Advertorial Review: Aramex Global Shopper

Iwan Kemp

As far as I know they are the same guys that have taken 1 1/2 weeks to send my bike from the Cape to Pretoria, so my opinion is pretty low at this point.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Aramex Global Shopper a lot, decent prices and very reliable if compared to SA Postal services. It also helps when US or UK local shipping is free to the Aramex offices.

Payments are handled via Paypal and all shipping includes to door delivery.

If I remember, packages upto 500g/1lbs is R175 without customs from the US.

Very heavy parts like car brake rotors is a no no with this service.

Hi Bike Hubbers, thanks for signing up to Aramex Global Shopper!

Here's a 10% shipping discount* code for you to use when paying for any shipments before 31 March 2016. Just apply this code - SHIP10BH - at checkout. 

*Discount applies to shipping charges only, and not SA Customs duties and taxes. 

Its asking $45 for lifetime membership, its not accepting your promo code SHIP10BH

Sorry about that. Had the wrong code for the registration.

Enter the discount registration code AGS10BH at the checkout stage of the registration process. The discounted shipping code is SHIP10BH.

Aramex Global Shopper's FAQ indicate that we are liable to pay for VAT in the country of purchase, do they then claim back the VAT on our behalf when the goods leave the country of origin?

Aramex Global Shopper's FAQ indicate that we are liable to pay for VAT in the country of purchase, do they then claim back the VAT on our behalf when the goods leave the country of origin?

That's a good point, local shipping address(Ags regional address) in Eu/UK means the retailer will charge vat/local taxes at checkout, makes it a little less attractive :( Edited by Skylark

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about that. Had the wrong code for the registration.

Enter the discount registration code AGS10BH at the checkout stage of the registration process. The discounted shipping code is SHIP10BH.

Hi

I tried the promo code AGS10BH but I get an "invalid promo code" error

Hi

I tried the promo code AGS10BH but I get an "invalid promo code" error

Registration code has expired. Shipping code still valid.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good point, local shipping address(Ags regional address) in Eu/UK means the retailer will charge vat/local taxes at checkout, makes it a little less attractive :(

good point, when using chain / wiggle vat is excluded if your destination is South Africa.

If shipping in the UK you pay tax.

With the registration code expired, I can't see saffers forking out $45 to join the program..

Actually, that should be waived completely - no reason for this to exist in the first place.

It'll just stop me from ever using the service in the first place, as I never foresee buying that much stuff from overseas to save R1000 over and above the issues like warranty replacements etc etc when buying internationally.

With the registration code expired, I can't see saffers forking out $45 to join the program..

Actually, that should be waived completely - no reason for this to exist in the first place.

It'll just stop me from ever using the service in the first place, as I never foresee buying that much stuff from overseas to save R1000 over and above the issues like warranty replacements etc etc when buying internationally.

Always check via Google there is a $10 code on another local site tech girl or something.

• 1 month later...

I have been using this service for a number of years and sadly have to report that it is no longer what it used to be, so much so that I have gone from singing their praises to logging complaints on Hellopeter.  To illustrate just how bad it has become: I placed two international orders last week.  One from CRC where I used CRC delivery service which goes through the Post Office on arrival in SA and the other from JensonUSA using Aramex.  Both orders were placed on the same day.  Interestingly both packages entered SA on 28/04.  But here's the killer: the package from CRC (using the Post Office) was delivered to my door on 29/04.  The package coming in via Aramex has only been released from customs today (4/05) and with a ton of luck, will be delivered tomorrow (5/05).  The logical deduction is that this service is now significantly slower than the Post Office.

Edited by chuckza

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez wanted to sign up for this now but the $45 registration is a massive one. Anyone know of similar service for cheaper registration? Rather pay more per parcel than a massive registration fee.

Jeez wanted to sign up for this now but the $45 registration is a massive one. Anyone know of similar service for cheaper registration? Rather pay more per parcel than a massive registration fee.

Have a look on Google there's normally a code available on some sa blog somewhere.