2016 FNB Wines2Whales

SteveS

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody want to swap their Adventure entry for a Ride entry?

Best bet would have been to waitlist on the Adventure than to try and swop entries as the ride is still not fully subscribed.

Ah yes you're right, no mention of ride or race or adventure on the medals.

So the Adventure gets the nod cos its the first event? But most of the trails are open all year so they're going to be pretty well used and maintained anyway. Sure Adventure will onlyhave had a thousand over the trail whereas the race will have a couple of thousand riders. But most walk the singletracks anyway.... :ph34r:

Entered for the Adventure!!

This will be my first one!!  Love the trails on that side of the mountain...Recovering from a ACL reconstruction surgery in right knee after 24hours of Oak Valley night ride mishap...so this is best motivation to get back on the bike!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I see that there are still spots for the W2W Ride. I'm sure it is selling out slower than last year. There might be a chance for some new guys to get in this year.

yes its been a slow seller even last year. The stage race bubble is bursting I suppose. People won't travel this far in 2016

yes its been a slow seller even last year. The stage race bubble is bursting I suppose. People won't travel this far in 2016

I think it is more a case of people that did the ride last year now entered for the adventure / race.

Selling out 2 of the 3 events before entries open for public? Pretty impressive imo

I am hoping to get into any...I don't care which one I do, its more about the experience, however I am there to ride to the best of my ability as a weekend warrior....so if you in front of me I am going to try an beat your @ss :-)

I have managed to get into the Ride this year. It's my 1st stage race where I fly to the event. Any recommendations on getting myself and bike from CPT airport to the start and back? Uber, shuttle service, bike couriers, etc?

• 2 weeks later...

I want to do this event (adventure) but have to wait for 1 March to enter - what are my chances of getting an entry? It took me 3 years to get into Sani and I suspect this event is the same?

Just register in the meanwhile so if you dont enter this year you will be on the database for next year entries opening 2 weeks prior to public entries

Hello,

Looking to buy in for the W2W for the mid week Ride. If you have a team entry and need a partner, please let know.

Regards

Eugene

Hello,

Looking to buy in for the W2W, for the mid week Ride. If you have a team entry and need a partner, please let me know.

Regards

Eugene

• 2 weeks later...