USN Cup #2; Avianto... a muddy affair?????

Ozzie NL

50km in the mud isnt too bad, just sucks when you have replace brake pads and cables after a proper mud fest....anyone remember the Silverstar MTB Challenge?  :whistling:

That is why every mtb,er should have a Single speed for these real mtb occasions 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good ride out today! Did the 50km , was muddy but not crazy mud. I suppose a good balance. Course was well marked, enjoyed the technical sections. First time out at Avianto, when is the next USN cup?

To echo the others, the event today was great. It was a lot more technical than I expected with some climbs to heaven...hell's bells!

The support and presence of the sponsor was magic, as was that of Liqui Moly and Techniblock Sun Spray. I certainly needed that bike wash afterwards!

a6517a72b549279bdadd0cc49219fa1b.jpg

d6dc3e482ae7228bf249a107120b2caa.jpg

941e5fda19c5d4a6dad234aa5689ff08.jpg

3fb7809f9e21424b93623e1a69627fd7.jpg

Edited by justanotherbiker

Single speeders are a bit like Jehova witnesses and reformed smokers: always trying to convince everbody how fantastic they are

Spoken like somebody that nailed the 20km event in 3 hours .Well done !

Well I heard via the grapevine that Julius Corbett bailed from the race DNF due to mud. And he is no softy. And guys don't be such douche bags no one likes to spend thousands replacing stuff after a muddy ride. I know I won't do it again.

Race was fun and challenging as usual. Was a little better prepared than last year so really did enjoy it. 

Black sticky suck-me-down mud other side of the road was hectic - just holds you back and feels as though you are towing someone. 

Mud...? Really not a lot of drive train destroying mud around - few puddles here and there but nothing too hectic i.e. no flinging onto the bike kind of mud. 

Rode the 30km with the gf. What exactly are the bedwetters on about? There was hardly any mud.

I must agree, if you picked your lines well enough you didn't even need to get wet in the few puddles there were.

Rode the 30km with the gf. What exactly are the bedwetters on about? There was hardly any mud.

Judging by trackd route further up in the thread, the 30km did not corss onto Eastern side of the farm though?

I must agree, if you picked your lines well enough you didn't even need to get wet in the few puddles there were.

Have to agree, I didn't encounter any drive-train or suspension linkage destroying mud on the 30km loop. As for the relentless uphills, that almost destroyed my soul. Have to really get my a into g for next year's event  :mellow:

pretty good ride, some fun technical bits, lekker climbs. All in all a good day out. Mud wasn't thaaat bad. the Liqui Moly free bike wash really helped

Was a good event. Batching was a LOT better this time around. I did not really get any issues other than my hill shuttles was not at any of the hills...

Oh and black mud sucks... literally...

Oh and 36T X 11/42T is not that bad... 34T would have been perfect I think.

Edited by s14phoenix