How often should you replace your helmet

Inv3rt

Still baffles my mind how guys buy 60 K bikes then buy a helmet worth 200 zars !!

I have 3 helmets which I rotate depending on riding conditions - Bell Supra II for Enduro Races  /  661 full face for more the downhill type riding  and then a 661 trail helmet for the weekend rides

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a downhill stretch I hit a irrigation ditch at speed, got flung over the handlebars and a row of vineyards. Landed on my head / neck, got knocked out cold for a few seconds. 

But as my Dad used to say "It's far from the arse, you'll survive".  :ph34r:  :whistling:

Can I give you Peaches number to book a skills course?  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Going to be a while before you are 100% again - try immobilising that finger for a week or so (ice cream stick and tape)

Everytime a new model comes out?

Wannabe did you go and see the gynaecologist after that fall?

Went to the Vet, he stuck a thermometer up my *** and said that there is no permanent damage, I can ride again..... :ph34r:

Can I give you Peaches number to book a skills course?  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Going to be a while before you are 100% again - try immobilising that finger for a week or so (ice cream stick and tape)

Doubt a skills course would have helped, just ran out of luck. 

As I hit the ditch, I got flung into the air, coming down I landed with the front wheel in another erosion ditch, and the rest is history.

Doubt a skills course would have helped, just ran out of luck. 

As I hit the ditch, I got flung into the air, coming down I landed with the front wheel in another erosion ditch, and the rest is history.

Manual those... if you see them.... :)

I am good at giving flying lessons - perhaps those might help....

Manual those... if you see them.... :)

I am good at giving flying lessons - perhaps those might help....

Yeah, a manual solves all with those things. Seriously. Just lift and glide. 

Must admit, my confidence took a huge knock. I was literally inching my way around the sharp switchbacks going down the Bloemendaler on Sunday. 

Edited by Wannabe

Yeah, a manual solves all with those things. Seriously. Just lift and glide. 

Only over the first few ditches, sooner or later your front wheel is going to land in one. 

Was a bit offline in an off camber downhill turn (first time on that section of trail) and ended up in the eroded section on the edge of the service road. Could not brake any sharper than I  already was for fear of OTB, and then I hit the ditches. Let go of the brakes to let the bike/fork do the work, and boooommmmm......

Like I said, I ran out of luck. Was not the first one to have it happen to, and will not be the last one.

Tricky little corner, stay on line and you are OK, go off line and the chances of you donating skin is quite good. 

Only over the first few ditches, sooner or later your front wheel is going to land in one. 

Was a bit offline in an off camber downhill turn (first time on that section of trail) and ended up in the eroded section on the edge of the service road. Could not brake any sharper than I  already was for fear of OTB, and then I hit the ditches. Let go of the brakes to let the bike/fork do the work, and boooommmmm......

Like I said, I ran out of luck. Was not the first one to have it happen to, and will not be the last one.

Tricky little corner, stay on line and you are OK, go off line and the chances of you donating skin is quite good. 

Perhaps some bigger suspension for the bumps?

OK - time to shut up and go test what 6 inches feels like...