29er Dual Suspension Bike weights

awesme

Rockshox SID XX 120mm

G

PS: the bigger build is listed earlier in the thread/today.

Just saw that now, thanks. Planning to upgrade my 1ten to a stage in the next month or so ;)

Edited by GrahamS2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you close enough to go visit Pat a couple of times to droooool.

As said, you can dip below 11kg for this by changing one or 2 things, go with the world cup fork, use a XTR crank, use a less beefy stem, (thats the easy bits)

Just the crank, excluding chainring.

XT      602.7g

XTR   472g

=130g

chainrings are about 70g for XTR, 90 for XT.

20g

Rockshox Sid XX 1633g

Rockshox Sid World Cup 1582g

51g

=201g

Implies with these changes I would have been under 11kg.

G

Just saw that now, thanks. Planning to upgrade my 1ten to a stage in the next month or so ;)

Edited by awesme

Would be cool to know the rand per gram of each build here, my bike works out to R3 per gram

I cant take part in this excercise, as I only have a hardtail,...but Pat stuffed up all my joy of building my hardtail, by posting a DualSuss thats even lighter...thx Pat, remind me to give you a Pat,... on the bêk when we meet lol!!!

Just kidding, I love these little weight loss jobbies on my bike, and you've just raised the bar!

I have Titanium bolts, to replace all mine on the bike, on its way from over the seas, and cant wait to fit them,...and see the 5grm drop... ????????????

Edited by CalamityCrow

PS: allot of the bike weights I've seen in the magazines is without a cage and pedals.

So gives a good base line to compare against, even though thats not a ride ready weight.

G

How did you get a PF30 bearing into a BB92 bottom bracket shell?

You can buy them. Evo bikes has them. Enduro bearings overseas has them.

Bb30 is 42mm OD. Bb92 is 41. So they machine the bearing shell down to 41.

Mike.

12.9 kg on the stock Stage MAX, XL. Tyres are Maxxis Ardent 2.4 up front, and ikon back. That incudes a Pike and a dropper. Plenty light enough for me.

Perfect for the coming week, will be watching, following :)

G

12.9 kg on the stock Stage MAX, XL. Tyres are Maxxis Ardent 2.4 up front, and ikon back. That incudes a Pike and a dropper. Plenty light enough for me.

Rockshox SID XX 120mm

G

PS: the bigger build is listed earlier in the thread/today.

How is the ride feel of the SID XX 120mm? Does it feel stiff enough of a bike like the Stage? Thinking of buying one for my RM Element frame.

I don't think I can say et, remember it only has a hand full of rides on it so far.

added, I'm stupid when it comes to suspension, as long as it keep my traction and i don't feel all shaken up I'm happy.

G

How is the ride feel of the SID XX 120mm? Does it feel stiff enough of a bike like the Stage? Thinking of buying one for my RM Element frame.

I cant take part in this excercise, as I only have a hardtail,...but Pat stuffed up all my joy of building my hardtail, by posting a DualSuss thats even lighter...thx Pat, remind me to give you a Pat,... on the bêk when we meet lol!!!

Just kidding, I love these little weight loss jobbies on my bike, and you've just raised the bar!

I have Titanium bolts, to replace all mine on the bike, on its way from over the seas, and cant wait to fit them,...and see the 5grm drop... ????????????

Haha. Thanks man. I love this kinda thing so keep at ithe, love seeing other weight weenie projects. my hardtail will weigh around 7.5kg when I transfer the parts????

2016 Spez Camber Comp in medium, tubeless and with Spez Zee cage and Shimano 520 pedals weighs in at 13,4 kgs. Consudering it will be much cheaper and much more efficient to take my 84kg to 77kg the bike will not be getting a diet.

I don't think I can say et, remember it only has a hand full of rides on it so far.

added, I'm stupid when it comes to suspension, as long as it keep my traction and i don't feel all shaken up I'm happy.

G

I have a RS Revelation XX World Cup Black box blah die blah.. The one with the Carbon Crown. Its still Dual air Motion Control... 20mm TA.2012 I think. Its On My Rocky Mountain Element. Lighter than a REBA and some SID's at 1540g..Its a Proper fork at Weight Weeny weight.

...RANT ON ITS WAY...

It Performs so much better than other XC forks... It has a mid stroke.. So many xc forks has a semi plush initial 15mm then it goes through a falling rate and ramps up about 20mm from the end. But... this thing has ..A MID STROKE... When you really giving it horns down some gnarly rutted trails, and you start thinking, F#ck yea this is it.. and not Oh F#ck this is the end... that's when you know you have it :clap:

Rant off.

• 3 years later...

Thread revive.

How light are dual-dus frames? Thinking of changing my hardtail frame to a dually and just swopping parts over. But it is hard to find info on the webs...

Hi all

#1 what is excluded when a bike weight is normally provided... Pedals (excluded), (both Cage)

#2 For dual suspension 29'er, whats the weight the guys are seeing/building.

G

What sort of bikes are we talking about here? Carbon or Alu? And what discipline? (XC, Trail, Enduro). Without that distinction the range can be anywhere from 10kg to 17kg...