Two cyclists killed in KZN

Vetseun

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well holy shibbles that is ridiculous. Have we gotten that sensitive as a society that if someone makes a blapse they must be fired and dumped by sponsors?

Fark me what a bunch of wet pantied suits.

Sure what he said was dumbass and insensitive but fired? Jeeez.

Yes, and no.

I think the south african culture of taking offense at ever opportunity is to blame. I have to my unfortunate dismay delved into the deeper depth of twitter, and it makes this idiots statement look like a sundayschool prayer.

Before social media, a statement like the supposed celeb made would have been around a braai, or the table at the pub, his mates would have thought harhar, funny joke. Thats the end of it.

Now, the same tjop makes the "joke" on social media, all of a sardine his audience is bigger that the mates at the table, and there are thousands ready to take offence about a poor taste joke.

Yes, people are over sensitive these days, but in the same light, this twitter joker gave as much thought about the consequences of his supposed joke, as the driver of the gti when he got behind the wheel drunk, as do cyclists who ride their bikes on freeways. As do peple who try and cross freeways on foot, as does speeding motorcyclists as does blue light brigades.

I may be very unpopular with my last statement but the facts remain.

Edited by RocknRolla

Yes, and no.

I think the south african culture of taking offense at ever opportunity is to blame. I have to my unfortunate dismay delved into the deeper depth of twitter, and it makes this idiots statement look like a sundayschool prayer.

Before social media, a statement like the supposed celeb made would have been around a braai, or the table at the pub, his mates would have thought harhar, funny joke. Thats the end of it.

Now, the same tjop makes the "joke" on social media, all of a sardine his audience is bigger that the mates at the table, and there are thousands ready to take offence about a poor taste joke.

Yes, people are over sensitive these days, but in the same light, this twitter joker gave as much thought about the consequences of his supposed joke, as the driver of the gti when he got behind the wheel drunk, as do cyclists who ride their bikes on freeways. As do peple who try and cross freeways on foot, as does speeding motorcyclists as does blue light brigades.

I may be very unpopular with my last statement but the facts remain.

In the height of all the sensitivity his joke was tasteless and it also shows no compassion to the families who lost a loved one....as a radio personality it becomes even a bigger issue as he has a duty to his listeners and those listeners may have been friends and family of the deceased...what he did was irresponsible...dumb and cold hearted.....I reckon he is losing his job because he is in the eyes and ears of the public via radio....losing his job is pretty hectic and I sincerely believe a knee jerk reaction from his employer (and I agree with much of what Eldron said)....but his employer being a media based medium serving the public made a logical decision to protect their own interest and public image......just my 1 cent worth .....

People say stuff without thinking on a daily basis in every situation.

If a person is in the public eye, and has a bigger audience than a couple of people around the watercooler, or is in a position of power, they should have a serious guard on their mouths.

I think these so called radio personalities become so high on the perceived "power" they have, and the popularity, that social media becomes an ego stroking mechanism, where stuff gets said not to get a message across, but to see how many thumbs up or likes or kudus (sic) or whatever they can generate.

Suppose forums are the same?

But we are straying off topic again. Apologies to the OP

No ways a black GTi from Phoenix is rocking tiny 17" mags...

check the pics. That GTi was pretty std. The Mk V 18" wheels have a dark gun metal colouring on the inside of the horse shoe shape

Cant say if it was chipped or not obviouslyhttp://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/2094/57b23714e98547d58d5c6d2047296c76.jpg

Edited by raptor-22

check the pics. That GTi was pretty std. The Mk V 18" wheels have a dark gun metal colouring on the inside of the horse shoe shape

Cant say if it was chipped or not obviously

Yeah. Not so keen for the pic. I do see though it has the std 17" wheels.

Was just having a laugh ;)

Edited by Ryanpmb

Terrible situation. Not really the place for having a laugh, that's what got that Minter Brown chap in trouble.

Terrible situation. Not really the place for having a laugh, that's what got that Minter Brown chap in trouble.

Hardly the same thing. Read the thread - you'll learn my opinion on the matter and see the empathy and sympathy I have shared. Minter Browns comments where distasteful and hurtful to the victims and their families and friends. Some humour can go down well in otherwise very sad situations. I knew Jarred and know many of his friends well - I'll be sure to let them know that you think my humour was unfounded and apologize if necessary.

A rap on the knuckles would have been more appropriate for the silly Minter Brown but I agree about his own perceived celebrity status and thoughtless flapping gums. Said at a braai could have got him a klap, only oafs would laugh.

This (the cyclists getting killed) is one of those situations that does not have a funny side.

A rap on the knuckles would have been more appropriate for the silly Minter Brown but I agree about his own perceived celebrity status and thoughtless flapping gums. Said at a braai could have got him a klap, only oafs would laugh.

This (the cyclists getting killed) is one of those situations that does not have a funny side.

Have to wonder if this was the 'final straw' to other issues building up to this point. I don't know and am really speculating but it seems a heavy decision for one isolated statement. Makes me think he had a habit of it.

Don't confuse Mob Justice with perceived Moral and Ethical values. For "Kevlar Kev" as KMB calls himself, to say what he did when the respective families haven't even laid their loved ones to rest, smacks of exceptional bad form. No sympathy for him. Sorry. Why did he then not make a private call the families and told them his "sarcastic joke"? That would have taken some guts, let me tell you. So, he turns to social media......(read how brilliantly Rock and Rolla puts it).

I think these so called radio personalities become so high on the perceived "power" they have, and the popularity, that social media becomes an ego stroking mechanism, where stuff gets said not to get a message across, but to see how many thumbs up or likes or kudus (sic) or whatever they can generate.

Don't confuse Mob Justice with perceived Moral and Ethical values. For "Kevlar Kev" as KMB calls himself, to say what he did when the respective families haven't even laid their loved ones to rest, smacks of exceptional bad form. No sympathy for him. Sorry. Why did he then not make a private call the families and told them his "sarcastic joke"? That would have taken some guts, let me tell you. So, he turns to social media......(read how brilliantly Rock and Rolla puts it).

And they love the sound of their own voices....

I agree...that is why I said the tweet was made purely for sensationalism and a certain reaction...the reaction though backlashed negatively.......