Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

Ive tried OSMC in the past. found it was slow compared with OpenElec.

anyway back up and running

Tried Libre, But couldn't get YouTube to run Ect.. so reloaded Openelec and everything back to normal.

I Now have to re-read this thread as I'm starting to stream more than i download...

need a good few channels for movies and series, and want t try watch the Le Tour, any suggestions?

Install FTV repository and the FTV Addon along with the FTV Guide.  UK Channel ITV 4 will show the TdF live and every evening (around 8pm) have an hour long highlights package.

Using the FTV Guide will give you an EPG and you will be able to see when live

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Install FTV repository and the FTV Addon along with the FTV Guide.  UK Channel ITV 4 will show the TdF live and every evening (around 8pm) have an hour long highlights package.

Using the FTV Guide will give you an EPG and you will be able to see when live

I tried understanding what you typed, but failed miserably!

basically get the repository or download source page.. Kodi's version of the app store.. except you can have multiple app stores..

then find and install FTV or FilmOn-TV app which lets you watch Live Tv,

also Download the FTV - Guide.. Lets you see what showing when.. kind like DSTV's channel Guide.. FTV is Useless without it.

basically get the repository or download source page.. Kodi's version of the app store.. except you can have multiple app stores..

also Download the FTV - Guide.. Lets you see what showing when.. kind like DSTV's channel Guide.. FTV is Useless without it.

kief thanks .... I would assume the above is also available for android.

kief thanks .... I would assume the above is also available for android.

My friends at Google showed this:

Tutorial How to Install FTV (FilmOn.TV) Kodi

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-ftv-filmon-for-xbmc/

If you installed Kodi and installed the fusion wizard https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Once installed, navigate to Programs and Addon installer, then search.  Type in FTV, then install FTV Repository, FTV and FTV Guide

You will then be able to run the TV Guide and see what is on... and when the TdF is on ITV4 

Got my LTE activated today. Can't wait to get home and see how it performs  :thumbup:

Interested to see how close I get to the claimed 90Mbps.....

I've got a Raspberry Pi (version 1/B - the 512mb one) that i want to rededicate as a media player. I specifically am looking to use it to stream sports - 

Any suggestions with a slant towards using them locally?

I used to use raspbmc - worked fine, but see it has now been moved to a new platform (https://osmc.tv/download/).

I've got a Raspberry Pi (version 1/B - the 512mb one) that i want to rededicate as a media player. I specifically am looking to use it to stream sports - 

Any suggestions with a slant towards using them locally?

I used to use raspbmc - worked fine, but see it has now been moved to a new platform (https://osmc.tv/download/).

I use openelectv on Raspbpi, works fine.  Install the Sportsdevil addon and you will be able to get all the sky sports channels and others.

I started with the RP1, and now have a RP2 and RP3, each version faster than the last

Hey Guys, need your help here please cause I am gonna lose my marbles (or ceramic bearings if you like) here…

So I got the internet connection set up. It was super expensive (3K) for the installation. Now I am still waiting for my media player in the mail for the tv’s (another R800). I am paying R699 a month for my internet. So I spent all this money and this weekend it was such a mission still to watch the cycling!

Here is what I did:

I have a very nice 55” UHD in the lounge. Is a smart TV so I just installed the RedbullTV app whilst I wait for the media player/centre. It was ridiculous how bad the image quality is. I could not even see who the cyclist was on the TV for the Men’s XCO. So then I went to my PC and used the RedbullTV add on in Kodi. Same story. It was terrible. I then tried my iPad, better quality on the screen but the live video feed did not connect. I eventually got to watch from lap 3 onwards from my iPhone on the redbulltv website. So I went from a 55” down to a freaken iPhone. COME ON!! Why did I pay this money?....

OK, so I calmed down and whilst watching the iPhone searched on UKTV & Sportdevil for the XCO to see if the image quality might be better than the Redbulltv add-on. And guess what, I could not find any freaken other stream to watch it. Nothing.... Nada! Wat did you guys use to watch it on?

I was hoping to watch the tour de france on the tv as well, but when you go on Steephill on the TV’s browser and use the open links (ESPN as an example), the video feed does not start. It needs some type of codex.

The PC I use does not have bad spec (not the latest, but not bad) and everything in the house is connected on the same internet connection. There is no buffering so I assume the internet speed is sharp (6mbs at the tv).

I don’t know what to do. I rarely watch TV, and in the case I would like to this shiat happens….. How did you guys go about for TDF & XCO this past weekend?

