Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

Thanks shaper, I actually thought as much... but was hoping against hope that I may have missed something. 

So basically as I understand it I have to watch it live or otherwise hope to find a feed similar to series and movies which will have a "vault" of past events or highlights.

Will still scratch around, though. Sure to shout if I do stumble across something.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks shaper, I actually thought as much... but was hoping against hope that I may have missed something. 

So basically as I understand it I have to watch it live or otherwise hope to find a feed similar to series and movies which will have a "vault" of past events or highlights.

Will still scratch around, though. Sure to shout if I do stumble across something.

There are a few sites around that facilitate the sharing of such information..... :ph34r:

The files are usually available for download within 24hrs of broadcast.

Well at least that is what I have heard.....  :whistling:

Probably a lot easier than trying to set up a PVR function within Kodi from the sounds of things

I got introduced to an app called SYBU Kodi - works very well. Not as easy as a keyboard, but it's 100% wireless/dongle-less.

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple7/v4/40/8d/61/408d618d-3b33-913f-d308-56d524125233/screen322x572.jpeghttp://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple7/v4/40/8d/61/408d618d-3b33-913f-d308-56d524125233/screen322x572.jpeg

There is an official kodi remote for android phones too - works very welll - Kore - worth a try too.

Epic fail... my keyboard arrived today. I ordered the Bluetooth version and my box doesn't have Bluetooth....[emoji24] anybody want to swap for a 2.4Ghz version? Alternatively it's for sale. R500 postage included. Brand new

Epic fail... my keyboard arrived today. I ordered the Bluetooth version and my box doesn't have Bluetooth....[emoji24] anybody want to swap for a 2.4Ghz version? Alternatively it's for sale. R500 postage included. Brand new

Does it not come with a bluetooth usb to plug into your box? Often found in a nifty storage space inside with the battery. Alternatively buy a bluetooth usb.

2.4GHz come with a usb you plug into the box.

Does it not come with a bluetooth usb to plug into your box? Often found in a nifty storage space inside with the battery. Alternatively buy a bluetooth usb.

2.4GHz come with a usb you plug into the box.

Nothing inside the nifty little storage compartment... that's when I got that sinking feeling. Opened it up and it was empty. Will see if I can find a dongle this weekend and try it.

so little update.on my system..

I got my second Pi, its running Raspbian, loaded with Bittorrent and Sonarr, attached to my 2 hard drives of series, and a 3rd for handling of the downloaded files, 

Sonarr checks for new episodes, downloads via Bittorent, renames and places the episode into the correct folder. all in the background.

my original Pi, is still attached to my Tv and is there Purely to handle the streaming from the second Pi..

Must admit my setup works better than anticipated...

very little issues. and can monitor the progress using my laptop. I've also Mapped my hard drives so can be accessed directly over Wi-fi.

so little update.on my system..

I got my second Pi, its running Raspbian, loaded with Bittorrent and Sonarr, attached to my 2 hard drives of series, and a 3rd for handling of the downloaded files,

Sonarr checks for new episodes, downloads via Bittorent, renames and places the episode into the correct folder. all in the background.

my original Pi, is still attached to my Tv and is there Purely to handle the streaming from the second Pi..

Must admit my setup works better than anticipated...

very little issues. and can monitor the progress using my laptop. I've also Mapped my hard drives so can be accessed directly over Wi-fi.

You know that by posting this you have to share the setup and "how-to" for the tech-illiterate folk (like me and others) out there?

You know that by posting this you have to share the setup and "how-to" for the tech-illiterate folk (like me and others) out there?

HaHa..lol suppose I'll give you a pointer ,

step 1: get second Pi (i'm using the new Pi3) something like this

step 2: install Raspbian

step 3: install Samba: http://www.howtogeek.com/139433/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-a-low-power-network-storage-device/

step 4: check sharing.

step 5: install Sonarr. add series, look here

step 6: install bit torrent, try this..

hope this helps

Edited by tedibear

Thanks tedibear.

Most of it sounds easy (read: heard or read about it somewhere).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@GeraldM24

Its mostly easy... Sometimes frustrating ... just be prepared to spend a few hours setting it up and redoing steps..

just have fun and experiment till you get it right..

Keyboard went back to Takealot this week. Payment was refunded in full  :thumbup:

I fiddled around with a Bluetooth dongle and the keyboard for the whole weekend trying to get it to work. When you plug the Bluetooth dongle in and download a Bluetooth short cut app (You need the app to access the Bluetooth setting) you can see the switch but you can't turn it on  :cursing:

I ended up sending it back and just ordered a 2,4Ghz Rii from China. 

Takealot used to have them but they are no longer available. Even the generic ones are out of stock...

The wait begins....

One can get Zoweetek ones locally that have their own wireless dongle and that work fine on these Android boxes

ie

http://zoweetek.en.ec21.com/Ultra_Mini_Bluetooth_Keyboard_with--5290609.html

Get in touch I can assist

Thanks for the offer kosmonooit, but I have already placed the order and paid for it. 

I am currently using a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse that is working fine, but just a bit big. The Rii will be nice and compact  :thumbup: