iPhone Mount for MTB

Muttley

Hi all,

I've been toying with the idea of getting an iPhone 6 mount for my MTB as an alternative to splurging on a dedicated bike gps such as a Garmin Edge 520 (+- R5500). 

I was thinking of getting a Wahoo cadence sensor and using this with my Wahoo Tickr HR monitor, all feeding into Strava while riding. 

In terms of the actual bike mounts, I've considered the 2 following options:

or

My Bike's stem is 75 mm so not sure if the Quad Lock option will work. 

At this stage, besides the price, I'm keener on the Rokform option as I like how you can adjust the angle and it looks quite rad.

I haven't been able to find any local re sellers of the Rokform option, can anyone help with this?

Any thoughts on the above would greatly be appreciated...

You also considered the replacement/damage repair costs for the Iphone 6 should you crash on your MTB?

Think there was a thread recently where a hubber got quoted R2500 to fix a screen after a MTB wipeout https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/156725-iphone-6-screen-replacement/

There quite a few Garmin Edge 500 for R2500 in the classifieds which will do all that you need... and you get the HRM and other accessories 

Edit: found link to screen replacement cost

I had the i5 Quadlock and have just bought the i6.  Fantastic, plus comes with the "poncho" for wet weather.  Should be fine with the 75mm stem.

The Quadlock works really well. I keep the case on my phone all the time as it thin and makes the phone easy to hold.

When riding, it locks on easy on to the bike.

I'll have a look thanks

You also considered the replacement/damage repair costs for the Iphone 6 should you crash on your MTB?

Think there was a thread recently where a hubber got quoted R2500 to fix a screen after a MTB wipeout https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/156725-iphone-6-screen-replacement/

There quite a few Garmin Edge 500 for R2500 in the classifieds which will do all that you need... and you get the HRM and other accessories 

Edit: found link to screen replacement cost

iPhone is fully insured so if it breaks, I guess I'll claim. I know that sometimes they can't repair the screen so they just replace the phone- I confirmed this with my insurer but thanks for the input.

I'll have a look at in the hub classifieds for some other options.

Thanks- where can you get these?

I couldn't find a SA dealer on their website

Any shop that deals with the local agent, Supersport Cycles, should stock or be able to get you Topeak stuff.

Stand corrected, but the last Topeak case I bought was a little over R500, and the fixer thing I posted about R80.      

Archived