anyone delt with WEBTRADES before...sound fishy to me

Mozzi

Hi...

I have this guy.... 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/86478-webtrades/

Contacting me regarding a bike...he just wants my number all the time.. not communication via thehub... mmmmmm ...... and wants clearer pictures..

NOW the question is...... IF HE DOES PAY IN THE MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT... and if it CLEARS in my account... is there anyway... he can reverse such a transaction????

Thank you

Whats wrong with giving him your number? He possibly wants to communicate with you and check you out? I personally do not part with my money until i have chatted to the person and seen/felt out if they are ligit too!

If money reflects in your account make sure its not a cheque deposit. This can be reversed.

Having said that there's no reason to be suspect over someone requesting a phone number and some photos. If anything, its more reassuring than people who just want to arrange immediate collection. Etc. 

He has numerous good ratings. Why not check out the profiles of buyers or sellers he has previously dealt with and chat to them for some reassurance. Be careful and good luck.

Hi Mozzi, Why do you write here that I sound fishy? I never dealt with you, I only contacted you on the bike you advertised. Well, Like my user name reads.......webtrades! So, I have interests in bikes as I buy and sell. Doing this, I can ask for your number to speak with you the seller or buyer. I do give mine out freely as I DO NOT have nothing to hide. Its easy, why didn't you just ask for references to people I dealt with on the this Bike Hub? Now back to your advert; you have clearly stated in responding to comments on your advert that there are Scammers everywhere. that is true, but its your responsibility to veryfy ALL potential buyers or sellers. Back to your scandalous post - ".....webtrades sounds fishy to you". I wonder how I can steal from you using your phone number? If you are sceptical on trading over the internet you shouldn't be here in the first place. Reason being that on this Bike Hub, buyers and sellers all over the world are at liberty to contact you over the item you listed. Finaly, to help settle your paranoid mind; I only asked you for your phone number to enable WhatsApp communication. In return you requested for my email address, which I gave you. You never sent me any email and without explanation or reasons you just decided not deal with me further which I have respected. However, I only got to know of this your post for which I can say you are realy paranoid. And I advice you stop transactions over the Internet to help settle your mind. Take your bike to your local bike shop and ask them to sell it for you.

Edited by webtrades

Hi...

I have this guy....

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/86478-webtrades/

Contacting me regarding a bike...he just wants my number all the time.. not communication via thehub... mmmmmm ...... and wants clearer pictures..

NOW the question is...... IF HE DOES PAY IN THE MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT... and if it CLEARS in my account... is there anyway... he can reverse such a transaction????

Thank you

Mr Mozzi, Please be so kind to educate me on how I can finalise on your bike without a smooth communication with you. You being in the cape and I in Johannesburg? I NEVER KNOW that asking for a seller's phone number and clearer photos of internet listed item makes one a scammer!!?? You have indicated you have been scammed before, so why are you still advertising on the net? Why not take your bike to your local bike shop to sell for you? Dont you know this your post is scandalous and malicious on my personality? I demand you make good your malicious post. I wonder WHY you didn't get to ask your banker your question on if cleared funds can be reversed by the depositor!

Mozzi, Please stop being paranoid and malicious!

Edited by webtrades

If money reflects in your account make sure its not a cheque deposit. This can be reversed.

Having said that there's no reason to be suspect over someone requesting a phone number and some photos. If anything, its more reassuring than people who just want to arrange immediate collection. Etc.

He has numerous good ratings. Why not check out the profiles of buyers or sellers he has previously dealt with and chat to them for some reassurance. Be careful and good luck.

Mozzi is clearly paranoid, he said "if the money clears in his account whether I can reverse the money" I find it dificult to comprehend Mozzi's level of understanding. How can money that has CLEARED in ones account be reversed? Meanwhile, he is in Cape Town while I am in Johannesburg with intention of paying by cash/EFT UPFRONT prior to he shipping the bike off. Its not like I was there in his home giving him a cheque and collecting the bike sametime. In long distance transactions its the buyer that takes the risk as he pays for goods before the seller even packs for shipping unless the seller is plain stupid.

This Mozzi's post is indeed SCANDALOUS AND MALICIOUS!!!

Edited by webtrades

Ja, that is a pretty dick move by the seller bloke. Just move on. Nobody needs that sort of paranoia headache when dealing.

Thanks Small Fry! Your advice is appreciated and taken. Its just that I only saw this post and wanted to clarify issues and probably help him in dealing with his paranoia. .......am moving on anyway

Edited by webtrades

Does @Mozzi seem fishy to any of you? Doesn't want to post clear pics or give a traceable contact detail!

Also, way less than the 1,000 posts required in order to be considered legit!!!

If it looks like a mozzi and sounds like a mozzi, one must buy Peaceful Sleep. 

#justsaying  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

My trolling for the day is now done, back to work.

Edited by Jigghead

Paranoid maybe? , but also as a "trader" making four posts about what a knob you think the seller is , is not good business. I certainly will never make use of web trader , with that attitude. A simple post to clarify would have sufficed.

... So, I have interests in bikes as I buy and sell...

Assuming it's the Fuji (the only bike he has for sale currently) then the pics on the ad are better than most hubbers would post.

If you don't have an interest in riding bikes then a cycling forum probably isn't the place to be. You have been a member for over 2 months and this is the first time you've posted anything.

I agree this thread was the complete wrong way to address his concerns (he should rather have just politely "walked away" than making it a public debate), but can understand his being concerned.

Paranoid maybe? , but also as a "trader" making four posts about what a knob you think the seller is , is not good business. I certainly will never make use of web trader , with that attitude. A simple post to clarify would have sufficed.

I disagree with your comment.  Webtrades has been called fishy and a potential scammer without justification.  If it was me I would also be pissed off at take an attitude to the OP.

Webtrades has tried to clarify his position and the reason why he has asked for the info.  If the OP want to jump to wrong conclusions and make accusations then he had better be prepared to flak for it.  At least webtrades has made an effort... there is nothing forthcoming from the OP, not even an apology.

If the OP thinks that everyone doing business online is a potential scammer then he should not be selling online.

I disagree with your comment.  Webtrades has been called fishy and a potential scammer without justification.  If it was me I would also be pissed off at take an attitude to the OP.

Webtrades has tried to clarify his position and the reason why he has asked for the info.  If the OP want to jump to wrong conclusions and make accusations then he had better be prepared to flak for it.  At least webtrades has made an effort... there is nothing forthcoming from the OP, not even an apology.

If the OP thinks that everyone doing business online is a potential scammer then he should not be selling online.

I cudn't agree more with shaper. I too would be pee'd off with the OP had it been me. I think the OP was pretty immature and inexperienced with web dealings. he was in no position to place his paranoia onto the hub fraternity and in-turn potentially "black-listing" webtrades. I also agree with webtrades, this thread the OP created is malicious. I think the OP needs grow up and apologise to WT.  

Have you ever had a thread dedicated to you calling you fishy and implying you are a scammer? Would you react all professionally without attitude?

Since we established webtrades is not a scammer & it is not friday maybe it is time to close this thread?