[Event] PHILADELPHIA MTB

Annemart

I just love the sand dimension. We MTB'ers, we ride any terrain!

Bloody hell, what a well organised event. I bonked but those water points! that one table I didn't know what to take! liquids nice and chilly, great support.

Where did all the thorns go? last year I had to pull out 41 thorns in the rear and 38 in front. I only ended with 5 thorns in the front.

That first climb was just so lekker, the cows across the road was nerve wrecking.

See you in 2017

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the positive comments and thanks to everyone who enjoyed the day with us.  Please feel free to give us feedback on what parts you like and what not so that we can make it even better next year.

It really was an enjoyable morning out. That big climb did beat me though and I had to push most of the second half. 34/40 is not the easiest gear combination for climbing. I still managed my fastest average speed ever on the MTB over 40km's . The burger afterwards was good and the beer was cold. What more could we ask for. I will definitely be back next year.

Well organized race! Can't ask for a better community to host an event. Plenty of water points with very friendly people. Well done on all the great changes from last year's route. I will definitely be back.

Some constructive criticism: When marking the route take a cyclist along. We look differently at a route than the view from a bakkie. 90% was very well marked but in some areas the arrows was a bit misleading. Change the official distance to 66km (I actually got 67.4km). Not a big deal for me but it is rather longer than 63km and when you suffer it is a loooooong way:)

Other than that you guys can give some lessons to other people organizing mtb events. Job well done!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree, some direction markings were dodgy, i too landed up riding in wrong directions at some places, however luckily not too far.....

Glad to see someone else also got more than 66km. my clock read 66.7km.

The ride was awesome. great training for sand riding. lots and lots of muscle hurting sandy moments. This event will be permanently in my diary. well done all.