also ready. I leave Friday for Namibia. I only have to be there in 4 weeks so very chilled and fun ride. Nice setup you have there. I also only have rear panniers. If I am not mistaken I have the same front dyno as you. I tried it on Saturday and it is excellent. It charged my Garmin from 20% to 100% battery in an hour and a half's ride. I was super impressed.

Safe travels mate. How about a pic of your setup?

Let us know how it goes?

Yes, the Dynamo makes things easier to manage. Power never becomes a problem.

Did you get the Cyclek system?

Yes i did. Awesome setup. I am having issues trying to upload photos. Will try again this evening. Getting nervous now as this is my first tour. But also excited.

first of many!

i hope so. This trip will be a massive learning curve.

its a massive trip to start out with...

best of luck

Yes i did. Awesome setup. I am having issues trying to upload photos. Will try again this evening. Getting nervous now as this is my first tour. But also excited.

Nah, you will be fine, for sure.  

You said you will not be racing so you can rest-up if needed and smell the roses.  Nice trip you have on the cards and I hope the wind does not mess with your plans.