Suikerbosrand. What's with the rudeness?

HappyMartin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its because you are a girl and older than them... and going past!!!

EGO 0 / Lady on a road bike +1 :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  .... do it again... maybe they will finally get the idea that you actually need to train a little to keep up and that making STUPID remarks isnt going to make you any faster

eerrr......i dont think happymartin is a girl..... :cursing:

With MTBs outselling road bikes 18-1, it is inevitable that more and more dwisses (starting to like this word) will join the MTB side of the sport. Also look at the demographic... Its the average middle class angry male, and thats the segment where most knobheads find themselves. People that stand around the braai and moan about life, you know the type.

Most of them are what you would call "mid pack" riders. They dont like this, and therefore will compesnate and make comments to make themselves feel more like one of the "manne" or brag about "smashing that guy with the Sworks on the downhill".... Shoulders + Chips = knobheads.

I too have noticed a large amount of MTBer riding around SBR? Why is this? And surely if you are the slower "out of place" person, you need to be aware of whats going on around you? It probably these exact same people that moan about "dirt roadies" who are too slow on technical stuff and insist that people "traaaaaaccckkk" or "mooooovveee!!!" during single sections at MTB events.

If you are riding a MTB with wide bars, dont ride 4 abreast, but if you do, just be aware of people who want to come past. In the same breath if you are a dirt roadie (like me), be aware of people coming up behind you and let them past.....

The solution is simple here people, dont be a knobhead, be nice to your fellow cyclist!

Stereotyping much?

Just remember the demographic you are referring to is what brings numbers to the sport. More people on bikes = bigger market = more choice = lower prices, etc.

Not saying we need more knobheads, just easy on the typecasting, please. :)

Stereotyping much?

Just remember the demographic you are referring to is what brings numbers to the sport. More people on bikes = bigger market = more choice = lower prices, etc.

Not saying we need more knobheads, just easy on the typecasting, please. :)

It's something that is applicable to everyone. He's not saying cyclists are knobheads. Again with the reading into things, when the meaning of the text is clear. 

The solution is simple, people. Don't be a knobhead. AKA Don't be a dick. Applies to everyone. 

It's something that is applicable to everyone. He's not saying cyclists are knobheads. Again with the reading into things, when the meaning of the text is clear. 

The solution is simple, people. Don't be a knobhead. AKA Don't be a dick. Applies to everyone. 

Stop stereotyping Myles, not all knobheads are dicks... jeeeeeeez

yeah, some are ignoramuses.

yeah, some are ignoramuses.

lmfao... You guys crack me.Wait ,am i stereotyping ????????

But all dicks have knobheads!

With MTBs outselling road bikes 18-1, it is inevitable that more and more dwisses (starting to like this word) will join the MTB side of the sport. Also look at the demographic... Its the average middle class angry male, and thats the segment where most knobheads find themselves. People that stand around the braai and moan about life, you know the type.

Most of them are what you would call "mid pack" riders. They dont like this, and therefore will compesnate and make comments to make themselves feel more like one of the "manne" or brag about "smashing that guy with the Sworks on the downhill".... Shoulders + Chips = knobheads.

I too have noticed a large amount of MTBer riding around SBR? Why is this? And surely if you are the slower "out of place" person, you need to be aware of whats going on around you? It probably these exact same people that moan about "dirt roadies" who are too slow on technical stuff and insist that people "traaaaaaccckkk" or "mooooovveee!!!" during single sections at MTB events.

If you are riding a MTB with wide bars, dont ride 4 abreast, but if you do, just be aware of people who want to come past. In the same breath if you are a dirt roadie (like me), be aware of people coming up behind you and let them past.....

The solution is simple here people, dont be a knobhead, be nice to your fellow cyclist!

It certainly is applicable to everyone, and I did not allude to Patch saying cyclists are knobheads. Inevitably, some are, yes. I agree.

But read the highlights. If that is not stereotyping, I don't know what is. That is MY point.

Maybe it's my middle aged, mid pack ass being too sensitive. :P

Wrong again.....!

Just ask those who had intercourse with "unclean" Mrs PacMan, and didnt use their penicillin.... as prescribed by Van the Man.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_273,w_500/t_mp_quality_gif/rvpfoltydqi5uzkkktdq/time-flies-what-does-the-cast-of-national-lampoon-s-van-wilder-look-like-after-college-427787.jpg

It certainly is applicable to everyone, and I did not allude to Patch saying cyclists are knobheads. Inevitably, some are, yes. I agree.

But read the highlights. If that is not stereotyping, I don't know what is. That is MY point.

Maybe it's my middle aged, mid pack ass being too sensitive. :P

Probably.

Wrong again.....!

Just ask those who had intercourse with "unclean" Mrs PacMan, and didnt use their penicillin.... as prescribed by Van the Man.

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_273,w_500/t_mp_quality_gif/rvpfoltydqi5uzkkktdq/time-flies-what-does-the-cast-of-national-lampoon-s-van-wilder-look-like-after-college-427787.jpg

Bwaaahaaa!

What did the leper say to the prostitute?

Keep the tip...

Yes, and all dicks are dwisses.....(now this sounds off.. :)

There was this thread on here a while back. Someone found a disposed tube in a Tokai bush. Posted pics of it on here and everyone naturally condemned it. Now it goes without saying that whom ever was responsible is probably just an inconsiderate asshole.

But what got to me was a single comment. Someone said (and I might be paraphrasing)

'Let me guess, a 26er?'

I'm probably being oversensitive. But I equate that type of thinking with discriminatory slur based on anything else. 

It quickly turned out to actually be a 29er tube and somebody responded with something which in my mind was probably more profound than it was given credit for.

'Assholes come in all wheel sizes'

I could elaborate on the relevance of my my post with regards to this thread but I think it pretty self explanatory.

There was this thread on here a while back. Someone found a disposed tube in a Tokai bush. Posted pics of it on here and everyone naturally condemned it. Now it goes without saying that whom ever was responsible is probably just an inconsiderate asshole.

But what got to me was a single comment. Someone said (and I might be paraphrasing)

'Let me guess, a 26er?'

I'm probably being oversensitive. But I equate that type of thinking with discriminatory slur based on anything else.

It quickly turned out to actually be a 29er tube and somebody responded with something which in my mind was probably more profound than it was given credit for.

'Assholes come in all wheel sizes'

I could elaborate on the relevance of my my post with regards to this thread but I think it pretty self explanatory.

I don't think the issue here is 26er vs 29er, the question is, who the hell still uses tubes???

Archived