What line speed did you get installed, I would recommend nothing less than 4mbs... and also check to make sure you are getting that speed.

For the XCO cannot tell you which is the best to watch it on.

For the TdF, if you are running Kodi, install the FTV addon (repo) and UK Channel ITV4 has it live every day from around 2pm and then a highlights package at 8pm every evening.

Hey Guys, need your help here please cause I am gonna lose my marbles (or ceramic bearings if you like) here…

So I got the internet connection set up. It was super expensive (3K) for the installation. Now I am still waiting for my media player in the mail for the tv’s (another R800). I am paying R699 a month for my internet. So I spent all this money and this weekend it was such a mission still to watch the cycling!

Here is what I did:

I have a very nice 55” UHD in the lounge. Is a smart TV so I just installed the RedbullTV app whilst I wait for the media player/centre. It was ridiculous how bad the image quality is. I could not even see who the cyclist was on the TV for the Men’s XCO. So then I went to my PC and used the RedbullTV add on in Kodi. Same story. It was terrible. I then tried my iPad, better quality on the screen but the live video feed did not connect. I eventually got to watch from lap 3 onwards from my iPhone on the redbulltv website. So I went from a 55” down to a freaken iPhone. COME ON!! Why did I pay this money?....

OK, so I calmed down and whilst watching the iPhone searched on UKTV & Sportdevil for the XCO to see if the image quality might be better than the Redbulltv add-on. And guess what, I could not find any freaken other stream to watch it. Nothing.... Nada! Wat did you guys use to watch it on?

I was hoping to watch the tour de france on the tv as well, but when you go on Steephill on the TV’s browser and use the open links (ESPN as an example), the video feed does not start. It needs some type of codex.

The PC I use does not have bad spec (not the latest, but not bad) and everything in the house is connected on the same internet connection. There is no buffering so I assume the internet speed is sharp (6mbs at the tv).

I don’t know what to do. I rarely watch TV, and in the case I would like to this shiat happens….. How did you guys go about for TDF & XCO this past weekend?

Lately Redbull TV's streaming has been utter $h!t. I have a 10mb line and can only watch on 420p if I'm lucky, 360p seams stable. Last year I could watch at 720p with no issues.

I have tested the line and it's better that it was last year so must have something to do with Redbull's encoding as YouTube doesn't have any issues at 1080p.  

at R699..i would expect you have a 10Mb line installed at least. For things to look good at 55" I reckon you gonna have to stream at 720p at least. Do a speedtest and see what you actually getting. Redbull TV auto decides your resolution. I always set mine to 480p and can watch comfortably and cleanly enough on my 40" telly. 

TDF - is gonna be harder - ITV or filmontv only give you a SD feed - i think 360p at best...might look a bit shitty on 55"

I installed the RedBull TV on Kodi but couldn't watch due to quality. And no sound. Watched on iPad at decent quality with sound.

I'm also on a 10mb Adsl but get max 4mb. Thinking of replacing with LTE as there is space in the towers in my area. R799 x 24 uncapped

I had a good Red Bull TV stream going this weekend  (720) for both races on my 10 Mbps line, plus a 1/2 decent TdF video stream going at the same time,  ISP: Web Africa Uncapped, OS:WIndows

I would recommend firstly checking your local link speed, then do a speed test, then look at the ISP aspect if you are still having hassles, but I don't think it was or is an issue with RBTV - they are one outfit that are really getting this online streaming thing right.

You might also try the same on a laptop on the same link to rule out any app gremlins

Edited by kosmonooit

Had an interesting conversation with a lady from Telkom yesterday. Turns out that my stupidly slow line speed is as a result of them upgrading my line speed and taking my money for the last two months and not updating my data package.... That was still set at 2Mbs uncapped and that is where your download speed is set apparently. 

It has been referred to the billing department who I am assured will pass a credit for the last two months and get everything sorted just in time for them to disconnect the service...

On the LTE side.... well still waiting for someone to come and install my antenna (I am sure that these okes all operate on Windows time...) Line speed fluctuates badly. Getting from as low as 0.4Mbs up to a max of 14Mbs which is a far cry from the claimed 90Mbs that they are offering (They do say "up to" in the add). The latency is off the charts much to the disgust of my gaming teenage son. Last night we saw 1014ms.... It has been as low as 55ms but that must have been a once off.

I am sure it has a lot to do with the installation though. I am less than 2km from the exchange where the antenna is mounted. Almost line of site. Here is hoping that a contractor gets my job card and comes and sorts this installation out soon!