Mark Cavendish secures first victory for Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka

News bot

Cav is going to have to accept that to win races his chances will be better in a reduced group.. think we said it last year already.

Or race in tours where the sprinters' teams are not taking part.

Going on data from the stage 2 sprint from last years TdF he should skip the races where Cancelara takes part too

Putting his shoes on[emoji12]

Etixx aren't racing in Qatar something about being too ill disciplined for the organisers liking.

Gen

You've seen this marketing campaign

There's also a few where they pillow fight like a bunch of teenage girls at a slumber party

Hehehe

post-12015-0-26840300-1454959944_thumb.png

A win is a win is a win

Still takes cleating in, making it into the final few kms, getting into the train, holding the best line and never scrub off speed, time the launch and cross the much desired white chalk

Go Cav!!

post-12015-0-63226000-1454960167_thumb.png

Average speed 52kmp/h with some crosswinds, sure there were no hills but plenty time in the gutter for the hangers-on, ain't no pretenders in that finishing group - would bet a fair share of them will be up there come the classics.

This pic sums up what seems to be the vibe Doug and his team has created, guys that previously wouldn't talk to each (Cav and Farrar) other now riding in the wind for each other.

Lastly EBH, what a class rider, to ride on the front like that and finish in the sprint is superb - I really hope he has another good season and I would be over the moon in EBH won a monument - super talent and so down to earth.

Excited for the rest of the season.

post-1509-0-34594800-1454961000_thumb.jpg

Gen

There's also a few where they pillow fight like a bunch of teenage girls at a slumber party

Hehehe

attachicon.gifimage.png

Whahahahah

Gen

Hehehe

attachicon.gifimage.png

That's going to take a lot of explaining.

Guest Lancesball

This pic sums up what seems to be the vibe Doug and his team has created, guys that previously wouldn't talk to each (Cav and Farrar) other now riding in the wind for each other.

Every sprinter is like this with his team after a win and they mates cause they have to be and Ferrar isnt going to win anything anytime soon other than the crash award.

Lets not kid each other. 

Now that he's on a half decent bike, he's winning. He hasn't had the right XXSML kit for years....

Can't believe he managed to win without those wanked out Specialized handle-bars.

Weren't they "The Edge" that allowed him to win last year??

I don't think Cav 'has to be like that', I got the impression when he was more of a team player than you make him out to be. But that's just my opinion from what I saw. I don't think Doug is big on egos.

Farrar get a tough rap in my view - 6 grand tour stage wins - I reckon he deserves a bit of leeway for the role he now has to play. Sure he wont win a straight out gallop with the best now, but if you watched the footage yesterday, I'd rather have him and EBH towing me around the desert at 52km/h.

Or any other big name sprinter to be honest.

This is an opportunity that Cav must use to get some wins, because I doubt that he has it in him to win if the big boys come out to play.

He looked very good against Kittel during the first stage a week ago. Problem is he seems to get himself into very bad positions these days. Kittel had a clear run with brilliant leadout...Cav was 3 or 4 wheels back and still managed to come up on him. 

Would be great to see Cav get the right leadout and Kittel having to struggle to come round.

But Yes he is going to battle to get wins this year because of the number of top guys going round right now.

I have a feeling because of Olympics and the strong competition for places on the track team we might see the best Cav of recent years.

Average speed 52kmp/h with some crosswinds, sure there were no hills but plenty time in the gutter for the hangers-on, ain't no pretenders in that finishing group - would bet a fair share of them will be up there come the classics.

Lastly EBH, what a class rider, to ride on the front like that and finish in the sprint is superb - I really hope he has another good season and I would be over the moon in EBH won a monument - super talent and so down to earth.

Yeah hoping EBH have a massif year!!!!

Anyone else think the Tyler is just taking up space on Dimension data, he is past his peak and nowhere in the lead outs. Think the space could be better used by some other riders.

Also he is starting to look a little homeless.