SRAM introduces 12-speed Eagle drivetrains

News bot

AND - stronger shifts if it's anything like DI2 - that motor puts more force on the DR than the cable can for muddy/dirty conditions etc.

is die kool die sous werd?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is die kool die sous werd?

I don't know - on a road bike - yes - makes cool buzzing noises.... and the auto alignment is pretty cool..

I have only ever ridden once in conditions so bad the rear would not shift - would it have worked - no idea  -would I have gone faster if it had shifted - no idea - probably not.... would I have cursed less - probably not....

I would say in Gauteng conditions, probably not worth the extra spend - perhaps in the WC or NZ it might be - this does not of course stop me wanting it....

I don't know - on a road bike - yes - makes cool buzzing noises.... and the auto alignment is pretty cool..

I have only ever ridden once in conditions so bad the rear would not shift - would it have worked - no idea  -would I have gone faster if it had shifted - no idea - probably not.... would I have cursed less - probably not....

I would say in Gauteng conditions, probably not worth the extra spend - perhaps in the WC or NZ it might be - this does not of course stop me wanting it....

fo sure...roadbike major advantage

On a mtb, I think the tech needs to mature a bit more

fo sure...roadbike major advantage

On a mtb, I think the tech needs to mature a bit more

True - has to go wireless.... then I am in..... :)

Then we just need fly by wireless brakes too....

eek. No thanks. I'd prefer an interface where I can feel how much pressure I'm putting on to the brakes..

what, no more bleeding the brakes, auto warning before the pads are close to wear limit, effective pad/contact adjustment that trims as the pads wear out ..... so much of goodness.

eek. No thanks. I'd prefer an interface where I can feel how much pressure I'm putting on to the brakes..

And yet you are happy driving a merc/bmw/porsche etc with this kind of tech in place? :)

It was just a tounge in cheek comment - so ignore it.... I don't think they will want to do this on a bike because of the weight added for all the pumps etc needed - still - in a car you don't even notice it.

what, no more bleeding the brakes, auto warning before the pads are close to wear limit, effective pad/contact adjustment that trims as the pads wear out ..... so much of goodness.

What about ABS? seems to me a few people could get benefit out of that.

And yet you are happy driving a merc/bmw/porsche etc with this kind of tech in place? :)

It was just a tounge in cheek comment - so ignore it.... I don't think they will want to do this on a bike because of the weight added for all the pumps etc needed - still - in a car you don't even notice it.

very true... 

Fixed

point of order madam speaker:

abs is not fly by wireless.. it is not even fly by wire...

Wheel speed sensors don't have wires? :)

No wheel speed sensor wire = no ABS... but I am now taking my hat and coat and running....

Wheel speed sensors don't have wires? :)

No wheel speed sensor wire = no ABS... but I am now taking my hat and coat and running....

<OT>

Sensors are wired, driver control isn't. It's a direct mechanical/hydraulic connection - albeit assisted and sometimes modulated.

</OT>

<OT>

Sensors are wired, driver control isn't. It's a direct mechanical/hydraulic connection - albeit assisted and sometimes modulated.

</OT>

How about in an Infiniti Q50's steering?

Note to self - this is a bicycle forum.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

How about in an Infiniti Q50's steering?

Note to self - this is a bicycle forum.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Apparently steering is not as important as braking...