Bike Hub weight loss challenge 2016

Bikehub weight loss competition  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

Guess we all have the issue with water. I see it all the time, and that's why in the 1 week that I did only indoor training and didn't drink much at all, I lost 3kg.

Have another plan that I am starting next week and will only ride indoors for 2 weeks. Let's see how that goes

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekend is done...everyone feeling guilty from all the *** they ate and drank...last night and this morning i decided to try burn a few calories spinning...good tip from a mate...check out the GCN spinning classes on you tube...what a pleasure...and even better if also have an IDT [emoji6]

Weekend is done...everyone feeling guilty from all the *** they ate and drank...last night and this morning i decided to try burn a few calories spinning...good tip from a mate...check out the GCN spinning classes on you tube...what a pleasure...and even better if also have an IDT [emoji6]

Stunning tips on the GCN stuff.  Now just to get my health back up again...

Dunno wtf happened. 110. Had the build day in tokai on Saturday which was brutal, so maybe still water retention? Dunno. Hitting weights later today to switch it up.

Dunno wtf happened. 110. Had the build day in tokai on Saturday which was brutal, so maybe still water retention? Dunno. Hitting weights later today to switch it up.

How much water must one drink to have a 'water retention' issue ;)

How much water must one drink to have a 'water retention' issue ;)

Dunno dude. Apparently it's due to not eating enough during the week... dunno. Gonna carry on and hope it's just a blip

Are you still restricting your calories so hectically? Your body might be thinking it's starving and it's being chased by a lion and better hold on to everything it's got ??? I know if I go too hard, this happens to me. No quick fixes... 

On the other hand if you can handle it mentally and push through, the weight will come down - maybe don't worry about the scale.

Are you still restricting your calories so hectically? Your body might be thinking it's starving and it's being chased by a lion and better hold on to everything it's got ??? I know if I go too hard, this happens to me. No quick fixes...

On the other hand if you can handle it mentally and push through, the weight will come down - maybe don't worry about the scale.

Not as severely, no. It may be that after a week of 1200 intake and so much exercise that as soon as I increased intake, it went moggy and held on to all of it. But anyway, still gonna soldier on.

Not as severely, no. It may be that after a week of 1200 intake and so much exercise that as soon as I increased intake, it went moggy and held on to all of it. But anyway, still gonna soldier on.

Yeah, I think focus on the process and use other markers besides the scale for progress, eventually the scale will catch up. 

90.5 this morning. Had a very clean weekend and mixed up the cycling with some weights yesterday. the lowest i've seen on the scale was 87kg in March so need to push to get below that, ideally by end August.

like i have said before...never take weight loss advise from a fat guy...i am a fat guy ;)

cut the junk...all the junk.

stop eating when you feel full or do what i have been doing...i take my afros...eat slowly and when i feel like i have had enough...i put it into a takeaway box and finish it later in the day.

eat  when you get the munchies not when you feel like you could eat the hind leg off a moving cow...if you do only eat when you are starving make sure you take a small portion otherwise you gona much the whole and feel bloated at the eat and wish you didnt.

according to myfitnesspal  it am not eating enough everyday...my weight is dropping very very slowly...however the physical results are huge...moved 2 holes on my belt this weekend...and i only rode the IDT last night and this morning...check out the spinning classes ;)

putting your body into starvation mode isn't going to help. Eat smaller meals, snack on healthy bits like nuts and have a fruit or few when you have a junk craving. The natural sugars in fruit is not bad and still better than a chocolate bar.

also remember to eat foods with good nutritional value especially if you training. Salads fill you up but don't add much value to your recovery or fuel requirements.

Dunno dude. Apparently it's due to not eating enough during the week... dunno. Gonna carry on and hope it's just a blip

It can also be from dehydration due to exercise/not drinking enough... The brutal build day at Tokai might have contributed to the water retention  :mellow:

I know you okes are going to get cross with me but it seems inconceivable to me that one can cut calories to such an extent and not only not lose weight but actually put on? I mean where can your body get anything from to be adding ....

is there not a case for not only cutting calories but also be careful what you are eating ... Captain since you use FitnessPal or whatever it is called could you perhaps show what you have eaten in the last week?

My thinking is just cause you have so many calories per day does it mean you could just eat say chocolates for that amount or pizza or whatever .... does it have an influence I wonder?

In my case I know that carbs (specifically bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, crisps and so on) are my kryptonite so to speak.

Footnote - you okes know I'm not buying the water 'retention' thing  :ph34r:

Edited by NotSoBigBen